jones the butcher

Heartbleed Bug

4 posts in this topic

In view of recent events does anyone know if Punternet and A/W are affected,and should we change passwords.

In view of recent events does anyone know if Punternet and A/W are affected,and should we change passwords.

Have not come across any info to say it has, but as all things internet, keeps changing passwords regular, don't use same password for different sites, just treat forums as you would your online banking security.

Did I read it right that the security stuff thats gone tits up, was coded by a firm thats got 1 full time staff and is funded by donations ?

Did I read it right that the security stuff thats gone tits up, was coded by a firm thats got 1 full time staff and is funded by donations ?

OpenSSL is an open source project that takes donations and sells support contracts, pretty much the standard commercial model for open source software. There are quite a number of contributors I believe, so it's not surprising that it only needs a single full-time member of staff. A great deal of the web is powered by similar components, so it's not really unusual.

1 person likes this