Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sohosuprise

Are Soho Walk Ups Legal?

8 posts in this topic

No if there is more than one person on the premises. But they're tolerated for a while, shut down, then reopened. Always been the case. Theyre not allowed to stand in the doorway touting for business tho. I was considering Soho as I imagine its still quite busy down there.

No if there is more than one person on the premises. But they're tolerated for a while, shut down, then reopened. Always been the case. Theyre not allowed to stand in the doorway touting for business tho. I was considering Soho as I imagine its still quite busy down there.

There are many walk ups that have never been shut down. Some have been closed and have never re-opened.

There are many walk ups that have never been shut down.

Yet..

Any premises that has more than one WG operating from there - even if not at the same time - is legally classed as a brothel and therefore illegal.

Any premises that has more than one WG operating from there - even if not at the same time - is legally classed as a brothel and therefore illegal.

Well, not quite, given that this is England. A brothel itself isn't a person so isn't illegal - managing a brothel, assisting in the management of a brothel are all criminal offences, as are lots more.

I don't know how long it takes for premises that became a brothel because a second WG also worked there, say when #1 was away on holiday, to stop being one because just one single WG has worked there for, a month, six months, a year, or ten years? Probably the Met don't know either!

1 person likes this

Well, not quite, given that this is England. A brothel itself isn't a person so isn't illegal - managing a brothel, assisting in the management of a brothel are all criminal offences, as are lots more.

I don't know how long it takes for premises that became a brothel because a second WG also worked there, say when #1 was away on holiday, to stop being one because just one single WG has worked there for, a month, six months, a year, or ten years? Probably the Met don't know either!

Working in one, or visiting one is also not illegal - it's managing it that is.

1 person likes this

A walk up is illegal if some nice developers give the Met nice wad of cash.

2 people like this