Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MatureUschi

Health And Safety At Work - Dominatrix Fined

22 posts in this topic

The surprising thing to me is that the court accepted her statement that she only takes £1000 per month from the business. That sounds a pretty lousy rate of return to me. 

Does she have another income stream I wonder?

It has also inspired me to ask to see the Fire Certificate for the premises before I get undressed!!

Edited by porker paul

The surprising thing to me is that the court accepted her statement that she only takes £1000 per month from the business. That sounds a pretty lousy rate of return to me. 

Does she have another income stream I wonder?

It has also inspired me to ask to see the Fire Certificate for the premises before I get undressed!!

You're implying it's a case of "liar, liar, pants on fire"? ;-0

Maybe that's all she wants or needs....

this case alerted me to be aware of what we wish for

if they legalise brothels, then all sorts of jobsworths will be checking up on all sorts of stuff, like fire precautions, electrical testing, whether the stairs are safe and whether the emergency exits are properly labelled.

and I bet all this stuff comes with a fat fee,

1 person likes this

Most parlours I've been in have only one exit / entrance. I guess it's a case of jumping out of the window if there's a fire

if they legalise brothels, then all sorts of jobsworths will be checking up on all sorts of stuff, like fire precautions, electrical testing, whether the stairs are safe and whether the emergency exits are properly labelled.

and I bet all this stuff comes with a fat fee,

I know that soon after the non-smoking regulations came into force in 2007, the local council here visited all the parlours/brothels to check that they were non-smoking. I know that they make regular checks.

Not long afterwards on a hot summers night I took a short-cut through the car-park behind Ambassadors in Cardiff. All the girls were outside in their stilettos and undies having a fag.

It may be illegal to keep a brothel, but that doesn't mean that they're exempt from the Fire Regs etc.

I know that soon after the non-smoking regulations came into force in 2007, the local council here visited all the parlours/brothels to check that they were non-smoking. I know that they make regular checks.

Not long afterwards on a hot summers night I took a short-cut through the car-park behind Ambassadors in Cardiff. All the girls were outside in their stilettos and undies having a fag.

It may be illegal to keep a brothel, but that doesn't mean that they're exempt from the Fire Regs etc.

Same thing at my local parlour - except the girls were told to stay in the rear yard so as not to be seen from the street as it may have been interpreted as loitering / soliciting

hmmm ,why the need to redecorate..that smoke damage kind of makes it look seedy, just like a dungeon should be lol.. on a very serious note though, she should have washed that coat, its just not right turning up to court in a dirty blazer.. :blink:

I see they had trouble gaining access into the building. Would that be because the doors were locked…isn't that what most people and business do when no one is home?? Does that mean that if a fire breaks out in your house and the door is locked sothey have a bit of trouble getting in to quell the flames we too can be done under health and safety fire standards? Are business premises supposed to be easy to break into?

Edited by Chloe Kisses

She earns £1100 a MONTH

Somehow I suspect the real figure is a bit higher :ph34r:

1 person likes this

If an establishment is not in compliance with Health and Safety regulations and fire safety requirements and does not enforce the smoking ban it's likely to be closed down much more quickly (depending on the area) than it would be by the police!

I like her sexy glasses and boots. Maybe I could take a trip to Stockport sometime.

hmmm ,why the need to redecorate..that smoke damage kind of makes it look seedy, just like a dungeon should be lol.. on a very serious note though, she should have washed that coat, its just not right turning up to court in a dirty blazer.. :blink:

I see they had trouble gaining access into the building. Would that be because the doors were locked…isn't that what most people and business do when no one is home?? Does that mean that if a fire breaks out in your house and the door is locked sothey have a bit of trouble getting in to quell the flames we too can be done under health and safety fire standards? Are business premises supposed to be easy to break into?

Judging by the name,The Medusa Club,it does seem to be a set up on a slightly more industrial scale,rather than working from a flat.On closer inspectiuon,it's in an industrial estate in an industrial unit which means the fire door would be push bar which you arent allowed to chain.Dont think the cannisters of nos didnt help her case either

This isn't the first time this has occurred in Manchester:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2012611/Massage-parlours-dungeon-den-breached-regulations-endangered-manacled-clients.html

I see nothing wrong in fire safety officers checking premises.

As regards the amount earned by the lady in the original report, defence lawyers regularly make offers to pay based on questionable figures. If the defendant was self-employed she could claim for whips, stocks etc as business expenses.  It's the job of HMRC to check her declared earnings and expenses which I am sure they will pursue with their usual petty-minded vigilance.   

Judging by the name,The Medusa Club,it does seem to be a set up on a slightly more industrial scale,rather than working from a flat.On closer inspectiuon,it's in an industrial estate in an industrial unit which means the fire door would be push bar which you arent allowed to chain.Dont think the cannisters of nos didnt help her case either

Sorry I thought this was one woman working independently, if its called a club there must be more x

Sorry I thought this was one woman working independently, if its called a club there must be more x

What got me was the nos.Imagine during a fire the brigade wandering in not knowing they were onsite being heated up.Also how she got them.Food grade nos is easy enough to get hold of,but they wont normally flog civvies the big medicinal tanks

As regards the amount earned by the lady in the original report, defence lawyers regularly make offers to pay based on questionable figures. If the defendant was self-employed she could claim for whips, stocks etc as business expenses.  It's the job of HMRC to check her declared earnings and expenses which I am sure they will pursue with their usual petty-minded vigilance.   

At least (correct me if I'm wrong) these H&S offences don't expose her to the possibility of a POCA order?

At least (correct me if I'm wrong) these H&S offences don't expose her to the possibility of a POCA order?

I wouldn't dream of correcting you - as the case was a health and safety matter and nothing to do with money laundering/running a brothel -  I assume you're correct - certainly the parlour continues to operate.  

You're correct as H&S offences are not a "criminal" matter.  At least last time I checked...

You're correct as H&S offences are not a "criminal" matter.  At least last time I checked...

Clearly a criminal matter - the lady appeared in Crown Court and was given 60 hours community service.  . Section 33 (1) of the Health and Safety Act 1974 details offences that are regarded as criminal acts; similarly I guess this case was under Fire Safety legislation which is also subject to criminal law. 

You're implying it's a case of "liar, liar, pants on fire"? ;-0

Maybe that's all she wants or needs....

Bearing in mind the costs of equipping a decent dungeon, I would be looking for  better return than £12 per annum. I could get that with these new pensioner bonds!! :P

Bearing in mind the costs of equipping a decent dungeon, I would be looking for  better return than £12 per annum. I could get that with these new pensioner bonds!! :P

I meant to write £12k per annum!