Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave451

Rotherham Coverage

133 posts in this topic

I have been listening to the radio coverage today about the disgusting child abuse that has been going on in Rotherham for years, uninterrupted by the authorities. Several 'experts' including Denis MacShane(sic) tried to link these events to prostitution and argue that Rotherham is a justification for outlawing prostitution. Do we agree?

I have been listening to the radio coverage today about the disgusting child abuse that has been going on in Rotherham for years, uninterrupted by  the authorities. Several 'experts' including Denis MacShane(sic) tried to link these events to prostitution and argue that Rotherham is a justification for outlawing prostitution. Do we agree?

the left will have to find someone to blame. For this is their fault. It is a symptom of the warped PC, multi culti bollocks and uncontrolled immigration.

How the hell can grooming very young girls by mostly Asian origin gangs of males be linked to prostitution.

Maybe if the gangs paid for the sex they wanted, (if legal), then the girls would have been left alone.

If they are in to underage sex, they should be deported/castrated/stoned to death :ph34r: . 

When you hear that this was reported by the girls to the several authorities, and they refused to believe them, or turned a blind eye, then there should be a large inquiry, just like in  the Jimmy Savile affair. 

How the hell can grooming very young girls by mostly Asian origin gangs of males be linked to prostitution.

Maybe if the gangs paid for the sex they wanted, (if legal), then the girls would have been left alone.

If they are in to underage sex, they should be deported/castrated/stoned to death :ph34r: . 

When you hear that this was reported by the girls to the several authorities, and they refused to believe them, or turned a blind eye, then there should be a large inquiry, just like in  the Jimmy Savile affair. 

a few people in court for aiding and abetting would be good.

I suppose these of Asian origins were Muslim? Maybe we should ban Islam but the left depend on their votes in inner city areas.

I suppose these of Asian origins were Muslim? Maybe we should ban Islam but the left depend on their votes in inner city areas.

There have been complaints from some Asians about calling the perpetrators 'Asians' as it tars the chinese, indians, etc with the same brush.  People are now saying they are of Pakistani Ethnicity.

Idiot.

It's a scandal that Denis McShane wasted so much of his time on attempting to criminalise prostitution between consenting adults whilst these events were repeatedly taking place right under his nose. There is absolutely no connection between sex between consenting adults and paedophilia, gang rapes and coercion with brutal threats.

McShane should hang his head in shame, but instead he has the gall to attempt to make these outrageous connections. What an odious individual.

3 people like this

I wonder how many other other local authorities and their associated police forces will have to admit that that this sort of thing has been common for years and that they too have done nothing about it because of fears of being accused of racism.

I wonder how many other other local authorities and their associated police forces will have to admit that that this sort of thing has been common for years and that they too have done nothing about it because of fears of being accused of racism.

That or Islamaphobia. It does raise questions about the effectiveness of the police and maybe senior management should be investigated. After all currently Chief Constable Gilmore of West Yorkshire is suspended. Also GMP Chief Constable Fahy has been issued with a gross misconduct notice by the IPCC over the investigation of a child sex offender.

The Labour party needs to look at itself due to its dependence on the Muslim vote and possible tolerance of 'extremists' to hang onto seats in areas like Bradford and Birmingham.

If that's what they think I don't think they can call themselves experts!!

There have been complaints from some Asians about calling the perpetrators 'Asians' as it tars the chinese, indians, etc with the same brush.  People are now saying they are of Pakistani Ethnicity.

And quite right too. 'Asian' is number one on my list of weasel words.

That or Islamaphobia. It does raise questions about the effectiveness of the police and maybe senior management should be investigated. After all currently Chief Constable Gilmore of West Yorkshire is suspended. Also GMP Chief Constable Fahy has been issued with a gross misconduct notice by the IPCC over the investigation of a child sex offender.

The Labour party needs to look at itself due to its dependence on the Muslim vote and possible tolerance of 'extremists' to hang onto seats in areas like Bradford and Birmingham.

