dick78

Indy - v - Agency

18 posts in this topic

Have only ever had the pleasure of independent ladies and I assumed that this was the norm (for no logical reason) but looking at the reviews, probably 75%+ are for ladies working through agencies. Two questions then; Do we prefer to book through an agency in preference to indies or do we not give indies reviews in the way that we might an agency lady? If yes or no to either or both, why?

Always booked indies as there is a little less of the commercial side about it and the pre meeting conversation can establish some kind of rapport whereas, I think, ringing the agency and asking to book Betty at 7.30 on the 15th is a bit too much like ringing KwikFit and asking if they've got some 285/30/18 Michelin Sport Cups. (Tyres in case.....)

I have written one review only and it was well received by the lady in question but on reading it a month later, I felt a real twat and took it down again. The thought that I had possibly caused some offence also came into it, as did an odd sense of grassing. Would I have felt like this had I gone through an agency? Don't know; that's why I'm asking.

I agree talking to the lady direct rather than an agency felt so much better for me. Yesterday I had my first ever punt and it went a dream as felt less commercial.

Booking with an Agency does not mean you will have a diminished experience. I work both as Indie and through an Agent. Anyways phoning an Indie does not 100% guarantee you will talk to the lady herself... sometimes they will get a friend to answer phone if they are busy or employ a receptionist. I think it comes down to you chaps just putting a bit of shine on it to make yourselves feel better from what I have read from the 2 previous posts here.

I didn't think that the actual meeting would be better or worse whichever way I went but talking to the lady in question is quite helpful and informative . I guess that I'm the kind of chap who likes to see what I'm buyingrather than buying sight unseen over the net. Mind you, the whole thing puts internet shopping on a new level anyway It just fascinates me that there is this huge imbalance in the reviews and I wonder why. I certainly wouldn't rule out an agency booking in the future but I must say that I have been very lucky with the ladies I have met to date

Talking directly to the lady gives an opportunity for any alarm bells to ring. I've never used an Agency and can see no advantage in doing so.

Have only ever had the pleasure of independent ladies and I assumed that this was the norm (for no logical reason) but looking at the reviews, probably 75%+ are for ladies working through agencies. Two questions then; Do we prefer to book through an agency in preference to indies or do we not give indies reviews in the way that we might an agency lady? If yes or no to either or both, why?

Always booked indies as there is a little less of the commercial side about it and the pre meeting conversation can establish some kind of rapport whereas, I think, ringing the agency and asking to book Betty at 7.30 on the 15th is a bit too much like ringing KwikFit and asking if they've got some 285/30/18 Michelin Sport Cups. (Tyres in case.....)

I have written one review only and it was well received by the lady in question but on reading it a month later, I felt a real twat and took it down again. The thought that I had possibly caused some offence also came into it, as did an odd sense of grassing. Would I have felt like this had I gone through an agency? Don't know; that's why I'm asking.

I dont use Agencies as opposed to Parlours, due to being lied to a lot in the past and knowing many punters who have also been lied to. From being a member here i know some Agencies are honest from talking to other punters, but i will be sticking to Indies which generally offer me what i am looking for, a lady with a good to excellent attitude, the services i require and is looks wise what i want, at a rate i am happy to pay.

Your point about having an odd sense of grassing is not something i feel. When i was doing FRs it was to share information with other punters. Most ladies in my experience have never heard of Pnet so wouldnt be aware you did an FR unless you told her, which IMO some punters do and some dont.

Talking directly to the lady gives an opportunity for any alarm bells to ring. I've never used an Agency and can see no advantage in doing so.

I have in the past and saw no advantage, in fact it was a disadvantage in my experiences.:confused:

Like Olivia, I started off doing agency work. Girl I know, parlour was the gateway to indiedom.

My experience, a big difference in service from the May Test version and the May Patent Pending version. No offence to any girl who has her own punting style, parlour, agency, indie or mixture of all of it - I'm still settling on refining my own that works for me, that fits personal life cirmcumstances.

Agency #1: Run by very nice woman, who trusted us girls sufficiently to give us the phone number of the client straight off, telling us to ring him to see if we clicked. If he started seeing us regularly, she'd go, sod it, deal with it amongst yourselves now. Sadly, agency traffic very low. Parted on good terms, but me, in for a penny, in for a pound. Didn't want my pics up on more than one agency site, so;

Agency #2: Very, very tight ship at first; lots of traffic when the original management I knew was there. So tight, agency incall flats arranged, clock on the wall...never wanted to be caught looking at my watch in the middle of a BJ or squinting at the clock, so timed a CD I had which was always playing so I'd keep track of time that way. By a certain song, I knew I had to hurry things along. Otherwise agency miffed that I'd perhaps given a freebie/charged for one and no commission...or the people running the "incall" would charge me extra for the extra room time as rooms needed in quick rotation sometimes.

