Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hero

Split Personality...

16 posts in this topic

Not talking about creating a persona to protect ones identity but truely changle traits...

Eg...once met a beautiful lady who was graceful, charming and just so respectful of her surroundings when we wre together...yet she would turn into a childish, broody, sulking little brat in the company of certain friends...

Very hard to believe it to be the same lady in fact...

Just something to discuss on this slow and everso relaxing Sunday...

We often think being singular but we are plural... Depending on the mood and who is around. But a person who changes everything of their personality is more likely to have mental problems...

Wise words indeed...

This particular lady did have certain "issues" but to change like a switch is remarkable...

I would only expect the finest od actors to pull that one off lol

Wise words indeed...

This particular lady did have certain "issues" but to change like a switch is remarkable...

I would only expect the finest od actors to pull that one off lol

Indeed some people can be a bit 'moody' and the best is to keep the distance from them until they become more mature.....  Yet, we all perceive reality differently.  Some time ago I met a guy for a date and we went to a restaurant where we had a great time.  He then asked me to go to a nearby bar, having said earlier himself that people behave differently in different locations.  The bar we went to was rather busy, yet he was the one to attack me when we reached a more delicate subject about some generalisations.  However at no point he attempted to protect me from the other guys who kept coming onto me, pulling my hair etc.  I would have liked him to be a real man and come up with some suggestions to go somewhere else or protect me from those guys but he chose to do nothing.  He came across as insecure and a bit eager on drawing conclusions that suited him so I let him be.  I like my man to be a real man anyway and not me to be the one protecting him...........

Jealousy can do terrible things with some people

Jealousy is a very bad trait to have....

We all have an alter ego I think, just at different levels, jealousy can be one of the emotions that brings it out, but there are many others.

My current job involves changing people completely/bringing those alter ego's out in an extreme way and it never ceases to surprise and amaze me just how different the persona becomes when you change a persons appearance or take them out of their normal surroundings/comfort zone.

I have a close relative that is a theatre sister, around her work colleagues she is the most level headed person going, but to those close to her often the mask slides and she can be a real pain throws the dolly out of the pram and demands far more attention from those around her than a normal person should do, the words spoilt and pampered princess come to mind when you see this side.

On a personal level if I drink too much my personality completely changes. Whilst on one hand becoming incredibly horny I also go from being a kitten to becoming a lion, so if you want to confront me best wait till I'm sober.

Indeed some people can be a bit 'moody' and the best is to keep the distance from them until they become more mature.....  Yet, we all perceive reality differently.  Some time ago I met a guy for a date and we went to a restaurant where we had a great time.  He then asked me to go to a nearby bar, having said earlier himself that people behave differently in different locations.  The bar we went to was rather busy, yet he was the one to attack me when we reached a more delicate subject about some generalisations.  However at no point he attempted to protect me from the other guys who kept coming onto me, pulling my hair etc.  I would have liked him to be a real man and come up with some suggestions to go somewhere else or protect me from those guys but he chose to do nothing.  He came across as insecure and a bit eager on drawing conclusions that suited him so I let him be.  I like my man to be a real man anyway and not me to be the one protecting him...........

You were on a date and your man let other guys jostle you and pull your  hair ?  I presume that relationship died a quick death. 

We all have an alter ego I think, just at different levels, jealousy can be one of the emotions that brings it out, but there are many others.

My current job involves changing people completely/bringing those alter ego's out in an extreme way and it never ceases to surprise and amaze me just how different the persona becomes when you change a persons appearance or take them out of their normal surroundings/comfort zone.

I have a close relative that is a theatre sister, around her work colleagues she is the most level headed person going, but to those close to her often the mask slides and she can be a real pain throws the dolly out of the pram and demands far more attention from those around her than a normal person should do, the words spoilt and pampered princess come to mind when you see this side.

On a personal level if I drink too much my personality completely changes. Whilst on one hand becoming incredibly horny I also go from being a kitten to becoming a lion, so if you want to confront me best wait till I'm sober.

Drink is extremely dangerous and it at the root of the vast majority of social altercations. I always advise young people out late at night to stay well clear of any arguments with people as the drink takes over. Does the real personality of the person come out or just the dark trapped side is released ?

Interesting. Reminds me of one of the primary school teachers one of my children had. She herself acknowledged she was completely different at school and at home. The fact that she was giving all the time in her job, she said, tended to make her very selfish and demanding with her family. When she walked through the door, she'd had enough of giving for one day and now wanted to receive.

Interesting. Reminds me of one of the primary school teachers one of my children had. She herself acknowledged she was completely different at school and at home. The fact that she was giving all the time in her job, she said, tended to make her very selfish and demanding with her family. When she walked through the door, she'd had enough of giving for one day and now wanted to receive.

I think that's what it is with my relative. Her children (grown now) really have no time for her and dislike their mother because of it.

Jealousy can do terrible things with some people

So true. A recent situation has made me have to take a step back and look at myself, and then address the issue with the person concerened and acknowledge that my attitude had been caused by MY emotions, not their actions.

Sometimes you just have to give yourself a good talking-to. I must have seemed very erratic and almost split personality, because I would be perfectly sunny and charming until they said or did something that brought my jealousy to the fore, and then I was a bitch. I'm dealing with it!

You were on a date and your man let other guys jostle you and pull your  hair ?  I presume that relationship died a quick death. 

I would assume this was a "commercial" date. Perhaps Annabelle will explain.

I would assume this was a "commercial" date. Perhaps Annabelle will explain.

Thats nearly worse !

It was just a first date that indeed went wrong due to his personality, insecurity and not being able to treat me with respect.  Unfortunately most of my dates seem to be like that even if the guy is much older.  Is either some girls pulling my hair for no reason or even putting pegs in my hair and running away or others stealing my just ordered cocktail.  

I remember I went out with a guy to a very romantic restaurant and they put us in the corner near a large table with several couples having a baby asleep near them although the place was almost empty.  Some 20min later this group of loud Slavic girls, sat near us and started talking loudly about their recent trip to Dubai and showing pictures of themselves.  'Business trip first time out of some third world country'?  I thought to myself.  However I could not even hear my date due to the girls' loud speaking.  We had to move tables and the large table near us moved their baby.  If my date was 'more man' that night he could have gotten lucky.  I would have liked to scream back at the girls and maybe slap their faces, but surely my date would have chosen to think is something wrong with me!!!!!!  So I just let him be and went home alone.