Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aussiecrocsss

Guided Tours In Soi Cowboy...aka 'end Of The World As We Know It'

32 posts in this topic

Guided tours also available in Walking Street , Pattaya 

All a bit expensive if you ask me . In january  2015   Tiggy 7  and I will be giving FREE tours of Soi 22  Bangkok . I didn't spend six months researching this Soi for nothing . [ but you do have to buy us a few beers though  ]   I was told there are over 70 bars in this Soi but most tourists don't see more than 10  .

All a bit expensive if you ask me . In january  2015   Tiggy 7  and I will be giving FREE tours of Soi 22  Bangkok . I didn't spend six months researching this Soi for nothing . [ but you do have to buy us a few beers though  ]   I was told there are over 70 bars in this Soi but most tourists don't see more than 10  .

I'm not quite sure I want to join you on Walking Street.  I'll first have to shop around and see if I can find a pair of Kevlar y-fronts!  :P

-snip-

"I have spoken to several thousand women in prostitution, from over 12 nations in the last 14 years, and 99% of them hated this work and were only doing it because they saw no other way of meeting the family economic needs and pressures.

-snip-

1) Substititue coal miner, migrant worker, and so on.  Same.  Our planet works because we need to work.

2) 99%?  Piss off

-snip-

"I have spoken to several thousand women in prostitution, from over 12 nations in the last 14 years, and 99% of them hated this work and were only doing it because they saw no other way of meeting the family economic needs and pressures.

-snip-

1) Substititue coal miner, migrant worker, and so on.  Same.  Our planet works because we need to work.

2) 99%?  Piss off

We all see what we want to see and believe what we want to believe but, as you say, 99% hate this kind of work?  Even Harriett Harman wouldn't claim that!  Some the most outrageous readers' comments came from the 'religious right' in America - Christianity would not have survived for 2,000 years if it has been propagated and distorted by warped minds such as theirs.

I had a long chat with an ex TWG now in BKK who is complete with new child, and totally out of the game for good about her time in London. I asked if she enjoyed her work, time with customers, the sex and the response was 'sometimes. I never hated it, but sometimes was bored or didn't like the customers. But I had some amazing customers and no doubt the best sex of my life. And I did fall for one, so it can't be all bad!' She also adored London (in ways) and did well for herself.

Sadly I also know a TWG who had a very bad time this weekend in London, after a bad week. If any of you know her, you know what I'm talking about. It's not always such a nice occupation, no doubt.

The tours sound absolutely awful. Stick on tats, strip clubs with your mum and so on. Yuk.

Anyone who needs a chaperone to hold their hand around Cowboy shouldn't get a Passport and should stay at home!

Though someone is making a living out of it, but with the age of the internet, as a clueless tourist you could find many of these seedy gogo bars in no time.

Anyone who needs a chaperone to hold their hand around Cowboy shouldn't get a Passport and should stay at home!

Though someone is making a living out of it, but with the age of the internet, as a clueless tourist you could find many of these seedy gogo bars in no time.

Agreed!  The idea of a tour is daft, it's just a street full of bars.

But AVOID the ones owned by "The Arab": Kiss, Sahara, Spice Girls, Deja vu, Midnight, Rio and Raw Hide

These are rip-off bars, they have a lot of pretty girls who will drag you in, and then you get requests for lady drinks.  All drinks - your beers and the lady drinks - are overpriced and your chits will be stuffed with far more drinks than you purchased.  I've also heard of customers who pay for their drinks each time they get a round and still get hit with a bill on exiting.  The bars have hefty vicious bouncers to make sure that you pay on exiting too.

What's worse is that none of the girls are available, they make too much money in the bar scamming customers that the management will not allow them to leave.

So what you will end up doing is paying many thousands of bahts for 

i remember there was a place called cock and balls or something on soi cowboy.

avoid that unless you are interested in ladyboys.

the best fun in thailand is actually the large brothels like poseidon, the lord, etc.

you'll get the best quality girls there and much nicer room surroundings.

i remember there was a place called cock and balls or something on soi cowboy.

avoid that unless you are interested in ladyboys.

the best fun in thailand is actually the large brothels like poseidon, the lord, etc.

you'll get the best quality girls there and much nicer room surroundings.

That all depends on the girl you pick though, when In Bkk I usually stay around the corner from Poseidon, yes It has some sexy light skinned girls that the locals favour, and If you pick right will give a good time, they also charge extra for farangs, as do many of the soapies.

Speaking of the Lord....if anyone remembers Milly @ 007 (cute w/amazing naturals), who was briefly in London...she is there now, VIP. Very good English and super friendly.

Have heard there are barely any Falangs in there, and less than usual in Rachatda in general lately.

Speaking of the Lord....if anyone remembers Milly @ 007 (cute w/amazing naturals), who was briefly in London...she is there now, VIP. Very good English and super friendly.

Have heard there are barely any Falangs in there, and less than usual in Rachatda in general lately.

One of the reasons I prefer staying in Ratchada Is not many other farangs, and because this Isn't the lower Sukhumvit farang ghetto, accommodation Is fairly priced.

