Elsewhere

Meeting ladies you never thought you would.

3 posts in this topic

I am sure its a common situation, looking at various profiles, reports, trying to do some research...... and finally finding a lady that looks perfect....... only to find she is x_hundred miles away. Bugger!

But wait, sometimes fate smiles on you....

I have had this happen to me twice during the last month or two. Both times, I have had my eye on certain ladies, only to rule them out as I cant get to them. Then by sheer fluke after checking back again a month or 2 later to see if they have new photos or blog entries, find they have just announced a tour to the city I live! Hurrah!

In both cases, I had a wonderful time and feel very lucky that I managed to meet both of them. Just to show good things *DO* happen occasionally in this minefield of a hobby and not just the bad things and horror stories that we hear so much about.

I am sure its a common situation, looking at various profiles, reports, trying to do some research...... and finally finding a lady that looks perfect....... only to find she is x_hundred miles away. Bugger!

I have had this happen to me twice during the last month or two. Both times, I have had my eye on certain ladies, only to rule them out as I cant get to them. Then by sheer fluke after checking back again a month or 2 later to see if they have new photos or blog entries, find they have just announced a tour to the city I live! Hurrah!

In both cases, I had a wonderful time and feel very lucky that I managed to meet both of them. Just to show good things *DO* happen occasionally in this minefield of a hobby and not just the bad things and horror stories that we hear so much about.

Hmmm, with me it quite often works in reverse. I travel a bit for work (to the same 4 or 5 cities) and have researched a few lovely looking girls in each location. I am usually travelling with work colleagues, so don't have the chance to punt, but on the odd occasion I travel alone I will make a booking. It's amazing how often these away games go wrong for me (Swine Flu, family crises and even an eviction :confused: have spoiled long awaited punts for me this year). Much like Fulham a couple of seasons ago, I can't seem to score away from home :). As I'm not much good with Plan B's away from home there is usually little to do apart from take it in good grace and hope it'll work out better next time.

However, before I come across all NIK-like, it's not been all bad. I have managed to see a couple of real gems, especially one in Bournemouth. Oh, and like you, the odd tour by a young lady from parts obscure to that London has yielded unexpected pleasure sometimes :eek:.

I do find that if a WG from far away does tour and occasionally visits London, that they are usually very amenable to a request to let me know when they are planning to be in town so that I don't miss the trip.

Would an FR for either of these good experiences be forthcoming by any chance ?

It can be just as bad with locals. I sometimes spend months waiting for a girl's day on the rota to match days I am free. That's the trouble with being fussy (or particular). With one of them I have actually made 3 bookings, about 3 months apart from each other, and then she's been off sick on 2 out of the 3 occasions. (Not suggesting that's suspicious, of course. Just part of life's rich tapestry.)