Fifteen minutes over shagging or a client taking a long shower, I'd get charged half the room hourly rate. And agency commission to pay on top of that. Get down to business as fast as poss, always felt rushed.

Conveyor belt depression ensued, I was the same boring May with clients much of a muchness, just different punters with erect penises in the room. Took a bit of a break...and discovered AWank.

The punting demographic in here, parlours/agencies convenient for a lot of guys, they can drop in spur of the moment, not too much admin/email/no phone not being answered - and if plan A off duty, plan B just a few steps away.

As for the FR discrepancy...putting my "Punter with Penis" thinking cap on, I'd find it a bit difficult giving a blow by blow account with someone who gave a more "personal" service and I spent a lot of time with outside of the room. Guys I would imagine would more likely mention their glorious one night stand with this amaaaazing goer to their peers, than the time they had with a girl they got to know.

Yes, I know it's all punting, but all brought up with codes that still have their hold over us in the punting pond.

More prosaically, tons and tons of agencies out there, tons of indies too, yes, but I didn't pop up on here until I had the guts to stick my head out of AWank ranks and build my own site. Agencies I found much more anonymous, I saw a lot more clients in a week, hence more exposure.

You only have to look at the numerous posts on here about agencies and how they sent a different girl, not dressed as requested and wasn't aware of or completely ignored what you have stipulated.

Now before anyone jumps down my throat, I am aware that can happen after speaking to a WG direct. a piss poor one.

But there is definitely an advantage to being able to speak to the person in question. We ladies have to rely on it after all.

Like Olivia, I started off doing agency work. Girl I know, parlour was the gateway to indiedom.

My experience, a big difference in service from the May Test version and the May Patent Pending version. No offence to any girl who has her own punting style, parlour, agency, indie or mixture of all of it - I'm still settling on refining my own that works for me, that fits personal life cirmcumstances.

Agency #1: Run by very nice woman, who trusted us girls sufficiently to give us the phone number of the client straight off, telling us to ring him to see if we clicked. If he started seeing us regularly, she'd go, sod it, deal with it amongst yourselves now. Sadly, agency traffic very low. Parted on good terms, but me, in for a penny, in for a pound. Didn't want my pics up on more than one agency site, so;

Agency #2: Very, very tight ship at first; lots of traffic when the original management I knew was there. So tight, agency incall flats arranged, clock on the wall...never wanted to be caught looking at my watch in the middle of a BJ or squinting at the clock, so timed a CD I had which was always playing so I'd keep track of time that way. By a certain song, I knew I had to hurry things along. Otherwise agency miffed that I'd perhaps given a freebie/charged for one and no commission...or the people running the "incall" would charge me extra for the extra room time as rooms needed in quick rotation sometimes.

Fifteen minutes over shagging or a client taking a long shower, I'd get charged half the room hourly rate. And agency commission to pay on top of that. Get down to business as fast as poss, always felt rushed.

Conveyor belt depression ensued, I was the same boring May with clients much of a muchness, just different punters with erect penises in the room. Took a bit of a break...and discovered AWank.

The punting demographic in here, parlours/agencies convenient for a lot of guys, they can drop in spur of the moment, not too much admin/email/no phone not being answered - and if plan A off duty, plan B just a few steps away.

As for the FR discrepancy...putting my "Punter with Penis" thinking cap on, I'd find it a bit difficult giving a blow by blow account with someone who gave a more "personal" service and I spent a lot of time with outside of the room. Guys I would imagine would more likely mention their glorious one night stand with this amaaaazing goer to their peers, than the time they had with a girl they got to know.

Yes, I know it's all punting, but all brought up with codes that still have their hold over us in the punting pond.

More prosaically, tons and tons of agencies out there, tons of indies too, yes, but I didn't pop up on here until I had the guts to stick my head out of AWank ranks and build my own site. Agencies I found much more anonymous, I saw a lot more clients in a week, hence more exposure.

Interesting and useful insight May.:confused:

Didn't mean to open cans of worms here but merely to explore intriguing, to me, situation. Not suggesting either that agencies rip people off or that all indies are saints. Just trying to understand the difference in the very bare stats I see.

May, you make the point perfectly, about the reviews. Anything you say is going to get your card marked and that could well get in the way of getting to know them better.

