Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kissxkate

Thick Time Wasters, Why Do They Bother?

17 posts in this topic

I woke up after going to bed fairly early and checked my phone to see if there were any messages. I found one that was asking me if I would accompany a client socially only to see Grease at the Opera House in Cork. I thought, yeah I'd do that, but of course this being an advance booking, I want to know if he's the real deal.

He says he is not a client, so no previous or references.

I ask him roughly how long he would want my company for and he says, maybe a drink before and after. Cool, but roughly how many hours? He says 12!!!!

At the start he said he would like to go on the 2nd June. Now, here is the thing. I go check the website to see how long the musical goes on for, expecting it to be no more than say, 3 hours with a break in the middle and I discover that it's not on in June, it's on in April.

I reply that 12 hours is madness and if we go in June we will have missed the show.

He replies with an apology and that he meant to go on 2nd April on Sunday. Which is really funny, as it starts on Thursday 3rd April.

Anyone any idea why someone would even bother to do this? It baffles me and at 3am in the morning this conversation is happening!!!!

I've not had a reply to the discovery it's not on until the 3rd yet. I wonder if he will try or just give up?

http://www.corkoperahouse.ie/events/grease

3 am, someone is bored, drunk, lonely or just a prick. Could be all 4

1 person likes this

Timewasters function at any time of the day or night.  At least you were 'in the know' and realised he was just trying to waste some of your time.  Less knowledgeable ladies wouldn't have asked the right questions and would have planned around this date and could have proved to be very frustrating.

1 person likes this

I used to love the London Agencies for this alone...after a nightout what better way to spend the early hours (other then getting a kebab)...i actually met Emma from Butterfly touch like this although admittingly it was only midnight i seem to recall...

Having said that, i can only imagine the majority to be like that described above...

I woke up after going to bed fairly early and checked my phone to see if there were any messages. I found one that was asking me if I would accompany a client socially only to see Grease at the Opera House in Cork. I thought, yeah I'd do that, but of course this being an advance booking, I want to know if he's the real deal.

He says he is not a client, so no previous or references.

I ask him roughly how long he would want my company for and he says, maybe a drink before and after. Cool, but roughly how many hours? He says 12!!!!

At the start he said he would like to go on the 2nd June. Now, here is the thing. I go check the website to see how long the musical goes on for, expecting it to be no more than say, 3 hours with a break in the middle and I discover that it's not on in June, it's on in April.

I reply that 12 hours is madness and if we go in June we will have missed the show.

He replies with an apology and that he meant to go on 2nd April on Sunday. Which is really funny, as it starts on Thursday 3rd April.

Anyone any idea why someone would even bother to do this? It baffles me and at 3am in the morning this conversation is happening!!!!

I've not had a reply to the discovery it's not on until the 3rd yet. I wonder if he will try or just give up?

http://www.corkoperahouse.ie/events/grease

Call his bluff..if you can be bothered x  Accept his booking and ask for more details etc etc

Call his bluff..if you can be bothered x  Accept his booking and ask for more details etc etc

No more details needed.  Both the dates and the day of the Week were incorrect.  First he said June 6th, which is a Friday and when I said the show is in April, he said he meant Sunday 2nd April.  It is on in April, but starts 3rd April on Thursday.

The guy had made no effort with his story and it took all of 2 texts to work out he was a total plonka. 

The funny part was when he said, that he would not be seeking my companionship services after all lol.

I should mention, that I woke up at 3, quite wide awake, which is why I replied to it, but it had been sent earlier in the evening.  I was quite surprised when I got a response, as I assumed he would be asleep.  Maybe I caught him out by responding when he was still a bit tipsy or tired?  Which worked to my benefit in the end.

Why do they bother?Because the kick they get out of it is the fantasy and the thought of us running around responding to them and fuelling the fantasy.

They are sad knackers basically.

1 person likes this

No more details needed.  Both the dates and the day of the Week were incorrect.  First he said June 6th, which is a Friday and when I said the show is in April, he said he meant Sunday 2nd April.  It is on in April, but starts 3rd April on Thursday.

The guy had made no effort with his story and it took all of 2 texts to work out he was a total plonka. 

The funny part was when he said, that he would not be seeking my companionship services after all lol.

I should mention, that I woke up at 3, quite wide awake, which is why I replied to it, but it had been sent earlier in the evening.  I was quite surprised when I got a response, as I assumed he would be asleep.  Maybe I caught him out by responding when he was still a bit tipsy or tired?  Which worked to my benefit in the end.

Many moons ago a maybe wiser man than I thought said to me 'H sweetie why are you not doing the simple thing and turning that phone OFF at night. That man drove a red cab and had a lot more going on upstairs than some people give him credit for.   Anyway I'm going off topic a little but Kate in my experience most of the idiots wankers much like vampires come out at night.  If they are ringing after 10/11pm then for me they didn't get a booking, even when on tour.  Turn that phone off when not working.  The nice/good boys will be there ringing you within decent working hours,  Your gorgeous so no need to put up with out of hours pervs.

1 person likes this

A disturbingly large amount of the population sadly have nothing better to do I'm afraid.

Many moons ago a maybe wiser man than I thought said to me 'H sweetie why are you not doing the simple thing and turning that phone OFF at night. That man drove a red cab and had a lot more going on upstairs than some people give him credit for.   Anyway I'm going off topic a little but Kate in my experience most of the idiots wankers much like vampires come out at night.  If they are ringing after 10/11pm then for me they didn't get a booking, even when on tour.  Turn that phone off when not working.  The nice/good boys will be there ringing you within decent working hours,  Your gorgeous so no need to put up with out of hours pervs.

Agree.

My phone generally goes on silent. I was basically sparko that night after having done so much driving and 3 good touring days and woke up in the middle of the night feeling wide awake, so checked the phone.  To be fair, this wasn't about time wasters generally, as I'm pretty good at avoiding them, or at least not letting them waste my time, but more about the calibre of time wasters.  I mean this one was shocking.  He hadn't even bothered to check his story before sending it out.

It just makes you shake your head and wonder what next!

Emails or text like that you should have pressed delete by the 2nd word no, the first

I put mine on silent as I was caught out a while ago. I put my phone under my pillow for an alarm and I forgot the silent, got woken up at 3am grrrr honestly x

I do not understand that mentality at all. It is the same types who troll or send spam emails loaded with virii. Before that they smashed up phone booths.

Sometimes you can tell by their voice. I had one booked a two hour who sounded positively gorilla like but I took the booking as being intelligent isn't a requisite of getting a booking. Guy couldnt find me. Then he found me. Then he couldnt find my door. Then he found my door but buzzed someone else's number. Then I gave up as this had all taken half an hour. I had another booking booked in and this had all taken 30 minutes from when he arrived so he couldnt have his full two hours anymore anyway. Then he found  my buzzer and i buzzed him in. Then he couldnt find my door so he left the building and went outside to buzz again. 45 minutes. I told him to forget it. Then he said "Im here" so I said okay, then he still couldnt find my door. I gave up. I just was too stressed by the ridiculousness of it all by then. I told  him to forget it. He called me a slag. I told him "sorry did you come here to fuck a virgin? duh!" Then I blocked him. Sometimes the thick is just tooooo thick to be sanity compatible x

I do not understand that mentality at all. It is the same types who troll or send spam emails loaded with virii. Before that they smashed up phone booths.

…and the same sort that troll forums lol  ^_^