I make this comment having read the report rather than relying on media coverage.

The problem of child sexual abuse is unfortunately very widespread. Local Authorities and the police in many areas have ignored complaints. It's not just a race issue but a class issue, too. Working class girls have too often been labelled by both police and children's social services as wayward, out of control and deserving what they get instead of being seen as victims. Remember, too, that it isn't just Pakistanis who are involved. There have been recent cases in Derby, Torbay and Peterborough where it was white men doing the abusing but these cases received little national media coverage. I wonder why?

The Rotherham report states at para 11.2:

'As has been stated many times before, there is no simple link between race and child sexual exploitation (CSE), and across the UK the greatest numbers of perpetrators of CSE are white men. The second largest category, according to the Children's Commissioner's report, are those from a minority ethnic background, particularly those recorded as 'Asian'.'

Nor is it just white girls who are abused; so are Muslim girls; so are black girls and so on. Indeed ethnic Pakistani girls were also victims in Rotherham. So no one should take the easy line that this is all about PC towards certain ethnic groups. In fact the Rotherham report doesn't once mention the term 'political correctness'. As the report says:

'Within the Council, we found no evidence of children’s social care staff being influenced by concerns about the ethnic origins of suspected perpetrators when dealing with individual child protection cases'.

It was senior council staff, some elected members and the police who were concerned about accusations of racism and upsetting community relations, but it was by no means just about that as the report makes clear. It was also, for example, about resources and targetting. The report also discusses the negative macho culture of the council as demonstrated by both some councillors and some senior staff. So, yes, some problems arose from the fear of being accused of racism, but it was also about far more that was wrong with the council's culture.

When it comes to CSE, stereotyping is both about the race of the perpetrators and also about the class of the victims. As TV reporter Samira Ahmed has said today:

"So yes, the Rotherham scandal, as in Oxford and Rochdale, is about race. But look deeper and it’s really about wider attitudes by some men to women and girls. Or “slags”, as I notice in the search terms that people use everyday to find articles about these cases. And that might be the most uncomfortable truth."

1 person likes this

The other issue apart from the race card is of course that you can never know who is or who isn't themselves perpetrator.

The issue of class has been virtually ignored by the media, the victims are on the whole, kids from what were formerly called broked homes,usually in care, and the lower working class. Its not just officials who are at fault here, time for some parents to start parenting, they are costing us a fortune..

I make this comment having read the report rather than relying on media coverage.

The problem of child sexual abuse is unfortunately very widespread. Local Authorities and the police in many areas have ignored complaints. It's not just a race issue but a class issue, too. Working class girls have too often been labelled by both police and children's social services as wayward, out of control and deserving what they get instead of being seen as victims. Remember, too, that it isn't just Pakistanis who are involved. There have been recent cases in Derby, Torbay and Peterborough where it was white men doing the abusing but these cases received little national media coverage. I wonder why?

The Rotherham report states at para 11.2:

'As has been stated many times before, there is no simple link between race and child sexual exploitation (CSE), and across the UK the greatest numbers of perpetrators of CSE are white men. The second largest category, according to the Children's Commissioner's report, are those from a minority ethnic background, particularly those recorded as 'Asian'.'

Nor is it just white girls who are abused; so are Muslim girls; so are black girls and so on. Indeed ethnic Pakistani girls were also victims in Rotherham. So no one should take the easy line that this is all about PC towards certain ethnic groups. In fact the Rotherham report doesn't once mention the term 'political correctness'. As the report says:

'Within the Council, we found no evidence of children’s social care staff being influenced by concerns about the ethnic origins of suspected perpetrators when dealing with individual child protection cases'.

It was senior council staff, some elected members and the police who were concerned about accusations of racism and upsetting community relations, but it was by no means just about that as the report makes clear. It was also, for example, about resources and targetting. The report also discusses the negative macho culture of the council as demonstrated by both some councillors and some senior staff. So, yes, some problems arose from the fear of being accused of racism, but it was also about far more that was wrong with the council's culture.

