Chloe Kisses

Iphone Overheating On The Top Corner

10 posts in this topic

Okay last night when I had charged my iPhone it was incredibly hot on the top right corner, so hot I couldnt hold my finger on it and it smelt a bit funky heat wise. Panic ensued so I turned off my phone. Today the same thing happened and it wouldnt turn on till it had a stint charging in the fridge but kept getting hot and only saving 3% battery then turning straight off after it turned on.

I bought my phone, its not on contract so was in a bit of a fizz so googled the issue. Found a few forums where guys who are all techy were telling each other that its the camera over heating and to remove it. I removed the camera from my iPhone and boom, problem solved. Left it off for a bit as i was then wondering if i had possibly done something that might make it explode (I'm not a techy) but when I plugged it in to charge it whizzed all the way up to 100% and so far its still on 68% several hours later. Its working faster than it has in a while too, think it must have been overheating slightly for a while now.

I can't belieeeeve it, I fixed my iPhone, that little tip actually worked lol.

Downside..no more twitpix lol

Well done Chloe, can you come and help fix mine please?

I'm trying to switch, legally, from EE (a Romanian provider?) to another that will talk to me instead of play music, but I'm having problems with the Itunes restore facility.

In the unlikely event that there is somebody better than Chloe out there, all suggestions appreciated - i get error message at last knockings on restore.

Edited by raylondoner

Chloe, don't understand what you mean by removing the camera as I'm sure you can't do it physically(not without taking the whole phone apart)and I don't believe you can remove the app/icon as it's part of the OS. When I first read the heading I thought you might be up for their free battery replacement programme(details on apple website) as batteries weren't holding their charge

Chloe, don't understand what you mean by removing the camera as I'm sure you can't do it physically(not without taking the whole phone apart)and I don't believe you can remove the app/icon as it's part of the OS. When I first read the heading I thought you might be up for their free battery replacement programme(details on apple website) as batteries weren't holding their charge

Nope, I meant physically remove the camera lens unit. The iPhone like everything else is a number of parts put together to make the whole. I removed the cameral unit from the top right corner. Its a sealed unit with the lenses in, about a centimetre by centimetre size. I couldnt get the screw unscrewed though as it was so tiny so I just ripped the damn thing out, the phone was already knackered anyhow.

You do know that the glass on the front and back of an iPhone is only held on by double sided sticky plastic dont you? Plus my glass is shattered from being dropped so many times so it was easy access for me. Where my lens used to be in the corner of my phone there is now a square hole instead lol..but i have a super fast non heating up iPhone again. Im happy x

Oh didn't pick up on the age of the phone. I've always had my iPhones heating up a lot especially when playing games! A bit drastic to take your phone apart like that as it could have messed up the rest of the hardware/software. Well what's done is done and you've also probably got a lot of cooling through that air vent you created ;p

Okay last night when I had charged my iPhone it was incredibly hot on the top right corner, so hot I couldnt hold my finger on it and it smelt a bit funky heat wise. Panic ensued so I turned off my phone. Today the same thing happened and it wouldnt turn on till it had a stint charging in the fridge but kept getting hot and only saving 3% battery then turning straight off after it turned on. I bought my phone, its not on contract so was in a bit of a fizz so googled the issue. Found a few forums where guys who are all techy were telling each other that its the camera over heating and to remove it. I removed the camera from my iPhone and boom, problem solved. Left it off for a bit as i was then wondering if i had possibly done something that might make it explode (I'm not a techy) but when I plugged it in to charge it whizzed all the way up to 100% and so far its still on 68% several hours later. Its working faster than it has in a while too, think it must have been overheating slightly for a while now. I can't belieeeeve it, I fixed my iPhone, that little tip actually worked lol. Downside..no more twitpix lol

I am impressed. Obviously every second person in MK could manage that - but a girlie? Wow!

Oh didn't pick up on the age of the phone. I've always had my iPhones heating up a lot especially when playing games! A bit drastic to take your phone apart like that as it could have messed up the rest of the hardware/software. Well what's done is done and you've also probably got a lot of cooling through that air vent you created ;p

Its a 4 but I've had it over 3 years now.

I am impressed. Obviously every second person in MK could manage that - but a girlie? Wow!

They could, but every second person in mk, mk being what it it, probably is  computer engineer, or something else relevant to being able to take apart a phone lol..Im not so impressed with my self I shall remain for now…or until my phone falls to bits in my fingers lol

1 person likes this

Another tip, extend your battery time by turning off all the smart stuff, instead of charging my S3 every day I now go about 5 days when Data is turned off, only turn it back on when I need email or shit like that.

They could, but every second person in mk, mk being what it it, probably is  computer engineer, or something else relevant to being able to take apart a phone lol..Im not so impressed with my self I shall remain for now…or until my phone falls to bits in my fingers lol

Methinks you missed my attempted joke, Chloe, which doesn't say much for the joke...

Wow, a non-techie physically removed the lenses from a smartphone. I'm really impressed!

It's probably a software bug, did you update iOS recently (or not upgraded in a long time)?

Also, how old is the phone? Electronics can get dust clogged up in them and overheat things as heat couldn't dissipate!

-W