Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jiily

Bug Bite

7 posts in this topic

I did a out door photo shoot yesterday and got bitten on my fanny

whats the best thing to put on to stop it iching

Edited by jiily

If I might apply a little Sudocrem to the affected area .....   Seriously, Sudocrem works well. In my line of work I get bitten by a lot of bugs sometimes, and have therefore researched this. Antihistamines (e.g. ordinary hayfever tablets) can also work very well in that the itching is often an allergic reaction.

1 person likes this

antihistamine is good.  but try getting one of those antihistamine nasal sprays from the chemist and put some of that on the bite.

I find that stops the itching quickly, and the bite goes down quite fast.

better than antihistamine tabs which just send me to sleep

but this stuff is so individual so what works for me may not for you.

oh no Jiily you poor thing  :wacko:

Try hydrocortizone cream in small amounts. Boots sell small tubes. It's been a boon this year, as I have been bitten, and had allergic reactions from plants, like never before in t'garden.

Try hydrocortizone cream in small amounts. Boots sell small tubes. It's been a boon this year, as I have been bitten, and had allergic reactions from plants, like never before in t'garden.

be very careful with that hydrocortizone cream though, it thins the skin with over use and you dont want thin skin somewhere you want to be rubbed a lot in future  ;)

Edited by Chloe Kisses

one other remedy is to get some dispersable aspirin, put a couple in water for about 5 minutes then dab with fingers onto the affected area.  works fine for allergic rashes.  Quack suggested that one to a family member, and it worked.  He called it 'topical application'

for some reason applying it with cotton wool didnt work ?????