vicegirl

New Laws when r they in force??

218 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me when the new laws come into force (Brothel closures and payng for sex) I know they got the royal assent a few weeks back. I haven't got time to trawl through the threads busy opeing my new venture!!!

Can anyone tell me when the new laws come into force (Brothel closures and payng for sex) I know they got the royal assent a few weeks back. I haven't got time to trawl through the threads busy opeing my new venture!!!

no date's been set as far as I know, although I stand to be corrected by someone on here.

I will not comply with any new laws --------- however I think it will only be illegal to pay for sex if it can be proved that the girl is being "controlled", don't ask me to define "controlled". :confused:;)

I will not comply with any new laws --------- however I think it will only be illegal to pay for sex if it can be proved that the girl is being "controlled", don't ask me to define "controlled". :confused:;)

Very much seconded. I have no respect for HH and her ilk so will continue to do as i want not what these hypocrites dictate. As ever with these people its "do as i say, not as i do".

"Controlled" is nowhere in the legislation:

Paying for sexual services of a prostitute subjected to force etc.

(1) A person (A) commits an offence if

Wait until the news comes out that these new laws will be abused by the police and all the major political parties. It is obvious that the famnazi organisations and the religious organisations and their supporters will do everything they can to abuse the new laws and try to introduce new ones. The thing that these organisations have is that they have a lot of wealth (how much? I wouldn't be surprised that it is enough to end world poverty) so I can't imagine if the sex-positive organistaions will ever have even half of the money that those groups do.

its a pity that the industry as a whole does'nt contibute more financially or otherwise to the sex positive groups such as iusw & english collective

just think if every parlour,agency & even indie donated regularly,what could be achieved,ie paid staff to lobby & campaign for sex worker rights

I am in the ISUW via the GMB, paying union fees every month - is that regularly?

I am in the ISUW via the GMB, paying union fees every month - is that regularly?

What pisses me off is the antis have said that the ECP and IUSW have run a campaign heavily funded by the massive profits of the pimps and brothel owners. If only!

What pisses me off is the antis have said that the ECP and IUSW have run a campaign heavily funded by the massive profits of the pimps and brothel owners. If only!

well they had to say that lie to divert attention away from the millions of pounds donated by this govt to anti-prostitution groups

To answer your original question, it seems it won't be in force at least until 25th January:

http://www.punternet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=390943&postcount=99

Oh that's interesting, I had assumed that once they had Royal Assent they were law. No wonder lawyers have to study so hard, it's all so complicated!

They will probably be a big media blitz something on the lines of '£1000 fine if you see forced prostitute' on tv, radio and newspapers. Should keep them guys ticking over.

They will probably be a big media blitz something on the lines of '£1000 fine if you see forced prostitute' on tv, radio and newspapers. Should keep them guys ticking over.

Unless you are the Sun, when it it will be £1000 fine when you see a prostitute.

Unless you are the Sun, when it it will be £1000 fine when you see a prostitute.

Yeah you can bank on that - the subtext being it's much better to spend your dosh upgrading your Sky package :P

That's one more syllable than the Sun can cope with, so expect to see 'hooker' or some such. :P:confused:

B

email response from home office

Thank you for your e-mail of 7 December 2009 about the prostitution law and closure orders. Your e-mail has been passed to the Direct Communications Unit and I have been asked to reply.

The commencement date for the prostitution provisions in the Policing and Crime Act 2009 has not yet been confirmed. However, the provisions are likely to come into force in the Spring.

The closure orders introduced by Section 21 of the Act will target premises linked to particularly exploitative sexual offences and will be used to prevent further offences taking place in the future. The relevant offences are set out on the face of the Act, which can be viewed using the following link: www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2009/ukpga_20090026_en_4#pt2-pb2-l1g21

Yours sincerely,

Hulya Ahmet

Direct Communication Unit

email response from home office

Thank you for your e-mail of 7 December 2009 about the prostitution law and closure orders. Your e-mail has been passed to the Direct Communications Unit and I have been asked to reply.

The commencement date for the prostitution provisions in the Policing and Crime Act 2009 has not yet been confirmed. However, the provisions are likely to come into force in the Spring.

The closure orders introduced by Section 21 of the Act will target premises linked to particularly exploitative sexual offences and will be used to prevent further offences taking place in the future. The relevant offences are set out on the face of the Act, which can be viewed using the following link: www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2009/ukpga_20090026_en_4#pt2-pb2-l1g21

Yours sincerely,

Hulya Ahmet

Direct Communication Unit

In otherwords they are going try to use this as a vote winner for the election and also they haven't got a bloody clue. What the hell is exploitative sexual offence?

In otherwords they are going try to use this as a vote winner for the election and also they haven't got a bloody clue. What the hell is exploitative sexual offence?

...and when does an exploitative sexual offence become particularly exploitative?

What the hell is exploitative sexual offence?

Basically it is anything you want it to be, for example a brothel owner/manager.

In other words they are going try to use this as a vote winner for the election and also they haven't got a bloody clue. What the hell is exploitative sexual offence?

... and if you can answer that one, could you go on and try to explain a "particularly" exploitative sexual offence?

Although the Policing and Crime Act 2009 now has Royal Assent, there seems to be no Commencement Order for the Section of the Act that covers the new draconain prostitution crackdown, this Section will not be Law until a Commencement Order is effected see:-

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2009/uksi_20093096_en_1

Either our super intellegent, sauve and smart Home Secratary "Postman Al" and his counter part Justice Tzar "Creepy" Straw are doctoring the Section on Prostitution to beef it up, or they are not happy with it and sitting on it deciding when and if to induct. Hopefully it will never have a Commencement Order placed on it and not before the Election, the Tories may then shelve it. Living in hope or a miracle. My guess is this legislation will be Nanny Labours epitaph, before they are consigned to the history of opposition for generations.

or they are not happy with it and sitting on it deciding when and if to induct.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, can you really see HH letting it lie fallow?

Either our super intellegent, sauve and smart Home Secratary "Postman Al" and his counter part Justice Tzar "Creepy" Straw are doctoring the Section on Prostitution to beef it up, or they are not happy with it and sitting on it deciding when and if to induct.

The usual reason for delaying commencement is to let CPS, Police, Archbold, Judges etc., read up on it and work out what it actually means. I think, however, that Straw et al may well be too busy to do anything about it before dissolution, and that the next Minister will have so much to do reading himself into the job that this sort of contentious garbage is going to have a very low priority,

but,

if it made Hattie Harperson happy, then it is all alright, isn't it?

The usual reason for delaying commencement is to let CPS, Police, Archbold, Judges etc., read up on it and work out what it actually means. I think, however, that Straw et al may well be too busy to do anything about it before dissolution, and that the next Minister will have so much to do reading himself into the job that this sort of contentious garbage is going to have a very low priority,

but,

if it made Hattie Harperson happy, then it is all alright, isn't it?

The enforcement of the provisions are being formalized, the etc also includes representations from outside those you mention.