sciros

First minor STI in 30 yrs

39 posts in this topic

And it was the resutl of a bbbj, with a mature woman, who I know find indulges in BBSEX, but doesn't put it on here a-w profile!!

I've always had regualr checkups.

Saw the (civilian) doctor, took some blood, and a scrape.

gave me some pills and cream, it went away after a few days.

Will go back for a checkup next week.

They gave me a alias name to contact the clinic. Nice, little fuss. In the states it is a whole different ball game, though they generally let vets get away with a bit more.

And it was the resutl of a bbbj, with a mature woman, who I know find indulges in BBSEX, but doesn't put it on here a-w profile!!

I've always had regualr checkups.

Saw the (civilian) doctor, took some blood, and a scrape.

gave me some pills and cream, it went away after a few days.

Will go back for a checkup next week.

They gave me a alias name to contact the clinic. Nice, little fuss. In the states it is a whole different ball game, though they generally let vets get away with a bit more.

I am sorry, I am bit confused...

What is "Civilian" doctor? (in the context of the above post)

What is vets (which I understand veterinary doctor) got anything to do with it?

Cream?Which STI is it then?Only thought it was thrush that was treated with a cream and women can have the thrush organism on them without having had sex.

You are right, Strawberry--I know somebody who has thrush in ger ear. No, she hasn't been having aural sex !

I am sorry, I am bit confused...

What is "Civilian" doctor? (in the context of the above post)

What is vets (which I understand veterinary doctor) got anything to do with it?

I guess he's in the armed forces? Vets could mean veterans - as in "more mature."

:confused:

I guess he's in the armed forces? Vets could mean veterans - as in "more mature."

:confused:

I was guessing it also, but not in the context of the post.

Cream?Which STI is it then?Only thought it was thrush that was treated with a cream and women can have the thrush organism on them without having had sex.

Indeed. But, without a mention of what STI this was it's hard to comment on the treatment given.

an american sewrvices guy in the uk, heance the mention of 'vets' (veterans) and 'civilian doctor' - as in not an army doctor.

impressive he knows who gave him the STI, must not have had much sex lately.

Why are mentions of STIs always received with great derision on this site?!

Surely that just perpetuates the irresponsible image that the public have of us whores and man-sluts?

I was merely asking what it was since he said it was "minor" and quite often some things have other causes.

Yes the term "civilian" and his references to "vets" and how things are not so simple in the states indicate he is a member of the American armed forces, and the Vet suggests not more mature, but they have been in one of the conflict areas. I think it was first coined when US Troops came back from Vietnam.

who I know find indulges in BBSEX, but doesn't put it on here a-w profile!!

If you play with fire....

I was guessing it also, but not in the context of the post.

Does he go to punt wearing full combat gear? The mind boggles!

Jack

I saw another doc today, at a hospital with a gum clinic, lots of people in camo there, near Frimley. he asked me had i the swine flu jab, said some had the strangest symptoms. My blood/urine test came up neg. He gave me some more antibiotics two flavors , two types fusicid acid, canesten and some and didn't try and lecture me which was good, and very british. then I had a full medical, inc retinal photos, prostate exam. It was kindof free submission. Maybe this was a false positive?

I saw another doc today, at a hospital with a gum clinic, lots of people in camo there, near Frimley. he asked me had i the swine flu jab, said some had the strangest symptoms. My blood/urine test came up neg. He gave me some more antibiotics two flavors , two types fusicid acid, canesten and some and didn't try and lecture me which was good, and very british. then I had a full medical, inc retinal photos, prostate exam. It was kindof free submission. Maybe this was a false positive?

So what is it you are supposed to have :D

And why would a doctor prescribe antibiotics to someone who's results were negative ??

Canesten is only for thrush and you can get that without any sexual contact.

To add grist to the mill, or whatever:

I just picked up an STI for first time in my life, was in GUM clinic a few days ago, doctor said likely Chlamydia but I still have to wait a few more days for lab test to confirm.

The only sexual encounters I've had in the last 6 weeks (max. incubation period for this) have been 3 WGs from London agencies. No bareback intercourse, no torn condom or any mishap like that, but 2 out of 3 times I received BBBJ. So looks like I must have caught it orally from one of those two ladies. This proves oral-genital transmission happens, anyhow the doctor did not seem at all surprised about that, started talking about mucous membranes at the back of the throat (she didn't give me deep throat, doctor, though that might have been nice, as least so long as no STI was involved).

Apart from dealing with my own health (easily cured with antibiotics, and a week's abstinence from sex) there is the question of whether I should now try to inform the WGs through their agencies. It is impossible to know which one of the two it was that I caught it from, should I warn both?

I just picked up an STI for first time in my life, was in GUM clinic a few days ago, doctor said likely Chlamydia but I still have to wait a few more days for lab test to confirm.

