truecolours

New Laws: Clarification?

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've never punted before, and I was intending to at some point, but these new laws have confused me. Basically, the impression I get is that if I ever punt at all (whether it's an indy, a Soho walk-up, or whatever) then I might get a criminal record, even if I had no idea that she was being controlled. Is that correct?

So, basically, would you advise me to give this whole idea a miss, or should I keep the dream alive (maybe with an indy who I'm sure isn't being controlled)? :(

Thanks,

Tom

Hi,

I've never punted before, and I was intending to at some point, but these new laws have confused me. Basically, the impression I get is that if I ever punt at all (whether it's an indy, a Soho walk-up, or whatever) then I might get a criminal record, even if I had no idea that she was being controlled. Is that correct?

Yes, it appears so. I have not seen the details, though. Does anybody have a link to what's actually been written down?

So, basically, would you advise me to give this whole idea a miss, or should I keep the dream alive (maybe with an indy who I'm sure isn't being controlled)? :(

It's still legal to pay for sex (as long as it's not a street prostitute).

You should not care morally if somebody is being "controlled" in the sense of current law, because being controlled in that sense typically means merely that they work using an agency or work for a parlour. The idea that there's anything wrong with that is an odd notion that troubles the minds of deluded feminists.

Basically, the impression I get is that if I ever punt at all (whether it's an indy, a Soho walk-up, or whatever) then I might get a criminal record, even if I had no idea that she was being controlled. Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct!

If the new law will be passed (as it is suggested now) you never going to be sure if you breaking law or not, no matter if you pay to shag independent British bread WG who appear to be bona fide MILF which is gagging for it, or young Cambodian or Moldavian who is crying while giving you BJ and dries her tears on your pubic hair, so you not after see it. (She will happily smile to you though, when she will raise her head!)

I have shagged prostitutes for over 25 years and will continue to do so.

It will be interesting to see the first "test case" ------ where a punter is taken to court for paying for sex with a trafficked girl ------- even though he had no way of knowing. :(

Yes, that is correct!

If the new law will be passed (as it is suggested now) you never going to be sure if you breaking law or not, ......

And that brings to mind some quotes: modest satisfaction might be gained by y'all if you post the sources.

'If the law supposes that......the law is a ass,,,,a idiot'

'Bad laws are the worst sort of tyrrany'

'How long soever it hath continued, if it be against reason, it is of no force in law'

'I know of no method to secure the repeal of bad or obnoxious laws so effective as their stringent execution'

It will be interesting to see the first "test case" ------ where a punter is taken to court for paying for sex with a trafficked girl ------- even though he had no way of knowing. :eek:

Jimmy, but what you going to do (providing that new law will be passed) and most of the mainstream parlours, bordellos and agencies either disappear or some of them will go "underground" to serve the kind of clients, where somebody like you "no need to apply"? What are you going to do then?

I only said "if". So please don't reply that such law never going to be passed.

Yeah, and various governments have shagged us for over 25 years and will continue to do so. :eek:

B

Hi,

So, basically, would you advise me to give this whole idea a miss, or should I keep the dream alive (maybe with an indy who I'm sure isn't being controlled)? :eek:

Thanks,

Tom

This proposed legislation is simply a draft bill at the moment, and is unlikely to become law for some considerable time, so you are in no danger of getting a criminal record just yet.

That it will become law in some form is almost certain, as neither the Tories nor the LibDems would oppose it as it would be politically damaging for them to do so.

I am not aware of any legislation that prohibits a punter paying for sexual services based on a perceived type of prostitute, nor am I aware of any legislation that delineates types of prostitutes let alone differentiates between them on the basis of payment, perhaps you could point out this legislation for me please.

I am not aware of any legislation that prohibits a punter paying for sexual services based on a perceived type of prostitute, nor am I aware of any legislation that delineates types of prostitutes let alone differentiates between them on the basis of payment, perhaps you could point out this legislation for me please.

Yeah, yeah. Kerb crawling. If we had to tell the whole truth in every utterance, we could never say anything.

Yeah, yeah. Kerb crawling.

Kerb crawling is about soliciting, it has nothing to do whatsoever with payment for sexual services.

i reckon the lords will spoil this measure

Kerb crawling is about soliciting, it has nothing to do whatsoever with payment for sexual services.

Sas, my old fruit. Kerb crawling does have something to do with payment for sexual services. My intent was merely to warn the guy that if he sees a street hooker, he shouldn't take "seeing prostitutes is legal" as carte blanche.

Edited by mirror
correct a phrase

Kerb crawling does have something to do with payment for sexual services.

The kerb crawling legislation is concerned with soliciting, neither the exchange of money or the supply of sexual services has to take place in order for it to be contravened, nor does the payment of money for sexual services cause a contravention.

The above being in total contrast to your post :-

which I read as saying that it is illegal to pay a "street" prostitute for sexual services.

This proposed legislation is simply a draft bill at the moment, and is unlikely to become law for some considerable time, so you are in no danger of getting a criminal record just yet.

Whoever drafts it is presumably going to have to come up with a proper definition of "trafficked" or "under the control of". That will make interesting reading.

Truecolours- start punting now. These new proposals won't become law for some time, if at all. They don't apply currently, so if you start punting now you may well have a list of dependable regulars you can call on so you can still feel safe should new laws come in. My best guess is that they will find these proposals unworkable, once the politicians stop shooting their mouths off and hand it over to those responsible for drafting workable legislation.