Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
booblover89

Summer Allergies

5 posts in this topic

I had a quick look to see if this had been discussed before but I couldn't find anything. Feel free to link me if I just missed it.

I imagine there are a fair few other people with the same problem, I don't know how bad everyone else gets it but I suffer pretty badly with hay fever, always have.

Its the summer, the weather is finally steadily hot, all those gorgeous girls are going out with increasingly more revealing clothes and the urge very quickly builds up for a steamy hot punt.

But then your hay fever decides to turn you into snivvling, disgusting, puffy eyed mess and you lose your mojo and lets face it, no wg is going to want to kiss you when your eyes make you look like a crack addict and your sniffing between kisses. the worst part is that my hay fever is ALWAYS over my birthday just when i'm looking for a special "treat"

My question is does anybody else worry about this or do you just go ahead and book a punt and see how you feel on the day?

Does anybody have any magical remmedies that keep you from being a mess for an hour?

Or, do you just go cold turkey for a month or two untill its gone?

well I find hosing down outside the house helps a lot.  It must wash the pollen away

and wiping round the house with a damp cloth.  People say keeping the windows closed certain parts of the day helps.

there are pills you can take but they all send me to sleep so thats a no.

find one of those nasal sprays you squirt up your nose that works for you. sorry, ts different for everyone so its experiment time.

i find soluble aspirin gargles helps with the tickley throat, and the aspirin depresses all the symptoms.

friend has a spray that washes out her nasal passages with saline water helps -washes away the allergens.

and drinking very cold water helps with an irritated throat.

they also say undressing in the bedroom is a bad idea as all the pollen on your clothes then gets in the bedroom.  Undress in the bathroom. (This is a bedtime thing, not for punting)  Also wash or rinse your hair to remove the pollen before bedtime.

hope that helps.

Taking Loratadine for 3-4 days always helps me.  Maybe he should wear a surgical mask the way people in SE Asia do: is so normal there.

Rub Vaseline on the outsides of your nostrils, it traps the pollen and stops you inhaling it. You don't need much, so only those who get up close would notice it. And just before you knock at the lovely lady's door you can simply wipe it off.

I am eternally grateful for not having hayfever.  As for women and what they wear in warmer weather, in the UK it is a mixture of those that arouse and those that are very off-putting.