MatureUschi

Totally Secure Mobile Messaging - Worth A Try?

3 posts in this topic

https://threema.ch/en/

I guess if anyone can do it, it's the secretive and discreet Swiss. I'm going to stick the app on the new iPad.

Without a large user-base. I don't think it'll ever catch on to WhatsApp or Line (popular in Asia & South America). What's point of getting it and have nobody to talk to? Besides, it's not like we're chatting about nuclear warhead storage locations, nobody's going to be hacking into our conversations.

If your iPhone is jailbroken, then using OpenGPG you can already encrypt your text before sending it across standard SMTP, POP, SMS or MMS protocols.  I've been using it successfully for about a year.   

I don't trust Apple's iOS Data Protection and Cloud management.  Neither do I trust anyone other than myself to look after my encryption needs.  PGP is easy to learn.  In his new book, No Place to Hide, Glenn Greenwald admits to very nearly losing the Edward Snowden story because he simply couldn't be bothered with learning encryption.  

Never trust third parties with sensitive information.  You're still transferring meta data between clearly identifiable individuals.  Encrypted communications across an anonymous network like Tor is a much better solution.  

Edited by WhilstNeroplays