jerboa

Pop Ups And Redirecting On Firefox

5 posts in this topic

The other day I started having trouble on Firefox, I keep getting redirected to surveys and other pages, never had this trouble before, I tried looking at my add ons to see If It's something I accidentally added, can't get rid of It!

You probably downloaded some free software recently which are installing lots of crap on your browser by default.

The easiest way: FF, go to Tools, then Add ons, then Extensions. See what is there, and disable it, or better delete it.

If you can't get rid of it: (there is no option or they grayed out), then you can try to Uninstall it in proper way in the Control Panel. Some of the extensions are very persistent and not easy to remove at all. If that is the case, then read this article and see if its helps.

Which exact add on you can not uninstall?

If you're on Windoze, it could be malware.  Do you run things like ad and pop-up blockers? 

I had something similar recently but on IE. Good for ages then all these pop ups and yes, it was something that i'd probably agreed to when installing something else.

As said before, go to control panel and select uninstall then switch to date order to see what you have downloaded recently, they are usually easy to spot then delete it - worked for me anyway and techy is not what I'm known best for ;)

I uninstalled Firefox and downloaded It again, has seem to of solved the problem.