Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr Orange

What will happen to the Soho walkups if the law is passed?

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering if after centuries of the area being a famous red light district if the new law would finally bring an end to it all? With it being so high profile, would it not be the first port of call to see if the girls are working of their own accord, or if they are being controlled (not just illegally, but in the same ways legitimate parlour girls are)? And if the walk up's aren't closed down, would that not be a green light for parlours elsewhere to continue as they have been?

I think as long as the walk-ups is "one girl" on at any one day......the walk-ups are likely to continue as per normal. What you might see, however, is that Punters may not be too brave to walk-in one....because you have no idea whether the girl's working there will result in "someone else's gain" (the new law). I don't think you will know.....nor will the police. But the police will have you arrested in a cell first....and then let you sort out whether the girl is free from exploitation.

Sure...you may walk free eventually if the girl is clean.....but your wife would have found out because she will have to bail you out....and probably will now have enough evidence to go through divorce proceedings with you.

Fortunately I'm single so don't have to worry about that side of things. Thinking about it, I imagine the amount of raids may well go up, so that it no longer makes them financially worthwhile to run, which would be a shame.

I was wondering if after centuries of the area being a famous red light district if the new law would finally bring an end to it all? With it being so high profile, would it not be the first port of call to see if the girls are working of their own accord, or if they are being controlled (not just illegally, but in the same ways legitimate parlour girls are)? And if the walk up's aren't closed down, would that not be a green light for parlours elsewhere to continue as they have been?

If the new proposals are passed unchanged visable places like walk-ups and parlours will be first to be hit because they are cheapest for the police to target and know they will get a good result. In my opinion walk -ups cannot adapt how they operate very easily, so will go. I do not believe the proposals will get passed unchanged though, and we will have to wait to see what happens, especially in the Lords.

Smith would say there are no ligitimate parlours or girls as they are illegal now.