Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MatureUschi

Us Study On Sexual Exploitation...

3 posts in this topic

...finds that the lives of prostitutes and pimps are more nuanced than expected.

Hm, while it's nice to come across a more informed view, yet again the two P-words (pimps and prostitutes) are to be found in one sentence. I have never, ever had a pimp, nobody ever made a serious attempt to live off my earnings (although various chancers applied for a "boyfriend" position), I have no drug or alcohol problem, I'm a mature, tax paying adult, and so I'm not finding myself represented in any of those studies. Sex workers like me are so totally uninteresting to researchers, since we blow all their preconceived notions out of the water.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-18/researcher-tracks-illicit-sex-after-quitting-commodities.html

1 person likes this

Good on u sweetie, it saddens me when I hear of girls that have boyfriends that live off them its terrible. I always ask new applicants if they have a 'boyfriend' its one of the 1st questions I ask . if I feel a 3rd party is involved they definitely wont be on lll. Have a lovely day kate lll xxxx

...finds that the lives of prostitutes and pimps are more nuanced than expected.

Hm, while it's nice to come across a more informed view, yet again the two P-words (pimps and prostitutes) are to be found in one sentence. I have never, ever had a pimp, nobody ever made a serious attempt to live off my earnings (although various chancers applied for a "boyfriend" position), I have no drug or alcohol problem, I'm a mature, tax paying adult, and so I'm not finding myself represented in any of those studies. Sex workers like me are so totally uninteresting to researchers, since we blow all their preconceived notions out of the water.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-18/researcher-tracks-illicit-sex-after-quitting-commodities.html

It makes perfect sense what you are saying, the same applies to me including the 'chancer boyfriend' who used to work in the City and was making so much money but was tight as a rope. 

However there are plenty of 'P&P' around and I am surprised to discover that more an more foreign couples in their early-mid twenties come here with him living off the girlfriend.  And then he seems to become 'cleverer' and brings lots of girls on a regular basis to the same agencies who might be aware of the arrangement or not.  The clue is on how many girls live at the same location.