ladka

Rates: negotiable?

97 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm new to this site, fairly new to punting too.

Just a question of etiquette really. Is it ever acceptable to ask if a WG can do a set time for a rate that is less than what she has quoted on her website? All they have to do is say yes or no, I just wouldn't want to insult anyone, thats all. The credit crunch is a terrible thing :D

Any thoughts?

cheers

ladka

As a working girl myself, if anyone tries to negotiate my rates for shorter term bookings, I don't tend to see them. I find it quite insulting...

Generally, girls put a price on the service that she provides, that she is comfortable with. At the end of the day, we provide an intimate service, and a girl has to feel that she has been rewarded in sufficient 20 quid notes to offset the feelings that can come from selling your body. If I charge less then what I advertise, I end up leaving feeling horrible and the feeling stays with me. If I charge what I advertise then I go away feeling happy and can get on with my day! Much better.

If you are successful in negotiating, then I don't always think its best for you in the long term, okay, you may have saved 20 quid, but is the service you receive going to be as good as it would have been if you had paid the advertised rate? Possibly and probably not... for reasons outlined above.

If a new client wants to negotiate longer term rates, then depending on circumstance I might agree, but this is definitely considered on a case by case basis. If regular clients want to negotiate long term rates, then this is more probable to be sucessful, because i'm not going into the "unknown". But again how much i will negotiate will depend on circumstance!

The above is just my view, and I am sure everyone has different views. But on the whole, I do think that you take a chance if you negotiate of not getting such a good service.

haggling the price is a definite no no in the paid sex scene covered in these boards and all attempts to book would be declined with out question, we set the prices we are comfortable selling our bodies for - if a girls prices are not to your budget liking or for whatever reason move on and look elsewhere as there are prices for all pockets

No you don't haggle at the tesco's check out over your shopping, so don't do it with WG's.

However that being said...

Adultw0rk usually do reverse bookings where the girls bid on you. Also has a lot of girls that have lower rates.

Depends on your choices, best person to ask for the cheepest rates of girls would be Jimmyredcab, as he knows pretty much all of them, and if he doesn't then he knows someone who will know.

good luck on your quest, and WELCOME to PunterNet

Hi Ladka. From this bloke's point of view, it's extremely discourteous to try to negotiate. The fees are clearly stated, and that's one of the factors in deciding who to try to meet. Most ladies state that any attempts at haggling will lead to a person being 'barred' from any further contact.

In some cases, though, a lady will indicate a range of times and fees, but will say that she is happy to discuss the payment for longer bookings. In a very few cases these are for two hours or more, but mostly they are for longer-than-overnight meetings (weekends or longer) and again there is usually a caveat that the lady will only consider such booking requests from people that she's already met at least once. (And one lady used to have a scale of rates based on how desperately she wanted to go to the various exotic places mentioned :) )

Haggling is not nice.

Haggling is not popular, but sometimes you can make a deal, preferably if it is a win-win situation. Not on the first or second visit though.

Hi

Just a question of etiquette really. Is it ever acceptable to ask if a WG can do a set time for a rate that is less than what she has quoted on her website? All they have to do is say yes or no, I just wouldn't want to insult anyone, thats all. The credit crunch is a terrible thing :)

Any thoughts?

cheers

ladka

Sorry pal, If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

If you cant afford a Ferrari, get out of their showroom......

Any thoughts?

They might throw in a gourd.

That's nice. The guy's asking if there's room to manoeuvre and you come up with useless cliches.

Ladka (Andy Kaufman, right?) yes, there is wriggle room. You've got some responses saying there isn't. There is. Ask nicely, that's all.

Hi

Just a question of etiquette really. Is it ever acceptable to ask if a WG can do a set time for a rate that is less than what she has quoted on her website? All they have to do is say yes or no, I just wouldn't want to insult anyone, thats all. The credit crunch is a terrible thing :)

Any thoughts?

cheers

ladka

I guess it would really depend on how much business the lady already gets at her current rates. I get more than enough at the rates I charge, so personally I do not negotiate reductions with anyone. I suppose there is no harm in asking and you may strike lucky.

I bet you could get quite a bit off a new Ferrari if you turned up with ready money though!

That's nice. The guy's asking if there's room to manoeuvre and you come up with useless cliches.

Ladka (Andy Kaufman, right?) yes, there is wriggle room. You've got some responses saying there isn't. There is. Ask nicely, that's all.

Theres tons of guy wanting discounts for every fing booking. You sure Mr Kaufman is a genuine person looking for a discount. Yes ask nicely but she does nt know you from adam so how does she know your not a millioniaire who just abit tight in the wallet...

A WG is trying to earn a living like every business.

But if your a punter where money is tight for you then start sorting it out why youve got no money not trying to get discounts from other people.

Your spreading the resession not fixing it.....

I bet you could get quite a bit off a new Ferrari if you turned up with ready money though!

Yes I bet I could but if I was a New Poster asking whose willing to give me a discount with no reason but a resesion?

Get some Iq people!!!

Hi

Any thoughts?

cheers

ladka

Just ask. The worst she can say is NO.

I see all the usual suspects have jumped on the bandwagon and are giving you a hard time.

It's their way of welcoming you to this very friendly place

Don't let it get in the way of enjoying the board

Thoughts.

