Unperson

F R Location Patterns, 2004 And 2014

47 posts in this topic

Last month I met by accident the fellow who introduced me to PN back in 2002. Information technology nerd who dabbled in punting then, punting nerd who dabbles in information technology now. Says he made enough money out of his old profile in the 2000s to afford the new one in the 2010s.

He's always paid close attention to FRs on PN. That seems to be more for nerd reasons than punting reasons, because he says it's best to apply a fair-sized discount to any positive things written in them. My experience-based view too, by the way.

In his opinion the big change in FRs since about 10 years ago is in the pattern of where the reported punts are. There was always some concentration in the big city areas, mainly London, but he thinks there's much more of it now. He isn't against that, because London and Manchester are where he looks for his own action. If he's against anything, it's that FRs have disappeared, or almost (meaning nowhere near as many as 10+ years ago), from other parts of the country where there used to be a lot of reporting.

Questions: Why the change? What's happened to the places that are FR deserts in 2014 but weren't in 2004? Are they punting deserts now too? If they are, why? If they aren't, why isn't he seeing the same amount of FR reporting he says was there on PN 10 years ago?

As a good nerd, he promised he'd work out for me from his archives the desert areas which weren't deserts in 2004. He's sent me a list now. Let's hear what you think about the questions and his picture, punter folks. WG folks too.

Gerrards Cross and anywhere west of High Wycombe along and near the A40.
Anywhere southwest of Bristol (except for Cleo's in Highbridge ex-Wellington, a single long-lived beacon in the punting darkness).
Boston (yes, I know - except for Oasis, a single long-lived beacon etc), Sleaford, Spalding, Holbeach, Bourne, Wisbech, Kings Lynn.
Harlow, Bishops Stortford, Sawbridgeworth, Chelmsford, Colchester, Southend.
Hertford, Stevenage, Welwyn, Knebworth, Hitchin, Baldock.
Luton, Dunstable.
Leicester, Loughborough, Ashby.
North Wales coast.
.... and finally, for fans of high culture - Oxford and Cambridge.

1 person likes this

What do you mean " made enough money out of his old profile to be able to afford the new one"?

1 person likes this

As I have said before the PN field-reports needs revision.

They are no longer usable and I've given up with them. Probably others have also.

1. there are so many "touring" girls now, the location is meaningless

2. names don't work as an identifier when so many girls use a nickname, that they change frequently

3. in MK for example, the agencies swamp the independants, are these genuine reports?

The best and most popular girls in my area mayl have one report or none at all.

Ten years back it kind of worked. I think its time has passed, at least in its present form.

Before the revision to the site, I used to read reports regularly, and they have taken me to some very good ladies, Since, the new site has been operative, I have stopped reading them altogether, What was easy and beneficial in the old system is now impossible for this old Luddite . It  appears from unclefoxpeter's post that at least one other person shares my difficulty.

1 person likes this

I would guess that what is going on here is that the big cities have the agencies and the parlours while outside the big cities the WGs are more likely to be indies and, therefore, these days more likely to work through AW which until recently was banned from PN FRs and continues to face restrictions (no links, etc) so it has been (and continues to be, to a lesser extent) more difficult to write an FR for girls working beyond the big cities and people just stopped bothering.

1 person likes this

So basically the addition if a ID number to a girls profile would help ?

What exactly makes reading the reviews hard nowadays?

Before the revision to the site, I used to read reports regularly, and they have taken me to some very good ladies, Since, the new site has been operative, I have stopped reading them altogether, What was easy and beneficial in the old system is now impossible for this old Luddite . It  appears from unclefoxpeter's post that at least one other person shares my difficulty.

Please explain specifically, and in detail, why you find that to be the case. What would you suggest changing?

I was puzzled by the line Chloe asked about (the sensible first one not the numpty second one repeated thrice)

I didn't understand the OP's first para full stop.

And surely Leicester is one of the punting gardens of Eden - you can't move along Narborough Road for parlour doors and side streets with treasures behind the net curtains.

I was puzzled by the line Chloe asked about (the sensible first one not the numpty second one repeated thrice)

I didn't understand the OP's first para full stop.

And surely Leicester is one of the punting gardens of Eden - you can't move along Narborough Road for parlour doors and side streets with treasures behind the net curtains.

I looked through some of the reviews for Leicester the other day - positive as well as negative. It chilled the heart. We Lunnoners don't know how lucky we are.

I looked through some of the reviews for Leicester the other day - positive as well as negative. It chilled the heart. We Lunnoners don't know how lucky we are.

