slartysmith

How Does The Weather Affect Business?

17 posts in this topic

Do you get fewer clients during a heatwave or is it good for business?

Similarly, if there's lots of rain do people stay away or do they visit in any case?

I imagine at least in part it depends how comfortable the rooms are.  Somewhere which is freezing in the winter with at best a single bar fire failing to keep the ice off the windows doesn't appeal, and neither does a place which is like an oven in summer.

I've had bookings cancelled because the sun has come out, bookings cancelled because it rained, bookings cancelled because a light drizzle settled down. The last one was someone living in the same reknown-for-it's-frequent-wet-weather-county, so I would guess his life is very restricted.

One bloke gave up his camping holiday due to floods, others sometimes use cover stories which rely on the weather.

I have regulars who will get to me come wind, rain, hail, flooding, snow and ice falls............and have done numerous times.

If someone uses the weather to not see me, I'll weigh up the situation and make my decision on whether the person is worth taking a booking seriously from there.

In general good weather = just as many bookings as bad weather. Snow and ice can cause serious issues, and I find when snow is affecting the area that I do get a lot of outcall requests - sorry but to me it's not worth the risk, I'll stay at home thank you.

By the way the storms have not reached my neck of the woods today, they were promised but a steady drizzle appears to be our slow release from the heat.

Edited by Strawberry

I got eaten alive last night by critters at a barbeque which would've put me in two minds about whether to go through with the punt I had planned as I'm now irritable and covered in little bites. So maybe that sort of thing affects business sometimes? 'Luckily' the lady herself cancelled anyway haha. 

At this level of humidity I could not fuck my way out of a paper bag :mad:

4 people like this

I've had bookings cancelled because the sun has come out, bookings cancelled because it rained, bookings cancelled because a light drizzle settled down. The last one was someone living in the same reknown-for-it's-frequent-wet-weather-county, so I would guess his life is very restricted.

One bloke gave up his camping holiday due to floods, others sometimes use cover stories which rely on the weather.

I have regulars who will get to me come wind, rain, hail, flooding, snow and ice falls............and have done numerous times.

If someone uses the weather to not see me, I'll weigh up the situation and make my decision on whether the person is worth taking a booking seriously from there.

In general good weather = just as many bookings as bad weather. Snow and ice can cause serious issues, and I find when snow is affecting the area that I do get a lot of outcall requests - sorry but to me it's not worth the risk, I'll stay at home thank you.

By the way the storms have not reached my neck of the woods today, they were promised but a steady drizzle appears to be our slow release from the heat.

I use 'going for a walk' as a punting excuse, so unexpected rain would be a problem for me.

Do you get fewer clients during a heatwave or is it good for business?

Similarly, if there's lots of rain do people stay away or do they visit in any case?

I imagine at least in part it depends how comfortable the rooms are.  Somewhere which is freezing in the winter with at best a single bar fire failing to keep the ice off the windows doesn't appeal, and neither does a place which is like an oven in summer.

Generally speaking, weather extremes will affect this business.  Although there will be girls who charge very low amounts and will still be busy as guys would prefer to travel, rain or shine, for a very good deal.

Yesterday, the fan timer ran out in the middle of the sex.  I thought it was set to ON.  Neither of us had noticed until we were so bathed in sweat we were like slippery frogs.  He works out regularly and said he never sweats like that in the gym.  When he's on top, you're dodging the sweat beads.

Today, I have ice blocks ready in the freezer for the air cooler.

Image a 35 min tube journey then delays on a 45 min train...packed to the rafters...my god it was like a swimming pool...not nice!!!

I  would need smelling salts to revive me! poor thing!  :eek:

Few punts are impulse buys, so weather will hardly put people off doing something they had planned. mind you sunny weather brings out the girls, making boys even friskier than usual.

As I like ladies to dress up a bit, and am not keen on them being covered in perspiration, I prefer sex in cold weather.

However, I can't stop having fun just cos the Sun is out. So I am off to a party house this afternoon which has big rooms and several bathrooms to cool off in so I hope the ladies will at least wear their stockings for me.

Regards,

davidgood

I have a punt lined up for early evening with a lady I saw in April. Can't remember what the whether was like then but she was bloody hot stuff in the bedroom so I'm expecting meltdown tonight .... shared showers on the cards I reckon

Mostly nowadays I plan ahead but in the past a hot sunny day used to encourage me into an impromptu one

am 10x friskier when the sun is out - think it is the girls in very flimsy dresses everywhere I look at the moment!

Im afraid that in this humidity my PVC is staying in the cupboard!

Pru, what sort of air cooler do you have?

Im afraid that in this humidity my PVC is staying in the cupboard!

Pru, what sort of air cooler do you have?

dont panic

5-10 degree drop in temperature from Sunday.  should be fresher air too as the wind comes from the west, not the south east.

I just had my first punt in what seems like ages. I managed the act without dripping all over the poor girl, but by the time I had dressed, I was sweating profusely and it was very uncomfortable. Good job it was a shorter booking rather than a long one. I guess I look a little red faced on my return to work though.