Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coventrypunter

Rename This Subforum

10 posts in this topic

I think we should ask Gal to rename this to

West Midlands (including Birmingham)

so posters know we can talk about wolverhampton, dudley, walsall and solihull.

what do we all think?

I think that is a very good idea.

Or what about: Those bits between London and The North (excluding Milton Keynes)?

No objection (and no influence) but I think people do post about those areas (e.g. Wolverhampton thread) just as the Glasgow forum has comments on Edinburgh.

The people's voices will be heard whatever the rules...(and no one seems to tell anyone off for exercising the opportunity).

Or what about: Those bits between London and The North (excluding Milton Keynes)?

ok. I did wonder if just midlands. 

but that would be nottingham and derby and leicester too, which is not quite what we want (do we?)

and if we call it west midlands would that include worcester, or stafford, or redditch, leamington?

I personally would say G's term 'immediate vicinity' covers the places mentioned in CP's opening thread and other also with no visible gap between them and Birmingham - they are no distance away from one part of Birmingham, aren't they.

Edited by vivluvsme

I think most would just assume it is B'ham and surrounding area, of which W'ton, Walsall, W Brom and even Coventry all are

Cov is 20 miles away, as are a lot of other places. The others are hip to hip which seems to fit G's criterion.

3000 posts!

At least 2 useful.

Edited by vivluvsme

Part of the trouble is people's concept of where the Midlands starts and finishes! My version is not the same as yours, and if you come from Yorkshire (for example), yours will be way out of kilter with mine!

Which my suggestion overcomes.

It is cut and dried which towns border Brum all the way round (not district councils etc that spread far and wide from the main town in them) so anyone from anywhere can Google Map and and see.

And this surely also fits G's concept, eg Bletchley being covered (uncovered extra and only if you shower first) in the MK forum.

I personally believe any Midlands concept loses the force of the centralised forums that focus on some of the major conurbations in punting terms.

I don't personally see why oyher large places such as Leeds can't have their own forum but that is up to G and I am happy with that.