Chloe Kisses

Cam Light Came On?

11 posts in this topic

Okay so I'm sitting there clicking around on iTunes and the tiny green light next to my inbuilt cam on my mac turns on. I quickly grabbed something and stuck it over the cam but what the hell. Anyone know what this is about and why this would suddenly go on by itself or does it mean someone is getting back door access to my laptop?

I have NEVER seen this light on before and only used the cam once when chatting to a family member, can't remember if the light was on then but I assume so. This is a bit worrying x

Okay so I'm sitting there clicking around on iTunes and the tiny green light next to my inbuilt cam on my mac turns on. I quickly grabbed something and stuck it over the cam but what the hell. Anyone know what this is about and why this would suddenly go on by itself or does it mean someone is getting back door access to my laptop?

I have NEVER seen this light on before and only used the cam once when chatting to a family member, can't remember if the light was on then but I assume so. This is a bit worrying x

yes

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/consumer-security/why-i-cover-my-iphone-and-laptop-camera-and-why-you-should-too-20131220-2zp59.html

get some sticky labels.

okay well i restarted and its still green but still covered. Stick plaster time. Thanks cog xx

aha..think I've found the culprit who is spying on me…its my own Photo Booth, must have clicked it by mistake. Anyhow, that just gave me heart failure…sticky plaster time anyway x

aha..think I've found the culprit who is spying on me…its my own Photo Booth, must have clicked it by mistake. Anyhow, that just gave me heart failure…sticky plaster time anyway x

dont forget tablets and phones...

I just told my kiddys and they both said they sit with their thumb over the cam lens on their iPads…guess they knew before me lol x

I always have a plaster over mine babes I got freaked out one time too lol! kate lll x

If it was spooks, then the light would not appear.  They're actively spying on Skype and webcam comms, simply because they can.  

Emerging surveillance technologies not used exclusively by government agencies, they are being exploited by the criminal fraternity.  

Here's where I warned about concealing cameras six months ago.  

Thankyou guys for your advise. I have only ever used my cam once to chat to my family upt north x