Biggus Dickus

Radio 4 this morning

8 posts in this topic

Just a quick post as am on my way out to work but have to say something about this morning's radio 4 interview of Jackie Smith. Firstly she admitted that 'the Swedish Model' is a dead duck. They've looked at it and the public doesn't want it. Secondly the intrviewer pressed her really hard on the legislation whereby the punter is supposed to find out if the girl is trafficked and will get prosecuted if he gets it wrong- he asked the very reasonable question- if the punter is expected to research the girl's background to check whether she's trafficked then why aren't the police doing this? Why is the punter being expected to do the police's job?

Apparently she is going to be interviewed at greater length later this morning on Woman's Hour.

...'the Swedish Model' is a dead duck.

What a very unsavoury picture that conjures up! Not entirely inappropriate, though. :(

Good old Evan! Whilst I comemnd the intention - I think we Punternet folk are to a man opposed to trafficking - the thinking is, as usual, muddled. The usual mantra trotted out that all WGs are trying to escape their lifestyle, all punters are bad etc. Ladies I have seen have better cars than me and seem to enjoy what they do - can Jacqui Smith bear to accept that a high proportion fo WGs do it from choice - for whatever reason - but it is their choice.

Be interesting to see a few test cases - will it be sufficient defence to say you asked first and was assured etc. Do you need to get a receipt from Madam FiFis saying the lady is working off her own bat.

Also intersting to think that when tackling drug abuse the current view is that targeting the users (aka punters) does not stop the trade yet here is the Home Secretary proposing exactly the oppposite.

Just for a second, dare to imagine what decriminalised prostitution might mean - clean safe working conditions and hey, ho, a possible source of tax reveneue for the Governemnt. After all Brothels must fall into the small business sector - maybe the banks would be happy to lend you some money. No stop it, that would never work......

Just a quick post as am on my way out to work but have to say something about this morning's radio 4 interview of Jackie Smith. Firstly she admitted that 'the Swedish Model' is a dead duck. They've looked at it and the public doesn't want it. Secondly the intrviewer pressed her really hard on the legislation whereby the punter is supposed to find out if the girl is trafficked and will get prosecuted if he gets it wrong- he asked the very reasonable question- if the punter is expected to research the girl's background to check whether she's trafficked then why aren't the police doing this? Why is the punter being expected to do the police's job?

Apparently she is going to be interviewed at greater length later this morning on Woman's Hour.

what I'm most interested in knowing is why the hell you post this here and not

in the legalities and legislation section?

Good old Evan! Whilst I comemnd the intention - I think we Punternet folk are to a man opposed to trafficking - the thinking is, as usual, muddled. The usual mantra trotted out that all WGs are trying to escape their lifestyle, all punters are bad etc. Ladies I have seen have better cars than me and seem to enjoy what they do - can Jacqui Smith bear to accept that a high proportion fo WGs do it from choice - for whatever reason - but it is their choice.

Be interesting to see a few test cases - will it be sufficient defence to say you asked first and was assured etc. Do you need to get a receipt from Madam FiFis saying the lady is working off her own bat.

Also intersting to think that when tackling drug abuse the current view is that targeting the users (aka punters) does not stop the trade yet here is the Home Secretary proposing exactly the oppposite.

Just for a second, dare to imagine what decriminalised prostitution might mean - clean safe working conditions and hey, ho, a possible source of tax reveneue for the Governemnt. After all Brothels must fall into the small business sector - maybe the banks would be happy to lend you some money. No stop it, that would never work......

Lurcio, it IS already decriminalised!!!!! (Save for under age, street walking and controlling)

L

what I'm most interested in knowing is why the hell you post this here and not

in the legalities and legislation section?

Erm... because, as stated, it was "Just a quick post as am on my way out to work" Sorry I'm not perfect. Looks like you'd rather I didn't post at all than post in the wrong section?

Erm... because, as stated, it was "Just a quick post as am on my way out to work" Sorry I'm not perfect. Looks like you'd rather I didn't post at all than post in the wrong section?

well, someone had already posted it in the right section