TightYoungEbony

Iphone 5S Lock/sleep Button Rattle?

17 posts in this topic

Hiya not sure if this is in the right section.

Thought I would ask here as not getting answers on twitter lol!

I bought an iPhone 5s literally 3 days ago and have just notice when I shake it the lock/sleep button rattles and when videoing it does it too.

Looked online a few have the same issue, does anyone else?

Thinking of taking it back as I'm still in the 14 day warranty just want to make sure it's not just me!

Thanks x

Hiya not sure if this is in the right section.

Thought I would ask here as not getting answers on twitter lol!

I bought an iPhone 5s literally 3 days ago and have just notice when I shake it the lock/sleep button rattles and when videoing it does it too.

Looked online a few have the same issue, does anyone else?

Thinking of taking it back as I'm still in the 14 day warranty just want to make sure it's not just me!

Thanks x

You are in the right section :)

My 5S rattles slightly but only if i shake it vigorously. My old iPhone 5 lock button was quite lose and didn't respond as well towards the end of the year. Gawd, sounds like a dodgy Carry On euphemism ;) hahaha

I'd say, if yours is really loose...ermm i mean if your 5S is really loose...take it back, but Apple warranty lasts a year anyway and they are normally pretty good with fixing/swapping for a new one quickly.

Book a genius bar appointment http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

You are in the right section :)

My 5S rattles slightly but only if i shake it vigorously. My old iPhone 5 lock button was quite lose and didn't respond as well towards the end of the year. Gawd, sounds like a dodgy Carry On euphemism ;) hahaha

I'd say, if yours is really loose...ermm i mean if your 5S is really loose...take it back, but Apple warranty lasts a year anyway and they are normally pretty good with fixing/swapping for a new one quickly.

Book a genius bar appointment http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Thanks alot for your help.

Mine only rattles when I shake it vigorously aswell so I guess it's the norm reading online!

If it gets any worse ill definitely be contacting apple.

X

Not sure if you've tried but I find good place to look for any iphone problems is the Apple support forums. Seems like it's a known issue but I haven't read all the way through to see if there's a solution! :)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5355229?start=0&tstart=0

Thank you for that! Had a little read seems like it's a known problem yes and even if apple replace it's likely to do the same thing. It's not necessarily a problem for me just something I noticed. X

Hi all. Sorry if this has been said a million times, and/or that I am probably missing something really obvious BUT, my most recent posts have, for some reason I do not know, been displayed without the blue 'Like This' option. My earlier posts were and I would like to recover it please.

Mine never rattles.

I would get the phone replaced under warranty as this is surely a factory/shipping misalignment.

Mine never rattles.

I would get the phone replaced under warranty as this is surely a factory/shipping misalignment.

I had it replaced and the newer one does the same so it's obviously common. Two friends have the same issue and I looked online a lot of people also have the issue and some dont.

It doesnt bother me though doesnt affect the phone in anyway :)

My 5S is 11 days out of warranty and the lock/sleep button has just stopped working. It feels and sounds normal, they did have a problem with the 5 and they replaced them, I am going the Apple store on Thursday to argue it out, otherwise it will cost me £35 to fix.

My 5S is 11 days out of warranty and the lock/sleep button has just stopped working. It feels and sounds normal, they did have a problem with the 5 and they replaced them, I am going the Apple store on Thursday to argue it out, otherwise it will cost me £35 to fix.

Yeah best to take it in the Apple stores are usually very helpful they replaced my iPhone 4s last year when it was out of warranty! X

Edited by TightYoungEbony

Yeah best to take it in the Apple stores are usually very helpful they replaced my iPhone 4s last year when it was out of warranty! X

I hope so, but the sceptic in me says that was because the 4S was an old model. I have 2 iPads and a iPhone 4S, so I am going to try to push that fact with them even if only for a free repair.

I hope so, but the sceptic in me says that was because the 4S was an old model. I have 2 iPads and a iPhone 4S, so I am going to try to push that fact with them even if only for a free repair.

I have an appointment at the genius bar sunday for them to replace my 5S so not just the old models! X Edited by TightYoungEbony

I have an appointment at the genius bar sunday for them to replace my 5S so not just the old models! X

Is it under warranty ? 

Is it under warranty ?

Yeah it is, sorry I forgot to add that.

Although my cousin had gone there early this year after her 5s home button got stuck and got it replaced she was out of her warranty.

I think it its s genuine problem with the phone and not done by accidental damage etc they will usually replace it or try repair. X

Well I went in today, waste of time.

He went to replace it and I thought great. Then when he checked and saw it was out of warranty, he refused to do anything. I spoke to the manager and pointed out all the products I have, some with Apple Care, but he wouldn't budge. Cost me £35 to get repaired.

Not best pleased with Apple, because if they had told me on the webchat that nothing could be done because it was out of warranty, I wouldn't have wasted a trip into the city.

I've just received a new 5s as a warranty replacement (for a different fault), the old one didn't rattle at all but this one is dreadful and the button sounds really loose. Not good enough for a phone of this value!

I suppose I could arrange for another one to be posted to me but I'd rather go to a store now and ensure it's a rattle free replacement before accepting it.

DG

I've just received a new 5s as a warranty replacement (for a different fault), the old one didn't rattle at all but this one is dreadful and the button sounds really loose. Not good enough for a phone of this value!

I suppose I could arrange for another one to be posted to me but I'd rather go to a store now and ensure it's a rattle free replacement before accepting it.

DG

Oh no! Definitely go to a store then you can sample the phone at least, sorry to hear that!