Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Softee

My Secret Diary

17 posts in this topic

I've been keeping a diary of my punts plus related stuff for over 5 years.  I have a secret email address for this. If I was more of a literary person I might be tempted to turn it into a book and publish it rather like, what's her name - Belle de Jour.

I wonder if anyone else keeps a diary.  I bet some of the ladies do as they tend to like writing loads & loads unlike us lazy boys!

If anyone has any ideas what I can do with my diary...........  No that's inviting rude suggestions! 

I do keep a private note of the girl I've seen and the date but that's about it plus maybe a comment if she was mediocre or bad. I tend to remember the good punts.

1 person likes this

ive also thought about writing about my early days punting round soho and sheperds market... loads of good material there...

its not that unusual... there are blogs out there...

put into a blog...

I've been keeping a diary of my punts plus related stuff for over 5 years.  I have a secret email address for this. If I was more of a literary person I might be tempted to turn it into a book and publish it rather like, what's her name - Belle de Jour.

I wonder if anyone else keeps a diary.  I bet some of the ladies do as they tend to like writing loads & loads unlike us lazy boys!

If anyone has any ideas what I can do with my diary...........  No that's inviting rude suggestions! 

Well you could read this thread and decide whether you would be happy to share the info in your diary with Charlie2014.

I should of course add that before you do such a thing that you should consider all the potential consequences, especially in terms of disclosing small but significant identifying details about yourself, your location, job, age, family situation etc. etc.   Disclosing individual facts may not be too dangerous, but when those facts can bebuilt up into a picture, then you need to be very careful.  It may of course be that your situation does not require that level of privacy etc.

2 people like this

Its not secret anymore now....................................

Its not secret anymore now....................................

Obviously, but it's restricted to this forum.  Derrr!

Well you could read this thread and decide whether you would be happy to share the info in your diary with Charlie2014.

I should of course add that before you do such a thing that you should consider all the potential consequences, especially in terms of disclosing small but significant identifying details about yourself, your location, job, age, family situation etc. etc.   Disclosing individual facts may not be too dangerous, but when those facts can bebuilt up into a picture, then you need to be very careful.  It may of course be that your situation does not require that level of privacy etc.

Thanks I've just sent her a msg.  Could you explain how to do that link from the word 'thread' to her post.

My OH Softee is very very literary. He has written songs, erotic prose and said he would be interested in seeing if the content you have could be put into a book. If your interested in having a chat then let me know.

Thanks I've just sent her a msg.  Could you explain how to do that link from the word 'thread' to her post.

Softee - if you quote the post, the secret of how to get a word to link to something will be revealed... :)

Softee - if you quote the post, the secret of how to get a word to link to something will be revealed... :)

It didn't do it for me! :(

I'll tell you the way I do it, but I'm sure there are others.   Firstly I right click the post or thread I want to link to, i.e. the #7 bit of Softee's post.   I then select properties from the popup dialog box.  That in turn then displays the address (link) to your post.   I highlight that address info and copy that using Ctrl+C.

I then write my reply and mention Softee's post.   When I've written the reply I then double click on the word post (in this instance) to highlight it.   I then click on the strange looking link button on the reply toolbar, I guess it is meant to look like a little bit of chain, and then in the dialog box that appears I paste in, using Ctrl+V, the link to the post.   When I do that, the highlighted text then changes colour and is underlined to show that it is a link.

I hope that all makes sense.   I forget how I learnt how to do it, probably trial and error :o

1 person likes this

Ok, I highlighted the word 'secret' then found that there's an icon above that says 'link' when you hover over it. I clicked on it and a box came up asking for a url.  I think that's a web address so if I copy and paste the url of someone's post will that make the link?

Thanks for the technical help but can I just put that on the back burner for now. 

Let's get back to whether my secret diary can be turned into a book, play or film etc.  And if so, how to go about it.  Someone mentioned blogging but I don't know how to do that and I would have to hide my identity.  I also hope that I could be rewarded financially.  I suppose I could have an initial chat with various publishers. 

Well how about we have an excerpt from it. So that we can see if its worth reading or not. If it reads well, you might be onto something.

1 person likes this

" I should of course add that before you do such a thing that you should consider all the potential consequences, especially in terms of disclosing small but significant identifying details about yourself, your location, job, age, family situation etc. etc.   Disclosing individual facts may not be too dangerous, but when those facts can bebuilt up into a picture, then you need to be very careful.  It may of course be that your situation does not require that level of privacy etc"

yeah i agree and this is what has made me think twice... and you might not mind now but you might one day etc

i even thought about the anti whore brigade and how aggressive they might be one day...

"I also hope that I could be rewarded financially." LOL good luck with that...

"Well how about we have an excerpt from it. So that we can see if its worth reading or not. If it reads well, you might be onto something."

yep... lets see it... right here, right now... write us something good...

Edited by ralhar

Being rewarded financially is trying to 50 shades your hobbie. Not saying it may be as interesting as 50 shades however, without someone to put the ramblings and thought prose into a constructive, relative and imaginative work that has a start, middle and end will just make it ramblings.

A sub context of why you got into punting and how it has reflected in life is important, as is a flow from punt one to punt xxx0001 and the stories in between as to what and how these have honed your skills in the selection, anticipation, excitement and the end glow.

Writing a book is a process, not a hobby perspective insight. It takes a certain either narrative or selected interest worked in the right way to make it ''sell''.

As I said earlier if you would like help to narrate your words into a flow, OH is more than happy to. Dont want payment or any kind of ego boost, (unless it does become 50 shades lol ) just he is really interested in the science behind punting, and we both like reading and writing about sex as well as having it.

1 person likes this

I'm very grateful for all the responses.  Obviously absolute secrecy is paramount and I'm not a computer geek but I do know that every computer can be identified - is it called the IP adress? I don't how much my internet provider can see and even those who administer this forum. 

Oddbloke suggested I post an excerpt which is logical but I will decline for now unless it's by PM.

Thanks for your input and I'd appreciate more PMs with positive offers to help me decide how best to move on.     

1 person likes this