The only sexual encounters I've had in the last 6 weeks (max. incubation period for this) have been 3 WGs from London agencies. No bareback intercourse, no torn condom or any mishap like that, but 2 out of 3 times I received BBBJ. So looks like I must have caught it orally from one of those two ladies. This proves oral-genital transmission happens, anyhow the doctor did not seem at all surprised about that, started talking about mucous membranes at the back of the throat (she didn't give me deep throat, doctor, though that might have been nice, as least so long as no STI was involved).

Apart from dealing with my own health (easily cured with antibiotics, and a week's abstinence from sex) there is the question of whether I should now try to inform the WGs through their agencies. It is impossible to know which one of the two it was that I caught it from, should I warn both?

This is extremely strange! Doctors said that you have an STI, but not sure what STI it is. :D He assuming its Chlamydia, because its the most common one. What clinic that is, who employ such idiots?

There is highly unlikely that chlamydia can pass through oral sex, when you are receiver: (ie from mouth to penis). Please post again when the lab test will be complete. Something is not right here. (and I don't mean the drippage of pus from the end of your penis)

When the OP mentioned cream I immediately thought "Thrush" which although some people can catch it from a sufferer it commonly actually develops without any sexual contact.

Fusidic acid wouldn't be a treatment for any STI that I can think of--- it is used against staphylococcal infections

Staph throat?

This is the problem with folk not getting or giving the correct info - and there are a lot of myths about STIs. When having an attack of thrush some years ago a boyfriend accused me of having an STI - as if it was something I'd caught through being unresponsible. The reason for the attack was nothing to do with having sex.

Your memory could use a health check :confused:.

There is NO maximum incubation period for Chlamydia !

It can lie dormant in the body for years but does NOT survive well in the throat.

It is the most common of all STI's and like most others, the largest increase is in the 16-25 age group.

He assuming its Chlamydia, because its the most common one. What clinic that is, who employ such idiots?

There is highly unlikely that chlamydia can pass through oral sex, when you are receiver: (ie from mouth to penis). Please post again when the lab test will be complete. Something is not right here. (and I don't mean the drippage of pus from the end of your penis)

Thank you Dr Xenia for that.

The GUM clinic I visit is at a leading national teaching hospital and is one of the best there is.

Doctor sent urethral sample to the lab on site to be looked at under a microscope, and 30 minutes later he calls me back in and says, Beautyseeker, my boy, based on your symptoms and what I can see under the microscope and my vast clinical experience, you probably have a chlamydia infection but of course we cannot be sure until the lab test (DNA test) results come back. Meanwhile take this 1000mg of azithromycin and that will clear it up in a week if is indeed chlamydia, as suspected.

The doctor was not surprised at the oral-genital transmission route, he thought this was certainly possible from a WG who offers OWO to other clients. (Especially dangerous is OWO+CIM, I'd guess, but I didn't specifically ask the doctor about CIM - didn't seem needed!) He also commented that oral chlamydia is very common in male sex workers who see men. I say thank you very much doctor but I visit female WGs only.

As everyone here knows, chlamydia is not at all a serious STI so long as you catch it and treat it with antibiotics. So I will be 'clean' again in a week. And the risk of catching this again in future is not going to stop me from punting, but it might stop me from having OWO, I'll have to think about that.

I did not ask the doctor whether if the WG uses an anti-bacterial mouthwash that would prevent oral transmission of bacterial STIs like chlamydia and gonorrhea. But I have noticed that half the WGs I see do have a family-size bottle of Listerine in their bathroom. It surely cannot do any harm to use it, but probably one would have to gargle thoroughly for many minutes to be sure, not just a quick rinse and spit.

A DNA test? Wouldn't have thought that would detect chlamydia!!!!

Chlamydia can be serious since it can result in infertility or infect the unborn child. I'd call that fairly nasty.

A DNA test? Wouldn't have thought that would detect chlamydia!!!!

Chlamydia can be serious since it can result in infertility or infect the unborn child. I'd call that fairly nasty.

FFS, why is everyone on this thread arguing with me. I was in the clinic just days ago and asked them every relevant question.

Yes, the lab test for Chlamydia is based on checking that the bacterium in the sample is the chlamydia trachomatis bacterium and not something different. In 2009 this is done by testing its DNA, also known as a PCR test (Polymerase Chain Reaction). Read all about it here:

http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/chlamydia/test.html

No, Chlamydia is not a serious infection for a man so long as it is picked up and treated with antibiotics fairly quickly. Yes, if untreated for a long time it can become serious with a risk of infertility etc. Yes, if undetected in a woman's vagina it can become serious. But because we are - I think - talking in this thread only about people who use condoms for vaginal sex but receive BBBJ, see the OP, then I don't see how vaginal chlamydia is relevant in this thread.