Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SlickWilly

At Last Some Good News From France!

7 posts in this topic

Some common sense from La Belle France!
The National Cosultative Commission On Human Rightsarrow-10x10.png has come out against the madness of increased criminalisation of consenting adults, it's decision is highly influential but non binding though the final debate/proposal (a mixture of senate and Lower house will take place later in the year!
TBH France has been traditionally a punting black spot with most of the currentarrow-10x10.png day trade street based with African immigrants, which does not seem to be a good thing!
Ironically, an ex sex worker who became an MP pressed for the laws to be changed to criminalise prostitution in the 60s re making brothels illegal! Something she later admitted was wrong on her part but to late for sex workers and clients! Of coursearrow-10x10.png part of the issue was many female sex workers would have been viewed as collaborators during the war for dealing with German Soldiers!

Original article

http://www.metronews.fr/info/prostit...w!k0HoAsYxhi8/

Google Translate- 

The government disavowed by the Nationalarrow-10x10.png Consultative Commission on Human Rights ( CNCDH ) . The institution is indeed considered this law championed by Najat Belkacem-Vallaud , which seeks to punish " the purchase of sexual acts ." According to our information , confirmed Friday to the NCCHR , it will make Monday a negative opinion on the law.

After heated debate , the law for " the struggle against thearrow-10x10.png system of prostitution " was finally adopted by the National Assembly on 4 December. CNCDH responsible to inform the action of the government or Parliament in the field of human rights , self- seized of the matter was . She auditioned many actors in the field ( LDH , Doctor of the world , Aids ... ) "in order to collect the different positions on this issue." And finally disown a part of law.

Against the criminalization of customers

Its opinion, which will be released Monday , outlines three-point position of the committee:

> Stressing the legal aspect of the " chosen prostitution ," it is against the criminalization of the client.

> It calls for greater access to legal prostitutes.

> For the victims of trafficking and exploitation , she wants the strengthening of the penal system and support .

If this poll garnered a clear majority , the positions of members of the committee were not unanimous. 20 members have indeed expressed against this text , 16 , and 4 abstained. "Usually votes on opinions are much less tight ," says a member of the NCCHR .

However, the review remains advisory and senators as members can not be ignored . " Our voice carries weight , we often heard ," said the commission. The different associations are sure to remind the legislator. Meanwhile, the lawarrow-10x10.pngshould not be discussed at the Palais du Luxembourg until September or October.

TRES BIEN!

1 person likes this

France, beautiful country and land of contradictions... Finally they take the debate up a level. I'm pround of my fellow frenchmen ! :)

1 person likes this

Excellent.  :)

The French have always taken a pragmatic view of the world. You only have to look at the way they have made the EU suit their purposes to see that.

When I read the title of this thread I was expecting something about this year's wine being either vintage, cheap or, better still, both.  

Oh well - can't be right more than 95% of the time  :wacko:

France, beautiful country and land of contradictions... Finally they take the debate up a level. I'm pround of my fellow frenchmen ! :)

Is French Belle a man?? I think we should be told!!

Oops :blink: No, 100% XX , Sir ! :lol:

Edited by French Belle