Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Laura Lee

Your Favourite Review

18 posts in this topic

Good evening guys and gals.

I'm looking for the funniest reviews you can find, or those which show the humanity of both parties.

I'm going to write a piece to counteract this dross - http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/exposing-the-invisible-men-who-rate-sex-workers-online.23614579

I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing clients/punters described like rabied beasts. I know it's not true, so help me prove it !

Many thanks in advance.  :)

Oh Laura, i recall that back in the day there was so many to choose from...numerous posters with there own styles...goodluck regardless and hope you get some good material...

I wrote a review of my favourite punting experience, more a humorous story than an actual review and as there was nothing graphic in it, I never actually posted it anywhere so it would be of no use. I'm sorry I didn't now after reading that article!

Laura,

I would add my vote for Man Meat's numerous reviews but also add the two reviews by Mr Pickwick.

96376 by Mr Pickwick works particularly well - mind you there is the risk that opponents would accuse all posters of thinking they lived in Victorian England if you used that and horror of horrors not only misused fallen women but also sent young boys up chimneys and wore a nice line in tall hats. if this became common knowledge my present persona would be obvious for all to see.

Daisy the Doll! I think it's gone now though.

1 person likes this

The journalist will be having a shock to discover than on other sites the women rate the men too.

I love every review, every single one can help people to connect thats the wonderful thing about them all.

There's one in particular about a popular lady that describes how she kept her shoes on throughout the encounter "like a lady". Now I'm filled with self-doubt every time I take mine off -- am I still a lady?! :D

1 person likes this

Daisy the Doll! I think it's gone now though.

It is still there Dolly - Review no. 5638. I remember it well! Hilarious! :P

Man Meat's reviews make me chuckle. His prose is wonderful.

I only have one, but feel free to use it, it made me smile for days after being described in such lovely words (feel free to quote that too) 

Aren't the reviews copyright of Punternet? Can they just be stolen like this and used for commercial purposes.

I don't suppose the exhibition will point out the fact the reviews are cherry-picked (by someone with a LOT of free time) out of ~100,000 reviews in total?

Perhaps they should have done an exhibition made up of horrible things antis say? There is a selection of them at this link:

http://storify.com/itsjustahobby/sex-workers-speak-whenantisattack

Linda Thompson, of Glasgow Women's Support Project, is the Scottish Government-funded Challenging Demand Development Officer.

And to think the Scottish Government actually funds this sort of thing.

1 person likes this

I think the idea of #whenantisattack shoud be expanded and a blog just like the invisible man thing should be made.

As of 10th March there were 116,243 reviews. Can you really cherry-pick a couple dozen out of that number and claim it as "representative"?

I'm pretty sure if you went through that number of reviews for anything you would eventually come across reviews left by people who are clearly idiots.

A Glasgow City Council ­spokeswoman said information taken from the website was already in the public domain.

Was it? She took the information from the blog by Nia Thomas who took the information (without permission) from Punternet.