Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sammy Milf

Good Bye Old Friend.......

12 posts in this topic

Sad to report the loss of a good punting hotel in Gatwick that served me well for nearly a year now, not the poshest but it had AirCon in the rooms not many have in that budget chain and it was cheap.

The staff knew something was up for months and were so pissed off they would advise on things to complain about to get discounts and even credit refunds, I did really well out of it! ;)

Last night the staff were taking stuff out the side door, fans, irons, hoovers bedding into backs of cars!

Think I was the last guest to leave lunchtime today windows were being boarded up and signs were being taken down and skips arriving, rooms being skipped apart from the TV's that were being given to charities locally.

Good bye old friend you served us well.

(apart from the sticky tables in the bar)

If it's the Europa,  it's a dump beyond compare and should have been closed down years ago, as a filthy cockroach infested tip.  As an ex-Gatwick employee I can tell you stories about that place which would make your hair stand on end. 

1 person likes this

Do tell?  :blink:

Ditto, but skip the roaches! ;)

Punting hotels that tick all the boxes are hard to find especialy ones at decent prices, AirCon and a good fy-up in the morning! have a couple of discount codes left from Tuesdays hotel chain and with a bit of luck a 52quid credit note when my complaint goes through, :ph34r: depressed hotel management can be fun to talk with about handy tips and hints!

If it's the Europa,  it's a dump beyond compare and should have been closed down years ago, as a filthy cockroach infested tip.  As an ex-Gatwick employee I can tell you stories about that place which would make your hair stand on end. 

Ha ha, thank you for the smile.  I thought it was a posh one, then you came with the 'a dump'.

If you need to see why I described it as 'a dump beyond compare and  a filthy cockroach infested tip' I suggest you take a look at

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187051-d192259-Reviews-Europa_Gatwick-Crawley_West_Sussex_England.html

A couple of the first comments :

i had to change my room 3 times as the smell and dirt in the rooms was beyond believe . i have never stayed anywere that was so dirty ,budget hotel or not ,hairs on the sheets ,smelly rooms, towels with yellow stains on them ,and the cups not washed from the people before,i didnt think places like this were still running

on opening our room door, obviously the previous occupant was said beaver. The place stank. A tiny hovel. Dusty, dirty bathroom, bedroom with a slightly larger than single bed(for 2 people?) Bedroom furniture consisted of an oval, 3 drawer bedside cabinet, a matching table and wardrobe. All would not look out of place in the Trotters flat in Nelson Mandela House. This slum was that small, I had to open the door to put my shirt on. The walls were adorned? with charcoal print pictures of overweight nude women, dirty marks and drink stains. There was a gaping hole above the double socket. When we first entered the room, we noticed there was no telephone.It was on the floor with the Bible behinds the bedside cabinet. Doors were banging all night, stopped and then started again at 05.40...................This hole is disgusting, an absolute slum.It is like a Detention Centre for illegal immigrants, only worse.
The worst place I have ever stayed in, in the whole of Europe. Have I really got to rate it? It isn't worth 1......

When I worked at Gatwick we had a list of hotels where we could accommodate passengers in case of need. The Europa was noted 'NEVER EVER USE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES'.  Personally, I would rather have slept on a lavatory floor at the airport than at the Europa.  I also know how some of their staff were treated and other things that went on there.

From these descriptions, it sounds like they could have made a good horror movie there.

please choose your thread title sensitively

I thought this was going to be an RIP thread - wg died or something like that

1 person likes this

If you need to see why I described it as 'a dump beyond compare and  a filthy cockroach infested tip' I suggest you take a look at

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187051-d192259-Reviews-Europa_Gatwick-Crawley_West_Sussex_England.html

A couple of the first comments :

When I worked at Gatwick we had a list of hotels where we could accommodate passengers in case of need. The Europa was noted 'NEVER EVER USE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES'.  Personally, I would rather have slept on a lavatory floor at the airport than at the Europa.  I also know how some of their staff were treated and other things that went on there.

Blimey, I thought it was grim in Bayswater...

The grounds are substantive and very green, but we bumped into a local couple who were using it as a naughty night out, but had our suspicions that the female was charging for her services!

From a recent review of the Europa.

One of you ladies, perchance?

From a recent review of the Europa.

One of you ladies, perchance?

Most surely from the person who started this thread.