Duxbury

Penny's Tonal Therapy

22 posts in this topic

I was looking for an alternative to 'Manyana' in Selly Oak the other day, so drove down the high street and noticed 'Penny's' was closed up...!? Any ideas? Is it permanent or just having a holiday? So, the other alternative is 'First Class', looks like a discreet entrance and I guess you could park in the Super across the way...anyone been lately?

I was looking for an alternative to 'Manyana' in Selly Oak the other day, so drove down the high street and noticed 'Penny's' was closed up...!? Any ideas? Is it permanent or just having a holiday? So, the other alternative is 'First Class', looks like a discreet entrance and I guess you could park in the Super across the way...anyone been lately?

what time of day was this?

Pennys has been going years.  A sad day  if they close.

Wasn't there a scare story of it shutting a year or so ago but someone went past a day or more later and it was open again?

It would be a shame if it's gone - saw a great favourite of mine there (including a hot-weather session outside in the courtyard)  after she moved from what is now Stars many years ago. Like waiting in a 1960s sitting room with girls making tea and sometimes ironing.

Just a reminder that legit massage businesses are off topic as is speculating that there may be more on offer than is set out in their advertising.

This is a parlour that has been providing full service for decades and has reviews on the Puntertnet review section.

There are 23 reviews on the place going back to 2001.

It used to be on the other side of the road and had a full size snooker table in reception where you could relax with the girls.

Time of Day...? Midday...it was a Saturday I think. Any news on First Class, down the road?

Sorry yes, last review was by a Dr Feelgood, back in April, not a very good one, by all accounts.

Time of Day...? Midday...it was a Saturday I think. Any news on First Class, down the road?

I dont think they are open daytimes.  more a night operation.

pump did daytime shifts there for a while but is didnt work out.

may be wrong.

CP, not quite obvious if you are mixing up Pennys and First Class in your post.

I think the time of day refers to Pennys which you asked about second post.

Your Pump ref is then to First Class.

So I am saying Pennys is/was an all day operation (tho not sure of opening time and din't stay open late).

Just wants someone to ring Pennys at say 3 pm and see what transpires.

First Class does sound very very under the radar - I never hear anything about it. I fancied a punt on the snooker table when I went to Pump there but Pump moved before I sorted out the right girl to pot.

CP, not quite obvious if you are mixing up Pennys and First Class in your post.

I think the time of day refers to Pennys which you asked about second post.

Your Pump ref is then to First Class.

So I am saying Pennys is/was an all day operation (tho not sure of opening time and din't stay open late).

Just wants someone to ring Pennys at say 3 pm and see what transpires.

First Class does sound very very under the radar - I never hear anything about it. I fancied a punt on the snooker table when I went to Pump there but Pump moved before I sorted out the right girl to pot.

sorry - long day

my post was 100% about first class. think i replied to the wrong post :(

i saw the legendary Karolina at punt at first class.  Have to say it was a tad tatty.  Broken tiles, mildew in the mirror.

only tome I have been in the place. 

have to say I parked elsewhere.  Didnt really want my car in a whorehouse carpark. Never know who is writing down reg numbers.

(I usually park some way away from parlours for that reason)

Don't ask me why but I had cause to ring Pennys today..it is open.

Ok thanks for the comments and advice. I have used First Class, before it was called 'First Class', entrance used to be right on the front, must say I had very pleasant times there, including the memory of the girls wearing short pink uniform masseuse type dresses, which I loved back then!

Anyone remember what First Class used to be called? The one time I recall going in there when it was a standalone place I can only recall a big empty hall (almost big enough for barn dance) and if they thought someone nasty was coming in, the girls all disappeared behind a locked door at the far end.

I don't recall that lay out when there to see the Pump version.

Anyone remember what First Class used to be called? The one time I recall going in there when it was a standalone place I can only recall a big empty hall (almost big enough for barn dance) and if they thought someone nasty was coming in, the girls all disappeared behind a locked door at the far end.

I don't recall that lay out when there to see the Pump version.

it had a huge reception.  I seem to remember some narrow stairs up to the bedroom. and following karolina in a very short dress :)

Our memories match (though I didn't go upstairs in a short dress).

Anyone remember what it was called originally? I don't think it was there when there were 5 places within a bowling ball throw of each other - Pennys, Good Lookers, Gemini?, Buntys...

I am one short and one dubious although i always think Gemini was there in the same building as another one on the opposite side from where Good Lookers was and First Class is now.

Where are Brum Uni graduates when you need them to tell us...

Maybe it was 'Gemini', what was the one across the road, where Aldi is now...that had a big reception, perhaps you're getting it mixed up..? Went there once...and even witnessed a raid. There was an adult cinema there too..never went there though. The Uni graduates are all in Aldi, buying cheap food owing to their increasing debts!!

Me get mixed up? I remember sitting on the previous version of the car park on the now Aldi site apposite where Good Lookers was and two girls walked past my car and one small black girl looked inside.

I was in bed with her wiggling her bottom at me for a fondle within the half hour.

The big reception as CP and I both agree is in the building now operating as First Class - though there may have been another over the road for all I know.

The three in the same block included Cuddles (not Buntys till later), Gemini I think and another one, all on the same side as the original Pennys location and on the opposite side to Good Lookers, the current Pennys and whatever First Class was previously called.

Edited by vivluvsme

is manyana deffo closed now then?

is manyana deffo closed now then?

Manyana? I thought the thread was about Penny's.  Manyana is still open (just rang them), Penny's has not answered all week.  Maybe Penny's has gone for good?

Manyana? I thought the thread was about Penny's.  Manyana is still open (just rang them), Penny's has not answered all week.  Maybe Penny's has gone for good?

We Brum people (not that I am one) are pretty fleet footed when it comes to knotting our threads.

Worrying about Pennys (not only because I have just recommended an SP to consider working there) but good news about Manyana.

Me get mixed up? I remember sitting on the previous version of the car park on the now Aldi site apposite where Good Lookers was and two girls walked past my car and one small black girl looked inside.

I was in bed with her wiggling her bottom at me for a fondle within the half hour.

The big reception as CP and I both agree is in the building now operating as First Class - though there may have been another over the road for all I know.

The three in the same block included Cuddles (not Buntys till later), Gemini I think and another one, all on the same side as the original Pennys location and on the opposite side to Good Lookers, the current Pennys and whatever First Class was previously called.

Apologies Viv, my old student days in Selly Oak allude me. I bow to your experience and knowledge!

Apologies Viv, my old student days in Selly Oak allude me. I bow to your experience and knowledge!

No need for apologies - I once made an error (but never wrote allude when I meant elude... - the older I get the more I look at what I've typed and wonder what on earth I was doing to put completely the wrong word down that needed a whole set of wrong letters).