MatureUschi

Could This Be A Way Of Eradicating Street Prostitution?

16 posts in this topic

It could also affect sites like AW.

It could also affect sites like AW.

Indeed. It would be brilliant if listings sites brought out their own apps - no doubt they will eventually. However, if anyone is tech-savvy out there, why not steal a march. There's a company near Old Street that teaches how to code an app in a day.... this would be a worthy project to bring to the table. Would be a nice one for Galahad on a rainy weekend.

Edited by MatureUschi
1 person likes this

Seems like a debate which is redundant. Street prossying does not need any kind of technology.

What you see is what you get, and you walk over and make a deal with the wg. That's how it works. Age old, and it doesn't need fixing.

Seems like a debate which is redundant. Street prossying does not need any kind of technology.

What you see is what you get, and you walk over and make a deal with the wg. That's how it works. Age old, and it doesn't need fixing.

You may say that, but it's both illegal and dangerous for sex workers. Of course men are highly visual, and dangling the goods under their nose works remarkably well, but for women it's a dodgy way of working.

I only have a basic phone for punting and wouldn't install any app like this on my real life iPhone.

Also, if anyone runs 2 iPhones and wants any apps like this be sure to download them through a second iTunes account that's not linked to your primary iPhone.

DG

Edited by Diamond Geezer
1 person likes this

I have a suspicion that many "punting" phones are of an old type which may not be suitable to fancy apps.

Still, it could be a good idea for getting ladies off the streets.

too simplistic.

street punting occurs due to social issues.  this site has been around for years now, and there are many parlour, flat, indie websites.  so the fact street scene exists can't IMO be remedied by making an iOS or Android or whatever app.  if a man can read the local paper classifieds, or peruse a website to get a parlour or indie or flat, and he still chooses to get a street wg, doesn't make much difference.

it is dangerous for street workers, but sometimes they have no other choice.  just saying it's more complex than the daily mail let on.

1 person likes this

Unfortunately you're right there - most issues are more complicated than presented in the Daily Mail. :D

Street workers in the UK are usually not working the street out of choice. They're often too addicted, unreliable and volatile to be hired by parlours and agencies, and too flakey to organise a work flat or hotel room for themselves. But I do think there has to be a business in this i.e. an app that effectively replaces the phone box cards and finds somebody of your type, offering the services you're looking for, and within walking distance.

I used to advertise on tart cards until they became illegal, and absolutely loved the immediacy of it - serious punters would phone, looking for somebody local NOW. The internet is all very well, but doesn't do the same job. A new client confessed the other day that I was on his "hot list" for 4 years before he came to see me. Ye gods! Phone box punters usually had a cock emergency now. An app could do the same thing. The difference is that the cards would also lure in clients who weren't even thinking of punting until the tart cards put the idea in their heads - an app is something that only works when they're already looking.

Apparently, apps already exist that show you who is in the vicinity and interested in meeting up, just not on a commercial basis. I'd love an app where I can sign in and out, depending on availability, so guys know not to call me when I'm unavailable. Massively time saving for the client. I'm sure G. will work out what's required. ;)

Unfortunately you're right there - most issues are more complicated than presented in the Daily Mail. :D

Street workers in the UK are usually not working the street out of choice. They're often too addicted, unreliable and volatile to be hired by parlours and agencies, and too flakey to organise a work flat or hotel room for themselves. But I do think there has to be a business in this i.e. an app that effectively replaces the phone box cards and finds somebody of your type, offering the services you're looking for, and within walking distance.

I used to advertise on tart cards until they became illegal, and absolutely loved the immediacy of it - serious punters would phone, looking for somebody local NOW. The internet is all very well, but doesn't do the same job. A new client confessed the other day that I was on his "hot list" for 4 years before he came to see me. Ye gods! Phone box punters usually had a cock emergency now. An app could do the same thing. The difference is that the cards would also lure in clients who weren't even thinking of punting until the tart cards put the idea in their heads - an app is something that only works when they're already looking.

Apparently, apps already exist that show you who is in the vicinity and interested in meeting up, just not on a commercial basis. I'd love an app where I can sign in and out, depending on availability, so guys know not to call me when I'm unavailable. Massively time saving for the client. I'm sure G. will work out what's required. ;)

How very true!!

You are forgetting one important thing. Most of the girls wouldn't be able to work out how to use it

Tart card! Lovely description and had me smiling

Whilst in euro countries wg can appear on the street they have some accommodation to entertain their customers.

The UK street scene is not so. Which is one of the reasons it is illegal. Therefore no technology will be allowed to assist in the street scene in the UK.

Equally punters are going to leave a punting footprint, for anyone to see. So I doubt they would use it for street punting.

So it wouldn't bring an end to street punting.

Edited by oddbloke

i don't live in the UK again, but tart cards are illegal?  since when? lol.. since when i'm in london, i have to use public wifi or buy a newspaper to find a WG to fuck or suck my cock?  lol..

I like the idea, but in practical terms I doubt it would work for the street scene.

That said, also with so many trying to hide what they are doing and iPhones tracing your steps even when GPS is turned off... it would take time to get off the ground, to even come close to "normal directories". 

That said we all once said AW would never work either. lol

Doesn't aw already have all that built in to the ios webapp.

get current location > have a browse > book a girl