Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Irgendeiner

Us Report On The Underground Sex Industry

7 posts in this topic

There's an "underground sex industry"??? :eek:

Crikey........it doesn't mention that on the TFL website :lol:

Edited by partylover

It's a thorough piece of work within its remit.

My problem is the assumption which is that all sex workers are coerced one way or the other into this work, and all coercers are by definition pimps/traffickers. Every line seems to be written with that as the only possible perspective. Despite the patina of professional academe, it still seems to me to be fundamentally angled. Prostitution is illegal almost everywhere there so it is necessarily underground and therefore will attract the interest of organised crime.  

I have only skimmed it to be fair but would be interested to know who commissioned it and why, and who is behind the Urban Institute.

I lived in Massachusetts for a while. Definitely one of the most conservative states in the US. They operated pretty much a zero tolerance policy to prostitution, criminalising and villainising both parties.

I remember a girl was running a Zumba class which was suspiciously popular with guys. Turns out she was offering Zumba plus extras. She was actually jailed. The local paper printed the names of about 40 of her clients (not even based on proven fact). So the stakes for those unlucky guys were incredibly high!

I lived in Massachusetts for a while. Definitely one of the most conservative states in the US. They operated pretty much a zero tolerance policy to prostitution, criminalising and villainising both parties.

I remember a girl was running a Zumba class which was suspiciously popular with guys. Turns out she was offering Zumba plus extras. She was actually jailed. The local paper printed the names of about 40 of her clients (not even based on proven fact). So the stakes for those unlucky guys were incredibly high!

I remember reading about the incident on TER. As if those Americans aren't paranoid about everything already!

Still a bloody weird nation where they supposedly take pride in "freedom".

I was expecting a thread on Subway Sex! :mad:

Still a bloody weird nation where they supposedly take pride in "freedom".

Full of weird contradictions, they have the brilliant 1st amendment then go and make guns legal and prostitution illegal.  WTH.

Wonder if anybody every challenge things on the grounds of Freedom of Religion as Sacred prostitution