Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hytheguy

Bangkok Or Pattaya

8 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of taking a trip to Thailand, just wanted people's opinion on which is best Bangkok or Pattaya. I'm not to bothered about going out every night and getting wasted, but will be having a few nights out. I did go to Pattaya a few years back and enjoyed myself just wanted to know if anyone had any opinions about Thailand or anywhere else in Asia that might be good

i've been to both, and it depends on what you want to do with your holiday really, if you want to punt twice a day every day then Pattaya is your place, up to you if you want to drink or not while doing it, but i appreciate the temptation to drink is pretty strong.

of course you can do all that in bangkok but it will cost you more over your holiday as a whole, but there is a few more cultural options there if that is what you like.

personally i liked hong kong and macau for holidays with a bit of p4p fun, but on overall price they just cant compete with thailand.

Try looking at the Rest of the World board (rather than this UK/Ireland one).

There are numerous threads on there about Thailand, some of them highly entertaining.

The two places are very near , about 2 hours to get from one to the other , so you can do both .

BKK has the better quality girls but more expensive .

Pattaya has cheaper girls mostly isaan and more available  and you have the advantage of being at the beach .  The amount of girls coming at you on Soi 6 now is frightening .  Also if you're interested Pattaya has more LB  in my opinion 

Bangkok is a huge, widely spread city with lots to see and do, both culture and adult entertainment.  People there vary from mostly local office workers, to backpackers and all types of holiday makers.  There are a couple of areas dedicated to gogo bars and P4P.  Many massage joints spread around.  Some soapies.  Quite a few nightlcubs where you can pick up freelancers.

Pattaya is a small fishing town by a tiny beach which is filthy.  There are more Russians than Thai and everwhere else.  Lots of retired expats.   Soi 6 is a street of 'short time' bars with rooms upstairs.  A couple of soapies dotted around too.  The main strip is about 1km long with a mix of shops, bars, restaurants and gogo bars.   

The girls are more 'hollywood' in Bangkok.  They speak better english, have more money, and are classier.  The girls in Patts are mostly very young, fresh from the farm.

It's a £25, 90 minute taxi ride from Bangkok to Pattaya.

Edited by collondon

Bangkok is a huge, widely spread city with lots to see and do, both culture and adult entertainment.  People there vary from mostly local office workers, to backpackers and all types of holiday makers.  There are a couple of areas dedicated to gogo bars and P4P.  Many massage joints spread around.  Some soapies.  Quite a few nightlcubs where you can pick up freelancers.

Pattaya is a small fishing town by a tiny beach which is filthy.  There are more Russians than Thai and everwhere else.  Lots of retired expats.   Soi 6 is a street of 'short time' bars with rooms upstairs.  A couple of soapies dotted around too.  The main strip is about 1km long with a mix of shops, bars, restaurants and gogo bars.   

The girls are more 'hollywood' in Bangkok.  They speak better english, have more money, and are classier.  The girls in Patts are mostly very young, fresh from the farm.

It's a £25, 90 minute taxi ride from Bangkok to Pattaya.

I agree with everything you have said except for your first use of the word 'is' in this statement "Pattaya is a small fishing town by a tiny beach which is filthy."  Although Pattaya WAS a tiny fishing town, it now is a sprawling metropolis - I'm not sure of its current population but it must number over 100,000 today, and its mongering options have expended far beyond the Walking Street and beach sois in recent years.  Also, though Pattaya's beach is indeed filthy, it's northern half is not that bad and the adjacent Jomtien Beach is quite decent, and a mere 20 baht away by songtheaw.  And I agree with WP, why not consider visiting both, if you have the time? 

Edited by Tiggy 7

You are correct, my mistake.

I prefer Phuket.  The scene there is younger, plus I like the island vibe.  I normally do a week partying there, then move to Samui to chillout for a fortnight.

thai-dreaming.com is a good forum, although you will need to earn your stripes by posting a few messages before you get access to the 'nightlife' forums.