Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coventrypunter

Convert Vhs To Digital

13 posts in this topic

do I dug out the old VHS and stuck and old family tape in and it worked!

it only has a scart out socket in the back

So how do I convert the VHS scart signal to digital on my computer.  Anyone any recommendations for any products.

Thanks for any info

I just record the VHS output onto my Video HDD and then burn to DVD. Easy.

no HDD

sorry

How many do you have?

If few, I could do them for you.

If lost, as long as they feature Mr and Mrs Coventrypunter shagging, then I'll do them for free...

I have just TODAY finished converting my vinyl and cassette collections to digital on iTunes and CD.

I bought the ION turntable (when it was more expensive than it is now) and took 2 or 3 years doing those (not one for intensive effort).

i then threw out the self-recorded cassettes and have just finished those having bought the cheap-looking but effective cassette player from ION.

Months and months ago I bought a VHS to DVD converter (ION probably) but despite the help of an online support bloke, I couldn't get it to set up properly. Fortunately Maplin are good with refunds and I bought a replacement from them clled honestech VHS to DVD 5.

And it has sat there all those months. I like to think I was waiting till I finished the others but obviously it's way out of refund time now so stupid of me not to give it a go.

So I can't help you, sorry.

You lunatics, (ha,ha,ha) the simple way I know is I've got a combination Video/DVD recorder.

I'm sure with that you can record old VHS tapes onto DVD. Doh!

I started by using an 'Easycap' - do a google search for it.  It worked but initially there were problems with the audio quality which  were fixed by updating the driver supplied on the installation disk.

But then I got a stand-alone DVD recorder which made things much easier.

Once on the computer I was able to edit it and just store onto a USB external hard drive in a suitable format.  (The free program WinFF is very helpful in converting so that I ended up with something playable on my DVD player from a USB stick.)

You lunatics, (ha,ha,ha) the simple way I know is I've got a combination Video/DVD recorder.

I'm sure with that you can record old VHS tapes onto DVD. Doh!

Lunatic cost perhaps for essentially something you won't use after the recordings done.

We could of course all send our 'just a few' tapes to pollyp23 since he offered.

But might one or two of us have a 'special' tape or six we might not want other eyes to see and other hands to record.

I had an obliging lady (first fully shaven I'd seen, almost the first A girl I'd seen) ...

I have just TODAY finished converting my vinyl and cassette collections to digital on iTunes and CD.

I bought the ION turntable (when it was more expensive than it is now) and took 2 or 3 years doing those (not one for intensive effort).

i then threw out the self-recorded cassettes and have just finished those having bought the cheap-looking but effective cassette player from ION.

Months and months ago I bought a VHS to DVD converter (ION probably) but despite the help of an online support bloke, I couldn't get it to set up properly. Fortunately Maplin are good with refunds and I bought a replacement from them clled honestech VHS to DVD 5.

And it has sat there all those months. I like to think I was waiting till I finished the others but obviously it's way out of refund time now so stupid of me not to give it a go.

So I can't help you, sorry.

Nooo! You threw out you vinyl! Sacriledge.

Nooo! You threw out you vinyl! Sacriledge.

my vinyl was all trashed in a flood :(

Lunatic cost perhaps for essentially something you won't use after the recordings done.

We could of course all send our 'just a few' tapes to pollyp23 since he offered.

But might one or two of us have a 'special' tape or six we might not want other eyes to see and other hands to record.

I had an obliging lady (first fully shaven I'd seen, almost the first A girl I'd seen) ...

Mine is very precious and old family stuff.

one tape is when someone has videoed their super 8 films.  some dating from 1954.

[pollyp23 quote]Nooo! You threw out you vinyl! Sacriledge.[quote

Yes I know - can't move in charity shops for men of a certain age nearly in the vinyl corner and the busiest part of a CD sale in a town centre hall is the vinyl.

But what's done is done and if you knew my taste in music you would have made ash trays out of them.