Well yes, no one is saying the streets of Leicester or anywhere else are paved with gold tarts like the smoke but I could take you on a stroll to see sights and opportunities you simply wouldn't believe - and I could throw in Richard III nude in a very fundamental way too.

This was my post earlier this evening. Since then, Galahad has taken the trouble to explain to me by PM exactly how to achieve what I couldn't manage with the field reports. My thanks to him. Any implied criticism of the new site arising from my post has been shown not to be correct

Result!, georgem (not sure I would almost give away my real name if that's what you've done - hacked nude pics of you to follow on twitter??).

Some of us also found we liked the original version better and there ha a again been a few voices plaintively asking for the SP/punter stats to be restored.

But the restoration of the latest 500 reports was what brought me back to using the review section - I am a simple soul and happily just run through the list letting certain locations catch my attention rather anything more sophisticated search-wise.

(Apologies for repetition of my 'I was puzzled' post - no idea what happened and ironic given mention in it of Chloe's repeated post)

Edited by vivluvsme

I too have given up with FR's as an info source. Specifically, as a Londoner, I need to see where in London the FR is based and the vast majority do not specify, whereas they did in the old days. Prefer Forum recs these days anyway, generally from elsewhere.

Re the change from 2004 to 2014, concentrations by locale, may be something to do changes in policing locally

I suspect that there may possibly be more local boards.

Result!, georgem (not sure I would almost give away my real name if that's what you've done - hacked nude pics of you to follow on twitter??).

If you were to hack nude pictures of me, you would very soon be pleading to be allowed to send them back.

1 person likes this

+ 1

I am proficient but I don't like the way you can not page back to the index list. Perhaps it is familiarity but it just doesn't work for me the new way. Also I don't like the new format. I very rarely look at reports now.

I am proficient but I don't like the way you can not page back to the index list. Perhaps it is familiarity but it just doesn't work for me the new way. Also I don't like the new format. I very rarely look at reports now.

Isn't there a link towards top left to take you back to the index list: 'review search results'? I think if you use that instead of the page back browser arrow it works.

Edited by vivluvsme

Isn't there a link towards top left to take you back to the index list: 'review search results'? I think if you use that instead of the page back browser arrow it works.

Thanks, V - I hadn't noticed it.

Why the second Chloe's quote is "numpty"?

Surely, providing the AW Id number on Field Reports, would show the guys if the particular WG changed her working name, as ID number always stays the same, but Wg can change her AW profile name as many times as she likes.

Same as Chloe I could not understand the quote from Unperson " He made enough money out of his old profile to be able to afford the new one"?  :huh: 

yeah not being able to hit "back" on the browser without getting that "do you want to resend the information" message (the most stupid and useless message in the history of IT)... is infuriating... and yes i know about the other button but always forget...

but anyway.. sometimes i use field reports but the forum usually provides enough info...

"he made enough money out of his old profile in the 2000s to afford the new one in the 2010s."

yeah as asked above... what is meant by this?

Edited by ralhar

It's not finding the FR's that bothers me. Its posting them.

Last week I saw "curvaceous" in a hotel in Hatfield. Nice punt.

Am I posting an FR? No.

Don't have a real name and the location is irrelevant. What to do?

Can't be arsed. Result, far less FR's.

Or you can right click on the review you want to read and select "Open in new window". When you have read the review, close the window and you are back to your list of search results. 

It's not finding the FR's that bothers me. Its posting them.

Last week I saw "curvaceous" in a hotel in Hatfield. Nice punt.

Am I posting an FR? No.

Don't have a real name and the location is irrelevant. What to do?

Can't be arsed. Result, far less FR's.

can't be arsed, well put her name as curvaceous if thats her aw name and the location you saw her in and her phone number. Sorry but the changes to the review system haven't changed ladies names or their locations. Plenty of girls tour on a loop and have a few set towns that they revisit over and over and over so there is a point re the location as it will help guys who are considering seeing her next time she is in town. You can't blame the fact that you chose a girl with a dodgy name and who was on tour on the review system.

can't be arsed, well put her name as curvaceous if thats her aw name and the location you saw her in and her phone number. Sorry but the changes to the review system haven't changed ladies names or their locations. Plenty of girls tour on a loop and have a few set towns that they revisit over and over and over so there is a point re the location as it will help guys who are considering seeing her next time she is in town. You can't blame the fact that you chose a girl with a dodgy name and who was on tour on the review system.

The above wasnt meant to sound harsh so if it does just ignore the harshness, sometimes it just comes out that way x