I love Ratchada, far more than Soi Cowboy or Nana. It's all there. Rooms are like hotels. Nice and clean. The girls are also better looking and less seedier.

Stay at Emerald Hotel. That's pretty much the central spot to monger.

I gotta admit tho, Ratchada was much better 10 years ago.

These days, i think the best looking girls go and work at gentlemens club like St Moritz as hostess girls, similar to an upscale karaoke.

Seeing Poseidon 10 years ago to now, far better quality in those days than present.

I love Ratchada, far more than Soi Cowboy or Nana. It's all there. Rooms are like hotels. Nice and clean. The girls are also better looking and less seedier.

Stay at Emerald Hotel. That's pretty much the central spot to monger.

I gotta admit tho, Ratchada was much better 10 years ago.

These days, i think the best looking girls go and work at gentlemens club like St Moritz as hostess girls, similar to an upscale karaoke.

Seeing Poseidon 10 years ago to now, far better quality in those days than present.

Yes the Emerald puts you In the centre of the soapy strip, call me a tight git, but I prefer staying In cheaper accommodation when In Bkk, there are lots of clean and well run serviced apartments In the area, for years I've stayed at Watana Mansion, right opposite Copa Cabana on soi 17, In the past few years they have refurbed many of the rooms, you can pay daily, weekly or by the month, at the moment they are 750thb a night, I remember when they were 450thb! http://www.wattanahotel.com/

STOP PRESS

I've occasionally reminisced here about the Nanapong Dance Contests of yore, and more recently noted attempts to revive them.  This week, Stickman has devoted his entire report to this subject and even provides a monthly schedule of 'coming events':

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2013/Nanapong.htm

Anyone planning to a visit to Bangkok during the coming months should go out of their way to join in the fun!

A Thai  girl wants to try   Wonder Fruit Festival in December  http://www.recordoftheday.com/news-and-press/-wonderfruit-festival-announces-its-launch

Thailand to provide astonishing backdrop for brand new socially conscious & sustainable festival (19-21 December, 2014) 

Wonderfruit Festival has announced its launch with confirmed acts so far being, Hercules Love Affair , Seth Troxler, Nick Mulvey, Fat Freddy’s Drop and Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs.

Full of delight, wonder and inspiration, and taking place in Chon Buri, Thailand from 19th-21st December 2014, Wonderfruit is a brand new festival concept from Scratch & Secret Productions."

http://wonderfruitfestival.com/

Sounds too hectic at that time of the year . 

A Thai  girl wants to try   Wonder Fruit Festival in December  http://www.recordoftheday.com/news-and-press/-wonderfruit-festival-announces-its-launch

Thailand to provide astonishing backdrop for brand new socially conscious & sustainable festival (19-21 December, 2014) 

Wonderfruit Festival has announced its launch with confirmed acts so far being, Hercules Love Affair , Seth Troxler, Nick Mulvey, Fat Freddy’s Drop and Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs.

Full of delight, wonder and inspiration, and taking place in Chon Buri, Thailand from 19th-21st December 2014, Wonderfruit is a brand new festival concept from Scratch & Secret Productions."

http://wonderfruitfestival.com/

Sounds too hectic at that time of the year . 

I am not sure that 'fruit' is an acceptable topic on this board - Call the Mods!

I seems he was targeting Americans which I suppose makes perfect business sense. I think he would make a decent living.

I know a guy in Buenos Aires (professional guide by day... also a guide during the night), which in a city like that is much benefitted from a knowledgeable local.

He practically does it for free, pretty much there to hangout out with English-speaking people. I did buy him a few pints from gratitude.

-W

What he didn't mention is some of the top end soapies charge a farang tax on entrance .  From the ones I have been in the best was Utopia for luxury surroundings and top class ladies . Just wish my thai business friends would take me there more . 

I'm sold ." Physically, the ladies are of a different archetype to what you find on Sukhumvit where most hail from the Isaan region.  In Thai massage parlours - and Colonze is typical in this regard - the women are for the most part taller and shapelier than the ladies you see in the farang bars.  Many come from the north of the country and most appeared to be aged in their 20s.  There are no oldies and no fatties.  If you like the type of ladies Thai men go for you'd be impressed.

What he didn't mention is some of the top end soapies charge a farang tax on entrance . From the ones I have been in the best was Utopia for luxury surroundings and top class ladies . Just wish my thai business friends would take me there more .

You are correct, Witty will probably be the man to ask, but from what I gather, after the big Asian financial crisis of the '90s, farangs were allowed to enter Thai soapies, but in many like of the parlours a extra surcharge was added, because farang ham yai! Poseidon I believe they add 500 to fishbowl girls, 2500, 2700, 3000,

You are correct, Witty will probably be the man to ask, but from what I gather, after the big Asian financial crisis of the '90s, farangs were allowed to enter Thai soapies, but in many like of the parlours a extra surcharge was added, because farang ham yai! Poseidon I believe they add 500 to fishbowl girls, 2500, 2700, 3000,

I suppose those soapies would accept anyone, business is not going well since their girls have found the benefits of the internet.

Hey, not only farangs can have big hums! Well, except the Japanese of course :ph34r:

-W