Bobcat

Changing my name

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

Is it possible for me to change my name? When I joined I just put down the first name that came into my head and now I rather regret it.

Obviously I am not actually the former Blue Peter presenter. I have no idea whether or not he would browse a site like this but I can't help feeling that it is a bit rude of me to use his name either way. I certainly wouldn't want him to use mine.

Is there some way I can change my name?

Is there some way I can change my name?

PM Admin and request a name change, be aware that any posts that have quoted posts made by yourself with your old name will retain that old name.

Hi,

This issue pops up from time to time :)

Here is the potted guide to changing your name.

First check that the new name you want to have is available (you can do this by checking through the members list - accessed via the Community option).

Second, send a polite PM (Private Message) to Galahad, asking him to change your userid. It will help your case if you can offer a brief explanation or reason for the change (as you did in your post above).

Third, the chances are that Galahad will change your name, as and when he has time, this may take a few days depending on what other stuff he has going on.

When the change has been made, you will find that you can no longer login using your "old" name, but when you try your "new" name it will work (with your current password) ;)

One final point to remember, all your posts will now be attributed to your new name, but where posters have quoted you in the past (when you had your original name), that the quote will still refer to your original name.

Hope that helps.

can you not just delete your profile and then make a new one ?

or am i missing somethink :)

btw i would have done val ;)

AFAIK you would fall at the first hurdle, the ability to delete your own profile has been disabled.

or am i missing somethink :)

btw i would have done val ;)

I have met Val and with absolutely no tendencies towards homosexuality would definitely prefer to shag John if I had to do either.

Are you really Shep ?

And that is another example of why I want to change my name...

BTW thanks for all the advice [the useful bits]...