And maybe this is what I don't get - what is the demographic? No way could I just feel like a shag and walk in off the street for a quick one. Doesn't work in my head but I know it does for lots of men. I need a little bit more than a stirring in the loins me, something between the ears too, however misguided that may seem.

I think it all depends on the agency,as may stated,they vary vastly. Personally i prefer to work for an agency as the bookings come in regularly and you dont have any of the hassle of expenses of an indie. I do outcalls independently but am beginning to wonder how the 100% independent ladies manage to cope as i am constantly getting rakes of emails which hardly ever materialise into a booking. I have found that an independent booking is also far more likely to just not bother showing up or cancel at the last minute than a booking made through the parlour i work from.:confused::confused:

And maybe this is what I don't get - what is the demographic? No way could I just feel like a shag and walk in off the street for a quick one. Doesn't work in my head but I know it does for lots of men. I need a little bit more than a stirring in the loins me, something between the ears too, however misguided that may seem.

Poll, someone? I know people will say this has been done to death...and in a forum, where a lot of people like in other forums are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that a 5mm span wingnut is much superior to a 6mm span wingnut for affixing a cog on your replica Babbage machine...

...less a can of worms, more open popcorn now!

Try an agency, try a parlour, try an indie, a 30min, an hour...a skinny minnie, a BBW; if the first experience is sh*t, put it down to bad luck, put up an FR at least saying your first attempt. Be honest about being unfamiliar with terrain so not an expert on form, but at least other new adventure seekers can take note), and seek more recommendations.

I'm going to be experimenting with a forum banned topic soon that starts with T and ends in S, wish a few first timers using them had FRs up. Unless you inherently know that a certain category not for you - I'd be awful in a parlour - try.

What saddens me a bit is that on here the 5mm WGnut fans and the 5mm WGnuts, the 6mm WGnut fans and the 6mm WGnuts may start bashing each other soon...each to their own formats and "WG types".

I think it all depends on the agency,as may stated,they vary vastly. Personally i prefer to work for an agency as the bookings come in regularly and you dont have any of the hassle of expenses of an indie. I do outcalls independently but am beginning to wonder how the 100% independent ladies manage to cope as i am constantly getting rakes of emails which hardly ever materialise into a booking. I have found that an independent booking is also far more likely to just not bother showing up or cancel at the last minute than a booking made through the parlour i work from.:confused::confused:

Also I've had people here make a booking then not follow it through as the didn't like the fact I would be using HOD indie flat for the appointment... they would not meet anyone else and be dealing with me directly but hey ho they cancelled. I use the HOD apartment for personal Clients as it is convenient, safe, super facilities and I don't have the hassle of renting another property for work purposes. I have had my own working flats before and they were more stress than benefit as working from my own home is not an option for me.

Poll, someone? I know people will say this has been done to death...and in a forum, where a lot of people like in other forums are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that a 5mm span wingnut is much superior to a 6mm span wingnut for affixing a cog on your replica Babbage machine...

What saddens me a bit is that on here the 5mm WGnut fans and the 5mm WGnuts, the 6mm WGnut fans and the 6mm WGnuts may start bashing each other soon...each to their own formats and "WG types".

5mm or 9/32nds - doesn't matter to me as long as it works. As I said at the beginning, not a which is best post but just curious as to what underlies punters' decisions and certainly not out to cause a fight - too new here for that. The pattern emerging is that the agencies can be more convenient, so perhaps attract more punters, so more punters = more reviews. Indies maybe see fewer clients, have maybe different longer term stuff (easier to keep a client than get new one etc), different kind of working relationship = fewer reviews.

Edited by rlw
punctuation was crap

I prefer to use agencies when I'm in the UK and Independents when in the US. The agencies generally are much more efficient and proper in the UK it seems.

I think it all depends on what suits. I'm quite comfortable taking incalls with an agency, as the girls have already said, it is less hassle then renting etc,..

and I do like the company of other girls. I would not work from home, so it is good/suits me.

I do indy with a couple of regular guy's that I see- this is totally different as there is no time limit so to speak and a bit more flexible.

I sometimes use agencies, but, as my preference is for the more mature lady, there isn't much choice, and I tend to use only the two I trust - Judys and Vintage Vamps.

I do supplement this with indies, either recommended in FRs here, or from @w**k. You have to keep you wits about you, and I have rarely been disappointed (see my post on the Removed myself from @dultwork thread).

And there are occasions when I think "what the hell", and go for someone who sounds interesting. It's a risk we all have to take from time to time, and can reap splendid rewards :D