vivluvsme

Posters

25 posts in this topic

I have just noticed that of 117 people online and looking at the Punternet forums, only 14 are members.

This has taken me by surprise.

Are most punters all trouser and no mouth?

I assumed most punters who read punting forums would be moved to want to put their point of view, correct what they see as wrong thinking or ask for info on doable birds (as we used to say) or what talent is in a particular area.

It never occurred to me that, once people knew about Pnet, they would simply lurk.

Edited by vivluvsme

Some of them may be members just having a quick peek at a thread etc but not have logged in. You can still read without being logged in x

I read (lurked) the forums for a long time before I punted, signed up or posted, so assume there are others similar to me.

Probably a mixture of that, punters who have no intention of posting anything, and some just having a nose and have no intention of either punting or posting! Some could also be members having a read but who just haven't bothered signing in...

Ah I am automatically signed in as soon as I open the forum and shed a tear to see no fit women have privately/obscenely messaged me (an exception being today tho).

Any danger in this auto sign in (or always signed in if that is what it actually is)?

Any danger in this auto sign in (or always signed in if that is what it actually is)?

Not as long as someone you don't want to know you're a member happens to use your pc/phone /tablet!

I'm safe then - willie no mates me.

Large numbers of lurkers are normal for internet forums on all subjects. I guess most people aren't that opinionated/confident/literate to subject everyone else to their views.

1 person likes this

Large numbers of lurkers are normal for internet forums on all subjects. I guess most people aren't that opinionated/confident/literate to subject everyone else to their views.

or don't want to put their email into the sign up form, for fear of spam.

1 person likes this

or don't want to put their email into the sign up form, for fear of spam.

I'd get bugger all in my emails then...spam is mother's milk to me.

I would be one of the 117 people not logged in. I don't normally log in when I am reading the forums. The reason--in case I am called away or if I forget to log out, it won't be left open to  reveal my username. I don't want other people to know it, and be able to identify what I am posting on here.

1 person likes this

I a a first time poster and agree with georgem.  i would add that living around Sheffield when topics on Sheffield are brought up there is rarely a reply.  I would love to hear from anyone who can recommend a lady for me to meet around the area, as I prefer not to use parlours and that seems to be almost the only choice we have.

Yes it is not surprising interest flags if your local interests are ignored rather.

It is a surprise if places with places that do have an active scene do not prompt a lively exchange of views and information - places like Stoke and Sheffield.

But Sheffied used to have its own form, didn't it? If there is nothing local now, I guess it takes a few people to persist in raising their comments and queries to provoke responses.

Groups of people in various localities are surely looking out for information on their area so I would thinks it's worth persisting.

That's how Birmingham got its own forum later than others - that won't happen for smaller scenes but local people deserve their information sources so they do need to be self promoted.

I have just noticed that of 117 people online and looking at the Punternet forums, only 14 are members.

This has taken me by surprise.

Are most punters all trouser and no mouth?

I assumed most punters who read punting forums would be moved to want to put their point of view, correct what they see as wrong thinking or ask for info on doable birds (as we used to say) or what talent is in a particular area.

It never occurred to me that, once people knew about Pnet, they would simply lurk.

I do not think is a matter of 'trousers and no mouth' and whenever I try to logic this I always think of people from different parts of the world thinking to invent something similar or compose a song in a similar manner.  Another example would be about the 'quiet majority' that does not vote normally....

As our status quo always changes I would assume a percentage of the people you described could be new to this hobby and they are checking it out to find if is safe, others simply checking the Forum as a habit, or could be agencies that do not participate much here or could be people from other parts of the world to see what is happening in the UK.  Bottom line in how many different ways can you express several ideas on a subject?

Agreed on much of that, Annabelle (your nick always makes me sure you would have provided more of an oxo than a vanilla service...).

But we do seem to be able to re-stir the pot over and over again already.

Don't forget that the tally is only for a 15 minute snapshot unlike other forums that list people that have been online at some time over 12 or 24 hour period.

People can also chose not to appear in the online list if they wish even when logged in.

Edited by JKay
missed bits out on last line.

Punternet without  smiths is like walkers without Gary Lineker .

Yes it is all becoming clearer and more understandable as people point out the basics of how the forum works.

I shall cease to be surprised but perhaps limit my future postings* to teasers pointing out what great Info and views I have accumulated over the decades and direct peeps to a pay per snippet site I will set up...

*To many people's delight and relief...

just because you don't see a posters name...............

Always worth having a "junk" email account especially for one's punting activities ;)

1 person likes this

Punternet without smiths is like walkers without Gary Lineker .

Not like you don't know where to find him. All you do is complain about this place

1 person likes this

just because you don't see a posters name...............

Exactly lol.. Half if them are signed in anonymously, I've done it before now x

Not like you don't know where to find him. All you do is complain about this place

Wouldn't you be complaining if you'd been on here 5 years looking for a japanese girl and still no nearer to finding one  ? 

walkers without Gary Lineker .

Surely that should be wankers if lineker is in the same sentence?

Maybe like me they used a known nickname as username without thinking and was frightened of one of my family searching on Google , until I changed it

Exactly lol.. Half if them are signed in anonymously, I've done it before now x

In fact some of them now spend more time logged in here reading and scanning the membership list than they ever did before they started posting across the road!