Followers 0
hermes

contact jacqui smith

6 posts in this topic

By letter : The Rt Hon Jacqui Smith MP

House of Commons, Westminster, London, SW1A 0AA

By Telephone: 01527 523355

By E mail --> smithjj@parliament.uk

waste of time. Try contacting people who you can influence. Jacqui Smith isn't going to change her mind. She already knows she's wrong, but she's doing this for feminist/moralist/religious reasons and you can't change her opinion. Write to anyone except.....

Jacqui Smith

Harriet Harman

Vernon Coaker

Fiona MacTaggart

Denis MacShane

They've made their minds up and you're wasting your breath. Try anyone connected with legal matters or civil rights matters or home office matters.

What would be the point? She literally talks rubbish.

I watched her on Breakfast BBC News yesterday morning and she couldn't give the interviewer a straight answer.

She was asked (a couple of times), how would somebody know whether or not the person they were seeing was trafficked, especially if ignorance is no justification? I can't remember the answer myself because she just rambled and couldn't give a straightforward answer.

She then mumbled something about publishing a "name and shame" list, the interviewer asked her where it would be published. Again, she couldn't give a straight answer.

Maybe it was that my coffee hadn't kicked in yet. But if anybody else watched the interview and could understand it better than I, please feel free to let me know. I'd appreciate the deciphering of the gibberish she spouted.

What would be the point? She literally talks rubbish.

I watched her on Breakfast BBC News yesterday morning and she couldn't give the interviewer a straight answer.

She was asked (a couple of times), how would somebody know whether or not the person they were seeing was trafficked, especially if ignorance is no justification? I can't remember the answer myself because she just rambled and couldn't give a straightforward answer.

She then mumbled something about publishing a "name and shame" list, the interviewer asked her where it would be published. Again, she couldn't give a straight answer.

Maybe it was that my coffee hadn't kicked in yet. But if anybody else watched the interview and could understand it better than I, please feel free to let me know. I'd appreciate the deciphering of the gibberish she spouted.

Have you ever known a politician give a straight answer the will do anything rather than say yes or no, they are so far up their own arses the can not see daylight.

This is just another ill conceived piece of legislation, that is detrimental to our basic rights, lock up those who traffic and force girls into prostitution but leave those who make adult choices alone. :eek:

This is the article on her in Wikipedia (no references to the anti-punter legislation, so no special pleading, all the same, perhaps it needs updating):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqui_Smith

The following passages caught my eye:

As the UK Home Secretary, she has been noted for advocating strongly authoritarian policies.

Jacqui Smith, whilst being Home Secretary was pleased to announce that minor crime has dropped year on year under the Labour government, and continued to do so in 2008. [2] Despite this fact, it has been widely acknowledged that major crimes such as serious assault, rape & murder have increased year-on-year under the Labour government and, as of 2008, are at their highest level under said government.

Jacqui Smith managed to pass the 42 day detention law plans in the House of Commons, despite heavy opposition. [3]. The House of Lords crushingly defeated the law, with Lords characterising it as "fatally flawed, ill thought through and unnecessary", stating that "it seeks to further erode [...] fundamental legal and civil rights".[17]