jojosun

Ovivo 300 Minutes .no Monthly Charges ?

17 posts in this topic

I've had it for over a year now on my punting phone and a seperate one for my Ipad. BRILLIANT

I've had it for over a year now on my punting phone and a seperate one for my Ipad. BRILLIANT

Thank you BC for your feedback .

Will try it . 

Tempted by this offer from Ovivo . One off payment for £20 for 300 minutes &texts + 500 mb

http://www.ovivomobile.com/

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ovivo-freedom-0-deal-with-increased-mins-was-150-now-200-20-for-sim-1731504

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2013/05/28/ovivo-on-test-just-how-does-0-per-month-work/

Anyone here tried it ???

Thanks for you any feedback 

Sadly it seems Ovivo have folded as of tonight if the announcement on their site is correct and is being said on Hot UK deals.

1 person likes this

Thank you BC for your feedback .

Will try it . 

Good job i didn't .

Thank you Smiths . 

Good job i didn't .

Thank you Smiths . 

+Photonut .

BC - will you have to get a new Sim now that Ovivo has folded?

And specifically about the use of the sim for your ipad, was it a dedicated data/tablet sim? Keep getting conflicting info on the use of a normal mobile PAYG for tablet.

Thanks.

BC - will you have to get a new Sim now that Ovivo has folded?

And specifically about the use of the sim for your ipad, was it a dedicated data/tablet sim? Keep getting conflicting info on the use of a normal mobile PAYG for tablet.

Thanks.

Yes I got a sim from www.sambamobile.com for my Ipad. FREE as long as you watch short adverts and collect MB's to use for internet

For my Ovivo phone sim, I am waiting for 3 Sainsburys mobile sims to arrive. When you activate them you get a free £15 bundle which lasts a month, so free 3 months with loads of minutes ,texts and data

I did get a free "3" sim" but you need a 3G phone for it to work

Edited by Brent Cross
1 person likes this

Thanks BC for the info, much appreciated. I can never understand the kids they employ in these phone shops.

Chrispunter: Very good advice from Brent Cross, as regarding the data, its the best deals available now. It depends how often you need to use 3g data.

If is only occasionally, when you away and no free Wifi available, Sambamobile its your best choice. The best thing about it: as long as you accumulated data while watching ads, its never expires!  You can buy a data with them also (if you don't want to watch ads) but it will expire after 30 days, and theirs data plans not exactly cheap either. 

To accumulate a data on Samba, its not such a long tiresome task. (even if its seemed as such: only about 3,5mb data for 1 min ad). Just open another browser tab, click on ad, and put the sound down, while you doing your other browsing. Then click or another ad, or play previous one again. You no even need to see them.

Samba card cost £5 with 150mb already preloaded. They do constantly issue codes, and then you can get it for £1 instead of the fiver.

Sainsbury offer is indeed a very generous one. Here is the link to it. You can order upto the 3 SIM cards to the single address. Each card gives you 2GB 3g data, from the date of activation for the 30 days. (as well as phone calls and texts). However if you did not use the data, (as well as calls and texts allowance) it will expire after a month. (after activation). Its obviously suited somebody who uses lots of 3g data constantly, and then they run out, they just replace it with another sim card. Effectively you can get 6GB data lasting for 3 months for Free!

That is the best deals so far, and I am not aware of any others, unless somebody will post about it.

Yes, its such a pity that Ovivo gone.  Its never was a sustainable business formula right at the beginning,  in fact it was more like a Ponzi scheme. Luckily I was at the beginning of "Pyramid" and did benefited from them for almost 2 years.  :-)

I had 2 years almot as well Xenia. It was your good advice that pointed me their way in the Ist place. Thanks

I got the Sainsburys sims :)

800 minutes. unlimited texts, and data too valid for one month

Happy days

Another bonus if you decide to stay with Sainsburys is

11p off a litre of fuel when you top up by £10

The best Data deal at the moment seems to be from Currys. £2.99 gets you a "three" sim with 1GB of data

Are there any better deals out there?