Guest Xenia

Way to many nameless moderators here...

9 posts in this topic

We have now: Mystery Moderator, Phantom moderator, Anonomoys Moderator.

I personally think that proper nicks of the mods should be in the open, unless those above mods does not contribute under theirs other handles which I doubt. And if they don't, then they should not be moderators!

There is after all: Jkay, Ghenghis, Vicar who are mods and who are moding as well as contributing by theirs handle and not hiding under any faceless nick of the "moderator".

What do you think?

Put yourselves up for the job then if you don't like it??? :o I don't think your opinion will count for jack in this instance, it's not a democracy is it? And come on apart from the wg's on the forum, all the posters are faceless, we don't have a faackin clue really who anyone is unless they book you and reveal themselves.

We have now: Mystery Moderator, Phantom moderator, Anonomoys Moderator.

I personally think that proper nicks of the mods should be in the open, unless those above mods does not contribute under theirs other handles which I doubt. And if they don't, then they should not be moderators!

There is after all: Jkay, Ghenghis, Vicar who are mods and who are moding as well as contributing by theirs handle and not hiding under any faceless nick of the "moderator".

What do you think?

Agreed, we should know who we are dealing with.

Put yourselves up for the job then if you don't like it??? :o I don't think your opinion will count for jack in this instance, it's not a democracy is it? And come on apart from the wg's on the forum, all the posters are faceless, we don't have a faackin clue really who anyone is unless they book you and reveal themselves.

do mods apply for the job or do they just emerge like alec douglas hume did when macmillan retired?

do mods apply for the job or do they just emerge like alec douglas hume did when macmillan retired?

No idea whatsoever.

Put yourselves up for the job then if you don't like it??? :o

I did not said, that I don't like it, Olivia. Just because I am raising discussion about it, does not mean I give a jack shit about it.

I don't think your opinion will count for jack in this instance, it's not a democracy is it?

No it does not, so is nobody else for that matter. As I said above: its merely only a discussion.

And come on apart from the wg's on the forum, all the posters are faceless, we don't have a faackin clue really who anyone is unless they book you and reveal themselves.

Not exactly. Of course Vicar is not a Vicar, and Ghenghis not a slitty eyed fat Mongolian who rode the horse half of his weight and he and his cronies and offsprings shagged most of the female population of Eastern Europe for 300 years. Thats not the point!

I don't think that Moderators (under mod nick) should be there just to mod the forum. They are certainly were posting (or still posting) under another nick. Why not continue to do so, but on the original handle with a mod status. At least that way, we might know a bit about them, or at least based on theirs input. If they was not a members of the forum originally, and did not contributed before, then suddenly become moderators, then I am sure any community would disapprove.

......and Ghenghis not a slitty eyed fat Mongolian who rode the horse half of his weight and he and his cronies shagged most of the female population of Eastern Europe for 300 years.....

You sure about that?:o

A couple of points before I close this thread :o

The scope of the "job" of a moderator is huge. The bits that are apparent to a normal poster covers a mere fraction of what is involved, and don't expect me to go into all the details because I'm not. I do feel that this is really a bit of a fuss about nothing.

If something nasty happens, i.e. your post disappears (is deleted by a mod), or you get an infraction for being naughty, then the chances are that it will have been dished out by myself, JKay, or Ghenghis. In those circumstances, you know who to take it up with (in a polite and civil manner of course :D)

As a final point, I know the anonymous mods, and I'm happy to vouch for their integrity; again, I'm not going to discuss their identity any further than that.