When it comes to CSE, stereotyping is both about the race of the perpetrators and also about the class of the victims. As TV reporter Samira Ahmed has said today:

"So yes, the Rotherham scandal, as in Oxford and Rochdale, is about race. But look deeper and it’s really about wider attitudes by some men to women and girls. Or “slags”, as I notice in the search terms that people use everyday to find articles about these cases. And that might be the most uncomfortable truth."

come off it prof

there have been various cases of Pakistani men working in gangs abusing white girls.  this is just the next one in a long list of cases. Other cases have been in Rochdale and Oxford.

To some Muslim men these girls are white infidel trash females - the lowest of the low.

come off it prof

there have been various cases of Pakistani men working in gangs abusing white girls.  this is just the next one in a long list of cases. Other cases have been in Rochdale and Oxford.

To some Muslim men these girls are white infidel trash females - the lowest of the low.

I can see you haven't read the report, but you might at least have read my post more carefully before responding to it. Still, never let the facts get in the way of your prejudices, eh? I hope Mr. Bloom reads this before he asks me again to listen to myself.

I can see you haven't read the report, but you might at least have read my post more carefully before responding to it. Still, never let the facts get in the way of your prejudices, eh? I hope Mr. Bloom reads this before he asks me again to listen to myself.

some people have done 2 100 mile commutes and worked an 8 hour day...

The issue of class has been virtually ignored by the media, the victims are on the whole, kids from what were formerly called broked homes,usually in care, and the lower working class. Its not just officials who are at fault here, time for some parents to start parenting, they are costing us a fortune..

So you don't think much abuse happens to children in 'loving', stable, educated middle class families?

some people have done 2 100 mile commutes and worked an 8 hour day...

Then perhaps such people should be more careful about expressing opinions on issues they know little about? It doesn't excuse you not reading posts properly before replying to them. As it happens, I have worked at least an 8 hour day, too. I spent some of it reading the Rotherham report because it relates to my research.

So you don't think much abuse happens to children in 'loving', stable, educated middle class families?

I think circumstances alter cases so far as that goes. Most of the girls in Rotherham, Rochdale, etc, seem to have been from working class families, broken homes, in care, etc. But that doesn't mean that abuse of middle class girls doesn't happen, too, of course. However, working class girls are often equated, it seems, with being 'slags' and 'sluts' and aren't taken seriously when they go to the authorities. At any rate, that seems to have been the case in Rotherham.

Then perhaps such people should be more careful about expressing opinions on issues they know little about? It doesn't excuse you not reading posts properly before replying to them. As it happens, I have worked at least an 8 hour day, too. I spent some of it reading the Rotherham report because it relates to my research.

Well I hear the news on Radio 4 in the car so I know enoiugh

This is not a fucking university seminar, its a social chat forum.

Well I hear the news on Radio 4 in the car so I know enoiugh

This is not a fucking university seminar, its a social chat forum.

Does that explain why you write so much shit? Just a chat forum so you can get away with any nonsense, eh? It's obvious that university had no positive effect on you at all.

Having read the report, I now know how much even Radio 4 news ignored about it.

I'm assuming the report you have read is this one. all 150 odd pages.

Like others, I've done a shift today and haven't read it all, but the phrase 'working class' does not appear once.

In fact, the word 'class' does not appear once.

This is important imv, as to stress the relationship between child sexual abuse and being working class would be fine, if the report backed that up.

To stress that there is a relationship, but it's based on personal opinion, would also be fine.

That's not what has happened here. Profman. j'accuse of showing bias in your interpretation.

Wtf has the marvellous UK come to anyway when people whose primary income is not from work are described in all seriousness as 'working class'. The world has moved on. There are people who are exclusively on benefits. There are a massive number who work and also get benefits but benefits are the greatest proportion of what sustains them. And these people are 'working class'. Get modern. Call them what they are.

1 person likes this