Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dvl1234

How Do I Close Down My Account/profile?

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I want to give up punting. This website has been amazing for me but its time to move on from all punting now.

How can I close my account / profile down?

Thanks

Hello, I want to give up punting. This website has been amazing for me but its time to move on from all punting now.

How can I close my account / profile down?

Thanks

You need to contact Galahad directly by PM to request this.

From the Forum Rules and FAQs:

Requests for account deletion are evaluated on a case by case basis. Anyone whose account has been deleted or banned is prohibited from registering a new account at any time in the future. Requests for action on a Forum account must be sent by forum PM.

1 person likes this

Thanks Vin daloo for the swift reply, top bloke.

I will take some extra time to think about it carefully before requesting then.

Cheers

Think on that any posts you have made will remain.  Make sure you have no record anywhere what your profile was/is that someone could find.

1 person likes this

Thanks CP mate, yeah posts remaining will be fine but good point that the username could still be found on this site via a google search. It will just to stop me being able to use the site. Should be able to remove the basic traces of email etc.

Just remember if you do ever decide to come back dont set up a different profile, contact g and let him know you want to resign up. Not sure how but somehow I think it may show as having 2 user accounts, you would need g or a mod to confirm that though x

Thanks CP mate, yeah posts remaining will be fine but good point that the username could still be found on this site via a google search. It will just to stop me being able to use the site. Should be able to remove the basic traces of email etc.

With this in mind,how about just not logging in again,or if you have no will power,go to your account,change email addy so you cannot request password,then reset your password to a random jumble of characters

With this in mind,how about just not logging in again,or if you have no will power,go to your account,change email addy so you cannot request password,then reset your password to a random jumble of characters

Because some people like Closure.

Because some people like Closure.

Closure?Its a forum.It's amazing how many times i see on sites people asking for their accounts to be closed.It's like the mods don't have anything better to do.Just stop posting.It really is that simple.It's also amazing how many of the people that ask for their accounts to be deleted reappear under a new name.

.It's also amazing how many of the people that ask for their accounts to be deleted reappear under a new name.

That's Punting for ya. ;)

It's a funny old business.