In essence I think Steve's right. To those who say "you don't haggle at Tescos"... I say "I would if they were charging £150 for a tin of beans". In most life situations I ask for a discount for any goods over £50. And once goods or services run into high hundreds usually seek a few competing quotes.

That said I personally don't seek a discount before a first or second meeting... if I don't think quoted price is one I'm happy with, just look elsewhere. (Not sure of my logic. Maybe a feeling that its too likely to get this particularly personal service off to a strained start.)

But if those early meetings go well, I agree with others that diplomatically asking for a deal for longer or regular meetings may be fine. ( Especially if regular meeting were scheduled to particularly suit lady.)

No you don't haggle at the tesco's check out over your shopping, so don't do it with WG's.

However that being said...

Adultw0rk usually do reverse bookings where the girls bid on you. Also has a lot of girls that have lower rates.

Depends on your choices, best person to ask for the cheepest rates of girls would be Jimmyredcab, as he knows pretty much all of them, and if he doesn't then he knows someone who will know.

good luck on your quest, and WELCOME to PunterNet

The problem with this as an argument is that you can identify as many sectors of business where negotiation is very acceptable; the car industry being just one of them.

Personally, I never both with haggling because it is frowned upon in this business. Best to just shop around if funds are sparse.

Hi

Any thoughts?

cheers

ladka

It's an intangible and I don't suppose you can prove it one way or another but I think haggling may lead to a less enthusiastic service provider and therefore a less enjoyable punt. Why risk it? Select one that you CAN afford. If you feel afterward that she did not represent decent FFM, don't go back - and if really disappointed, write ann objective FR to warn the next guy.

hi

thanks to all for the thoughts. I'm thinking that haggling probably not the best way to start things off. To be honest could have answered my own question by thinking how I'd respond if my boss started haggling on my hourly rate - probably two words ending in 'off' !

cheers

ladka

Give it a go!

Very often if I'm planning a punt I will draw up a shortlist of indies and on the day ring around. I'll usually offer £100/hr (which is pretty much the maximum I can afford) to those seeking £120/hr. I've always found someone whose interested. I have had some cracking punts like this with the reduced rate not appearing to result in a reduced service.

Having said this, I can't see this working with a parlour and if you are set on seeing a specific wg then don't haggle.

Sorry I don't negotiate rates on first bookings, but will negotiate with a regular for longer bookings.

Maybe you could get to be a regular with a certain lady then negotiate from there, but definately not on first booking

When you sell anything the more you value it the less you want to haggle over the price. You might put a high price on something knowing you might have to haggle selling it but you always have a limit if its valuable to you. The WGs have to put the price they are comfortable with without room for haggling. If you do haggle and the WG needing the money agrees to less than she values herself for then she will feel bad about herself for accepting less. And she will not be able to give her usual standard of service, even if she has only slightly dropped her price. She is not selling oranges here she is selling the thing she most likely prizes most in life. I see haggling as a form of abuse.

When you sell anything the more you value it the less you want to haggle over the price. You might put a high price on something knowing you might have to haggle selling it but you always have a limit if its valuable to you. The WGs have to put the price they are comfortable with without room for haggling. If you do haggle and the WG needing the money agrees to less than she values herself for then she will feel bad about herself for accepting less. And she will not be able to give her usual standard of service, even if she has only slightly dropped her price. She is not selling oranges here she is selling the thing she most likely prizes most in life. I see haggling as a form of abuse.

My feelings exactly

Mmmm the responses surprise me. All the girls I'm talking to (and remember I've been in the business for a very long time now so know a fair few) are telling me that this is the quietest Dec ever, the credit crunch is affecting business.. I know a lot of you girls are now going to come back and say that its as busy as ever for you right now, but I'm looking at diaries belonging to successfull working girls that have also been around a long time and its not looking good out there.

With this in mind I would say that there now is room for girls to be flexible on their prices. I agree its not nice to haggle and most girls don't like that, but I'm pretty sure a polite email pointing out that you would love to see them but can't quite afford it, then making a sensible offer would get some surprising results.

Haggling is not popular, but sometimes you can make a deal, preferably if it is a win-win situation. Not on the first or second visit though.

Absolutely correct.

Not for 30 minute bookings though.

Take this example -------- you have seen a girl a few times and would like an overnight but her rate is £800 --------- you explain that you can only really afford £600, it is then up to the girl whether she is willing to accept your offer, I fail to see how you would be "insulting" the girl. :)

Mmmm the responses surprise me. All the girls I'm talking to (and remember I've been in the business for a very long time now so know a fair few) are telling me that this is the quietest Dec ever, the credit crunch is affecting business.. I know a lot of you girls are now going to come back and say that its as busy as ever for you right now, but I'm looking at diaries belonging to successfull working girls that have also been around a long time and its not looking good out there.

With this in mind I would say that there now is room for girls to be flexible on their prices. I agree its not nice to haggle and most girls don't like that, but I'm pretty sure a polite email pointing out that you would love to see them but can't quite afford it, then making a sensible offer would get some surprising results.

Brilliant post (I can't believe I am saying that) :)

One girl who I sometimes visit is very pretty but she has reduced her rates for the remainder of 2009 --------- of course some ladies will insist that their diary is still getting full, maybe it is, maybe it isn't. ;)