JKay

T Mobile Pay As You Go Sim

9 posts in this topic

I use T mobile for my punting activities and I have had a text message from them offering me a cut price Nokia Lumina phone if I swap over to EE pay as you go, the new phone would be nice but if I was to change it would be to an android Samsung and not to EE as I am still pretty pissed off with them over the home broadband issue.......... 

Anyhow with my current sim I'm eating up my text limit rapidly in fact some months 20quid or so on extra top ups, what's my best options? I need to keep the same number but if that's not possible then I will have to swallow it and change provider but it needs to be long term and avoid losing the number if some fly by night provider goes tits up?

GiffGaff do unlimited texts from as little as £7.50/month. If you need plans with more minutes and data as well, you can get them incrementally for £10, £12, £15 /month

They have a whole new set of these 'goodybag' plans strarting in 2 days...

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/Upcoming-goodybag-changes/td-p/14395647

There's no way you should be paying £20 on top of whatever you're already paying just for texting. Unlimited FTW.

GiffGaff do unlimited texts from as little as £7.50/month. If you need plans with more minutes and data as well, you can get them incrementally for £10, £12, £15 /month

They have a whole new set of these 'goodybag' plans strarting in 2 days...

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/Upcoming-goodybag-changes/td-p/14395647

There's no way you should be paying £20 on top of whatever you're already paying just for texting. Unlimited FTW.

I'm sure Jkay would be happy to leave his debit card details online for such a good plan...

I'm sure Jkay would be happy to leave his debit card details online for such a good plan...

That's a good point...

I have been digging around and I can change T mobile plans, a £15 smart pack gets 2 gig of data, 600 texts and 200 minutes of calls in 30 days, that's certainly going to save me money but the most important thing is to keep the number as proved a couple of minutes ago when l got a call for a WG who had been passed my number.

As the most important thing is privacy for this phone use, sadly there is no other solution than pay as you go and the rate that comes with the offer IMO... :(

You could use a pre-paid credit card to use giffgaff so it doesn't show up on any credit card statement and you can stay annonymous.

£7.50 for unlimited texts is half the price of £15 so worth it if you are trying to save money. You can keep your number too.

1 person likes this

You could use a pre-paid credit card to use giffgaff so it doesn't show up on any credit card statement and you can stay annonymous.

£7.50 for unlimited texts is half the price of £15 so worth it if you are trying to save money. You can keep your number too.

and giff gaff will flog you an unlocked smartphone for not a lot.  no contract.

Would a dual sim phone work for you? You could get a decent sim only deal on your main number and use that for data etc., and use a pay and go for the punting sim. I use Tesco mobile pay and go as when you top up £10 they triple your credit. You can also turn the punting sim off whenever you like, and if it's Android you can download apps to lock your messages, hide contact numbers etc.

I believe the Motorola Moto G now has a dual sim version and seems to get good reviews. I'm thinking of getting one for work/punting use.