Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coventrypunter

Scrounging Text

32 posts in this topic

just had a txt from a girl in nottm NG2 who advertises on AW, has lots of feedback, including one from 3/6, asking to borrow money.

I last saw her over a year ago.

I have obviously just deleted the txt

but i wondered if it was someone who has her phone.

PM me if you need to know who.

I wouldn't see a wg that asked for a loan.  You should have text back and told her to Wonga off!

Maybe she could ask Iain Duncan Smith for some benefit.I know that a smack in the mouth often offends!

Maybe she could ask Iain Duncan Smith for some benefit.I know that a smack in the mouth often offends!

i dont think there is a need to be nasty to her, especially if she has fallen on hard times.

CP I bet she texted this to every client in her phone. If she has 300 contacts and even just a handful of them fall for it then she is in the money and has not had to do a minutes work for it. How do you know she has even fallen on hard times. How do you know she hasn't just developed a drugs habit or just can't be bothered to work for the money or wants to get herself a nice little lump sum then disappear from the scene never to be traced again. Its out of order. True there is no need to be nasty but dont assume you are getting the truth in a sob story either.

1 person likes this

It would be bad form to send an open request for money to all and sundry...anyway could anyone lend me a fiver please!!!

1 person likes this

It would be bad form to send an open request for money to all and sundry...anyway could anyone lend me a fiver please!!!

I can, but can I borrow tenner please  :cool:

1 person likes this

It is easy to get sucked in. I helped a friend about ten years ago by offering to pay for her professional newspaper so she could job hunt. She was unemployed at the time. I ended up paying that subscription for five years!

Its good to help people but the above appears to have sent a random text to probably more than one person in the hope someone would get sucked in...

I have lent large amounts and mostly have been repaid but some others have hit genuine hardship in life so its a difficult balancing act on who you give to (or would like to give to)...

Its good to help people but the above appears to have sent a random text to probably more than one person in the hope someone would get sucked in...

I have lent large amounts and mostly have been repaid but some others have hit genuine hardship in life so its a difficult balancing act on who you give to (or would like to give to)...

and that's why the ladies call you Hero . 

and that's why the ladies call you Hero . 

In shining armour :D

Lol...although i have lent money to some ladies i was referring mainly to the world outside punting...

They may start with calling me hero but after my bedroom shananinghans it quickly becomes zero haha...

Lol...although i have lent money to some ladies i was referring mainly to the world outside punting...

They may start with calling me hero but after my bedroom shananinghans it quickly becomes zero haha...

I just can't believe that :P  Improve your self confidence, mon cher !

I'm a washed up alcoholic bum...lol

Madam French, you will soon get used to my childish schoolboy humour...haha

just had a txt from a girl in nottm NG2 who advertises on AW, has lots of feedback, including one from 3/6, asking to borrow money.

Cov if I PM you can I have your number too????????  :ph34r::lol:

CP I bet she texted this to every client in her phone. If she has 300 contacts and even just a handful of them fall for it then she is in the money and has not had to do a minutes work for it. How do you know she has even fallen on hard times. How do you know she hasn't just developed a drugs habit or just can't be bothered to work for the money or wants to get herself a nice little lump sum then disappear from the scene never to be traced again. Its out of order. True there is no need to be nasty but dont assume you are getting the truth in a sob story either.

i would not lend her any money.  but some of the comments have been nasty, which is unnecessary.

i dont think there is a need to be nasty to her, especially if she has fallen on hard times.

No you miss-understand me CP.If she asked IDS for benefit he'd not like it very much!

That is quite unprofessional of her.

I doubt someone was using her phone.

I wonder how many punters have actually lent money this way by first getting a text? And what happened?

Send her a tenner then if you are that concerned CP

Send her a tenner then if you are that concerned CP

would that be called a donation or contribution?

What would you think if your plumber or your mechanic sent you a text asking to borrow money..you would be gobsmacked. I don't think anyone has been too harsh, its bloody cheeky end of story.

1 person likes this

Some people do fall on genuine hard times...but its difficult to know...a friend wanted to borrow some money and i knew from the moment i saw him that something was up...everytime we were away from the group he would say "hero, can i ask you a favour please" but never went further with the conversation until the end of the night...

I can put her in touch with someone in Nigeria who can fix all her financial problems and leave her with more money than she'll ever need.

I can put her in touch with someone in Nigeria who can fix all her financial problems and leave her with more money than she'll ever need.

If they can't help I know of some 100% genuine people who work officially for the official government bank in Burkino Faso who happened to stumble upon Saddam Hussiens buried gold whilst on official business.