Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
starman

No Swedish Model In Finland

6 posts in this topic

Tougher rules on buying sex

Finland's biggest Swedish-language daily Hufvudstadsbladet reports that the Minister of Justice is preparing tougher legislation governing the purchase of sex services.

If passed and implemented, the proposed change to the law would impose penalties on anyone  purchasing sex service in a situation in which the buyer should have suspected involved human trafficking or pimping.

Justice Minister Anna-Maja Henriksson told Hufvudstadsbladet that a complete ban on the purchase of sex services would be a better alternative,

but there is not enough backing in the cabinet for a proposal on a total ban.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/mondays_papers_reaction_to_russia-ukraine_tougher_laws_on_buying_sex_and_finns_looking_good_in_hollywood/7116501

Well, it's better than creating a strict liability offence and certainly a ban. 

Pfff, one of those completely mealy-mouthed pointless laws. The PUNTER has to decide if the girl is likely to be exploited?? Apart from all the "pot" and "kettle" angles, would that be the same punters who go: well, I could see she was very young, didn't speak the language, was covered in bruises, wore really cheap lingerie and shoes, bunch of rough looking guys playing cards in the kitchen, her heart didn't really seem in it, but hey, she was smiling, so she must have loved sucking my cock for £30.....    Outrageous cop-out.

All the necessary laws are already in place, against violence, trafficking, exploitation - just bloody well enforce them instead of insulting us further with this silly tinkering. How about raising the age at which one is allowed to sell sex to 21, in order to protect the most vulnerable and immature? Regularly check parlours, brothels and "agencies", check the ages of those involved, and make sure they have all the contacts and phone numbers they may need: police, social workers, charities, GUM clinics, accountants and solicitors. Once all sex workers fill in a tax return, it'll rapidly become obvious where the "boyfriend" cops 90% of the take. Problems arise when vulnerable women don't know where to turn for help.

There are lots of us who really love the amount of independence this job gives us, pay tax, contribute to a pension scheme and have a good standard of living. But, there are even more who are being treated like a commodity, mostly the very young, addicted and uneducated, and the way to protect those is not to criminalise the client, or make a man with a hard-on decide who is likely to be victimised and who isn't.

Pfff, one of those completely mealy-mouthed pointless laws. The PUNTER has to decide if the girl is likely to be exploited?? Apart from all the "pot" and "kettle" angles, would that be the same punters who go: well, I could see she was very young, didn't speak the language, was covered in bruises, wore really cheap lingerie and shoes, bunch of rough looking guys playing cards in the kitchen, her heart didn't really seem in it, but hey, she was smiling, so she must have loved sucking my cock for £30.....    Outrageous cop-out.

All the necessary laws are already in place, against violence, trafficking, exploitation - just bloody well enforce them instead of insulting us further with this silly tinkering. How about raising the age at which one is allowed to sell sex to 21, in order to protect the most vulnerable and immature? Regularly check parlours, brothels and "agencies", check the ages of those involved, and make sure they have all the contacts and phone numbers they may need: police, social workers, charities, GUM clinics, accountants and solicitors. Once all sex workers fill in a tax return, it'll rapidly become obvious where the "boyfriend" cops 90% of the take. Problems arise when vulnerable women don't know where to turn for help.

There are lots of us who really love the amount of independence this job gives us, pay tax, contribute to a pension scheme and have a good standard of living. But, there are even more who are being treated like a commodity, mostly the very young, addicted and uneducated, and the way to protect those is not to criminalise the client, or make a man with a hard-on decide who is likely to be victimised and who isn't.

John Mann MP proposed 21 - although he was under the impression the limit was 16, so he went very quiet after a while as his credibility was shot. The problem is that this would effectively mean that prostitution would have the highest age limit. I wrote to John Mann saying something like, "An 18 year old can join the army, go to Afghanistan, be shot at, blown up, lose a leg, come home, marry the twat that everyone knows is beating them up, get a mortgage, get a bunch of credit cards, run of loads of debts that they can't afford to pay off and with 2 kids to support they're in real trouble. But choosing to go into prostitution to try and pay off their debts and get themselves straight...ooh, hang on that's a really big decision, you shouldn't be exploited like that." - Makes no sense to me. People make bad decisions - if you're over 18, and you're doing it willingly knowing how much you're being paid then that should be fair enough. And £30 for a blow job is fairly standard in Soho etc. and since it's only a 5/10 minute booking you can make a mint if the customers keep coming. The price itself is reasonable for a quickie appointment. I have to work over 2 hours to earn that much. 

John Mann MP proposed 21 - although he was under the impression the limit was 16, so he went very quiet after a while as his credibility was shot. The problem is that this would effectively mean that prostitution would have the highest age limit. I wrote to John Mann saying something like, "An 18 year old can join the army, go to Afghanistan, be shot at, blown up, lose a leg, come home, marry the twat that everyone knows is beating them up, get a mortgage, get a bunch of credit cards, run of loads of debts that they can't afford to pay off and with 2 kids to support they're in real trouble. But choosing to go into prostitution to try and pay off their debts and get themselves straight...ooh, hang on that's a really big decision, you shouldn't be exploited like that." - Makes no sense to me. People make bad decisions - if you're over 18, and you're doing it willingly knowing how much you're being paid then that should be fair enough. And £30 for a blow job is fairly standard in Soho etc. and since it's only a 5/10 minute booking you can make a mint if the customers keep coming. The price itself is reasonable for a quickie appointment. I have to work over 2 hours to earn that much. 

The fact that an 18 year old boy can get sent abroad to get blown up is just as appalling, and doesn't somehow miraculously make prostitution a good choice for an 18 year old girl. I hear what you say about £30 for a blowjob being a standard fee. Just think, a trifling 10 cocks later you'll have the price of a pair of shoes in your pocket (or you would, if your boyfriend didn't take most of it).

The fact that an 18 year old boy can get sent abroad to get blown up is just as appalling, and doesn't somehow miraculously make prostitution a good choice for an 18 year old girl. I hear what you say about £30 for a blowjob being a standard fee. Just think, a trifling 10 cocks later you'll have the price of a pair of shoes in your pocket (or you would, if your boyfriend didn't take most of it).

Well the boyfriend taking most of it is a separate issue. My point about the Army etc. was that if you're too young to suck cocks for money then a lot of other things should have their age limit raised. There's got to be a cut off somewhere, and 18 is voting age, you're an adult and there you go. You make your choices. And if you live in a world where you're spending £300 on a pair of shoes then I don't think you're badly off. If you're working for yourself, then 10 customers a day, 5 days a week, you're earning a lot of money. In reality some of those customers will want longer or more than just a BJ. The price scheme is reasonable to me and you're confusing two separate issues. If your boyfriend is taking most of the money then it doesn't really matter what you're charging. If there isn't a "boyfriend" then although it's at the low end of the market you're earning a very decent wage, as long as you can get the cocks through the door.

Edited by punter992005