lancelot

Involuntary Awol Taking Its Toll

124 posts in this topic

I reprted a few months ago that a change in some circumstances meant me being deprived of my regular punting opportunity ( a free 3 hour a week slot in a handy punting location - St Albans )

I shook it off at the time and saw the positive side of things - saved money - no threat of discovery (as no crime)

but a few months on and it is taking its toll - just knowing I had that weekly chance even if I did not use it was re-assuring - like a get out of jail card or something like that

I now get a chance once every 2 months - and a far more risky 90 minute slot every couple of weeks - very risky - that I dare not use just yet.

can anyone relate to any of this? How would it affect you if you lost your freedom to pay up now and then?

If go more than a couple of weeks without I find it very difficult to concentrate on anything.

Lancelot I think you have mentioned on here before............. the fact that you can not escape very much to do your thing......

I can not understand how you or anyone is on such a tight reign.......  it must be claustrophobic?

No freedom to go and browse in a library for a couple of hours?  A trip out to the DIY store?  any number of other opportunities to have time to yourself.... which would afford you the time to visit a wg.

With women it is easy.................. we just say   

" I am off out shopping.... see you in a few hours"   ;)

I'm fortunate because I'm retired but my OH still works. But also, my genuine hobbies provide me with additional pretexts/alibis.  So my advice (I think it's been mentioned before) is to take up an activity - not something random as that would be suspicious but something you are already interested in. 

You also mentioned that your wife is still gorgeous and loves you to bits, can't you just have a few more home goals instead. It would scratch that itch. 

1 person likes this

Spunds like your wife has you on a very tight leash lancelot. Is she just naturally clingy or has she grounds for wanting to keep an eye on you. I would not be able to stand being under such tight scrutiny. I have always cultivated hobbies that get me out of the house and couldn't imagine having to account for a 3 hour window in my week. It must be very wearing. Perhaps it is time to take up "golf" or somesuch ?

or just tell her straight that you want some time to yourself for a change. If you can't be honest about how you dislike being so restricted then what can you be

1 person likes this

I think you like to be under the thumb , in the same way some of us like to be under the stiletto heel .

1 person likes this

We have been through all this with the op before..................

if he does not get his finger out (or should that be "in") soon...............

there may well be a case of penile dementia..................

:wacko:

We have been through all this with the op before..................

if he does not get his finger out (or should that be "in") soon...............

there may well be a case of penile dementia..................

:wacko:

Wow pn works well with blackberry great so I can spread some gloom on pn while I am mobile

Thanks for all your understanding replies! It reall picked my mood up!

2 people like this

I think you like to be under the thumb , in the same way some of us like to be under the stiletto heel .

Great one but no so - the only torture I enjoy is being paddled over the knee of a nymph in fishnets and red corset thankyou

Lancy what would actually happen if you just came out with it and said you were going for a long walk to enjoy the weather alone? Or that you were going for a drive and also to pop in and see an old friend? Would you come home to divorce papers? Would your wife return to Russia with your child? Or would you have a huffy wife who shouted at you a bit? What would the actual ramifications be for you? x

Edited by Chloe Kisses

Lancy what would actually happen if you just came out with it and said you were going for a long walk to enjoy the weather alone? Or that you were going for a drive and also to pop in and see an old friend? Would you come home to divorce papers? Would your wife return to Russia with your child? Or would you have a huffy wife who shouted at you a bit? What would the actual ramifications be for you? x

that is a very well articulated question and one which I would have to draw the line at answering. All I can say is have you seen a film called fatal attraction?

that is a very well articulated question and one which I would have to draw the line at answering. All I can say is have you seen a film called fatal attraction?

Flippin Nora....... you must be one fanciable guy............... or your other half a sad manic nightmare of a woman......

now which is it?

How can he go on a long walk when his chain is only 4 meters long  ?   He can't take the car out as his wife has the keys to the garage  . How can he have any friends when he's not allowed to use the phone  .

Bloody hell  :unsure: x

How can he go on a long walk when his chain is only 4 meters long  ?   He can't take the car out as his wife has the keys to the garage  . How can he have any friends when he's not allowed to use the phone  .

It was a serious question WP. Its not the first time Lancy has mentioned this problem of not having any space to himself. 

Jeeez, Lancelot, sorry to be personal but your marriage sounds dreadful. Why do people put up with awful relationships? You only get one life.

Jeeez, Lancelot, sorry to be personal but your marriage sounds dreadful. Why do people put up with awful relationships? You only get one life.

Because you fear that the alternative is living out your last years in a bedsit, your wife and lawyers having fleeced you, and your children hating you for splitting up.

Freedom and self-respect is more important than all that. Ultimately we all die alone.

Freedom and self-respect is more important than all that. Ultimately we all die alone.

I have to agree here but I guess it depends on what your reality is and what the consequences are for you and your children. You may end up worse off and far unhappier.

Sounds like me about 20 years ago! Edited by Burty

Because you fear that the alternative is living out your last years in a bedsit, your wife and lawyers having fleeced you, and your children hating you for splitting up.

I could handle life alone in a bedsit.

Lancelot I think you have mentioned on here before............. the fact that you can not escape very much to do your thing......

I can not understand how you or anyone is on such a tight reign.......  it must be claustrophobic?

No freedom to go and browse in a library for a couple of hours?  A trip out to the DIY store?  any number of other opportunities to have time to yourself.... which would afford you the time to visit a wg.

With women it is easy.................. we just say   

" I am off out shopping.... see you in a few hours"   ;)

ha ha - that's funny - a bullet would hit me in the back of the head before I got into the car