Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deleted user 74388

Hiv Testing

14 posts in this topic

How many of you guys and girls have had a test? and if you have, is it something you do every few months?

I've never done bareback with a wg, or a one night stand for that matter, so I would (perhaps wrongly) see myself in the low risk category. However, I regularly receive owo and give ro. Whilst I know the chances of contracting the virus are slim from oral, they are not zero. I also have no idea of the history of many of the girls I visit (not meant disrespectfully), nor their other clients. So there is still a fair amount of risk involved, no matter how safe I believe I am.

Do any agencies require girls to have tests?

Think that it is recommended to get checked at the GUM clinic very three months if you are a regular punter, this will include a test for HIV.

Irrespective of what I'm told with regards wg's being tested, the only way to be certain is get checked and being responsible for your own wellbeing.

I've told the clinic I see wg's, and just in case when I went for my first check up I told them a condom had broken just so I was sure I got tested for everything! Have been a couple of times since, but always get the full range of checks. I've also had the Hep B jabs.

I last went in February and although I've only seen one new wg since but had quite a few repeat bookings, it's about time I went again.

Number of working girls in Milton Keynes = Lots.....and then some

Number of GUM clinincs in Milton Keynes = None

Bah, new town planning sucks.

Number of working girls in Milton Keynes = Lots.....and then some

Number of GUM clinincs in Milton Keynes = None

Bah, new town planning sucks.

Are you absolutely certain of that?

Are you absolutely certain of that?

Only as certain as google.

Yes do get tested a couple of times a year.  OWO is low risk for HIV but more likely catch chlaymida I believe!    Try to go with oral with but have done OWO with reg lady and another lady.  Tried to stop OWO but it isn't the same with a condom!  Will perhaps have to stick to OW as in the long run not worth the risk.  Always had negative results.  They asked me if I go with girls from other countries?  No I do stick to British girls and they said I was low risk   but don't know why they asked the question?  Anyone know?  I don't do bareback, anal, watersports, rimming, etc etc so would hope to be a safe bet for any nice healthy wg!   

HIV is supposedly more common in certain other countries, that is why they ask however sticking to British women and not participating in the activities described doesn't make you immune if you do encounter it but the things you do do do carry a much lower risk. They however don't know whether you tell the truth who who else you sleep with so should still apply they same precautions as they do with anyone else.

Many white British men think they are 'safe' and I think that can make for a bit of complacency and ignorance, although you sound like you get yourself in the know.

The above website was found by simply googling 'sexual health MK'. I simply didn't believe there wasn't a single sexual health service in that area.

Edited by Strawberry

HIV is supposedly more common in certain other countries, that is why they ask however sticking to British women and not participating in the activities described doesn't make you immune if you do encounter it but the things you do do do carry a much lower risk. They however don't know whether you tell the truth who who else you sleep with so should still apply they same precautions as they do with anyone else.

Many white British men think they are 'safe' and I think that can make for a bit of complacency and ignorance, although you sound like you get yourself in the know.

The above website was found by simply googling 'sexual health MK'. I simply didn't believe there wasn't a single sexual health service in that area.

I would guess that googling "sexual health" for any area would be useful.. That's good advice, Strawberry.

http://www.sexualhealthmk.co.uk/where-to-go/location-finder/

Looks like there's a few places that operate a sexual health service, they just aren't calling themselves 'GUM' for example here;

http://www.sexualhealthmk.co.uk/vc-providers/broughton-gate-health-centre/

For those punters and service providers who live in, work in or frequent central London, the NHS has recently opened a wonderful new sexual health screening clinic in Soho called 'Dean Street Express' for those who have no apparent symptoms but want to monitor their sexual health regularly.  It is extremely fast (results of tests SMSed to you within six hours) and highly efficient.  No appointments, no paperwork (just a touch screen questionnaire).  Best of all, no endless sitting around in a crowded room full of worried-looking people, waiting for your number to be called.  I was there less than a half hour, in toto.

http://www.chelwest.nhs.uk/services/hiv-sexual-health/clinics/dean-street-express

The nearby 56 Dean Street clinic nearby continues to provide more comprehensive service to those who DO have symptoms and/or have been diagnosed and receive treatment there, but 34 Dean Street is wonderful (and the nurse who interviewed me and drew blood for testing what an absolute 'stunna')!

Edited by Tiggy 7

Please don't only worry about HIV - it's the most well-known STI, but not the most common. Both Chlamydia and Syphilis can be transmitted via oral sex, and you don't want those either. Although levels of STI's in sex workers tend to be lower than in the general population (after all, that's their work), it's definitely recommended to get regular full check ups. Regular means every 3 months if you have multiple partners, and of course about 2 weeks after any  unprotected sex or slipped/broken condom.

I don't know if agencies require sexual health checks (independent girl here), but since my sexual health is essential to me being able to work, I can't imagine any girl not getting regular check ups!