AnotherFrank

Mobile Adultwork

9 posts in this topic

up until recently I used an iPhone and I can't remember how but I accessed AW via a simple mobile version (not the AW mobile version) that was very easy to use and had an automatic login

I now have a windows 8 phone - when I access AW I can use their standard desktop site or switch to their mobile site but it's nothing like the iPhone one and you need to enter user name, password, turing numbers blah blah blah

I didn't download an app on the iPhone I'm sure, just used the safari browser to get to AW

anyone throw any light on this - was it a safari special in some way?

up until recently I used an iPhone and I can't remember how but I accessed AW via a simple mobile version (not the AW mobile version) that was very easy to use and had an automatic login

I now have a windows 8 phone - when I access AW I can use their standard desktop site or switch to their mobile site but it's nothing like the iPhone one and you need to enter user name, password, turing numbers blah blah blah

I didn't download an app on the iPhone I'm sure, just used the safari browser to get to AW

anyone throw any light on this - was it a safari special in some way?

I use android.  It seems to sense its being accessed on android and offers me a mobile version.

It does give me the option of using the 'main site'

and on the main site it offers an android version in a box top left.

but on my windows pc it offers a mobile/pda version thats not what i get on me fone.

the phone version i get is crap.  you cant sort your search results and you cant filter on stuff in the interview.

I suspect it looks at the OS, sees windows and assumes your phone is a pc.

When using the aw mobile app you still have to enter your username, password and turing code but you have the option of clicking the "remember me" button whilst logging in for the first time. After that you just need to click login and then your username comes up and you click to enter the site. The mobile version is not as good as the main version but they never are

Chloe, that was exactly my experience with an iPhone but on my new Windows8 Nokia it is nothing at all like that. It's not an app as such (nor is it on the iPhone as I recall) ie you need to visit the url rather than select one of your downloaded apps.

Just another example I suppose of the 'superiority' of the iPhone and how mobile web developers have supported it in preference to other platforms.

When using the aw mobile app you still have to enter your username, password and turing code but you have the option of clicking the "remember me" button whilst logging in for the first time. After that you just need to click login and then your username comes up and you click to enter the site. The mobile version is not as good as the main version but they never are

android version does not ask for turing code.

Neither does the ios version on the ipad, not used it on an iphone though...

It only does the first time you log on via iPhone after that you just click the log in button x

Thank god for that!!

Also I recomend using Firefox or Chrome on a mobile device their browsers I find far better.