Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cumandgo

Stds -- Can Your Own Body Defeat Some Of Them ?

9 posts in this topic

Would I be correct in saying that your own immune system can overcome some STDs , just in the same way as it can conquer some bacterial/viral infections picked up in day to day life ? 

Dunno...    What you got ?

"you got it... we name it"    :)

Yes it can. I normally go fro a GUM check up every 3 months. However a while back i let it slip until about 6. They told me I'd evidently had one of the hepatitis nasties, however my antibodies had evidently fought it off and I was now immune to it. I must stress I am not recommending this as a way of treatment or prevention.

Even if possible which it is in some cases do you want to risk it plus of course whilst you are waiting for the nasty to exit your system you will have to have no sexual contact..or not any thats really worth having anyhow

The problem with all of this, is that when you get something , you automatically think it might be due to the sexual contact, when it is probably something that you pick up or suffer anyhow.

I got a bit of a headache, sore throat, sneezing ( akin to allergy type ), tummy trouble and then quickly broke out into a skin rash of small red and pink dots on all limbs. The only  std that seemed might be relevant was scabies but key indicators were missing and its supposed to get worse if not treated. It all cleared itself up in a few days.

1 person likes this

The problem with all of this, is that when you get something , you automatically think it might be due to the sexual contact, when it is probably something that you pick up or suffer anyhow.

I got a bit of a headache, sore throat, sneezing ( akin to allergy type ), tummy trouble and then quickly broke out into a skin rash of small red and pink dots on all limbs. The only std that seemed might be relevant was scabies but key indicators were missing and its supposed to get worse if not treated. It all cleared itself up in a few days.

It might have cleared itself up in a few days but it might come back that's the thing.

Well, yes, many infections are eventually dealt with by the immune system provided you aren't immunocompromised. HPV's a good example - most people acquire several strains in their 20s, are largely or completely asymptomatic, and clear the virus in a few years. Other viruses are never cleared by the body, and may or may not cause problems. Silent infections are a concern, particularly with STIs, and it's wise to make check ups part of your routine even if there's nothing unusual to report. 

I got a bit of a headache, sore throat, sneezing ( akin to allergy type ), tummy trouble and then quickly broke out into a skin rash of small red and pink dots on all limbs. The only  std that seemed might be relevant was scabies but key indicators were missing and its supposed to get worse if not treated. It all cleared itself up in a few days.

Scabies doesn't go away, and doesn't alleviate, it also doesn't cause headaches or sore throats etc. It's a mite which buries under your skin and its the mite's faeces that causes you to itch via an allergic reaction. It absolutely would get worse and worse. It just sounds like you were a bit under the weather for a few days. There's only HPV and some Hepatitis variants that may go away on their own. Others can appear to go away, such as Gonorrhoea, if you ignore them for a long time - but it's just the outward symptoms that go away, you still have it and it's still doing damage. 

Hi All,

I've not heard of any human fighting off a STI other than mild cases of Thrush which can be transmitted through sex and oral