Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vivluvsme

Old Brum Parlour Names

36 posts in this topic

Anyone any information on these parlours?

Suite One 

Swan 

Monroe's

Paradise

Ladybirds

Best Wishes

Palm Beach

PS It looks like the First Class name is older than I thought so perhaps that is why no one has a come up with a previous name for the building.

Palm Beach and Paradise are familiar names...trying to locate them is a bit fuzzy..my first Brum punt was in a place on Constitution Hill, (not Blue Ice...although I've tried that one) back in the early 1980's. Also further up on the right hand side on Great Hampton Street...was that Palm Beach? The one on Constitution Hill had massage tables and the girls wore 'uniforms', but with skimpy undies...my first 'Masseur' was wearing thigh high black PVC boots...and denim shorts beneath her uni! Never forget your first punt!

Palm Beach was on Great Hampton Street, the signs may well still be outside. It was in a fine building that appears to be left to decay. it also housed a cafe where I did enjoy many a fine breakfast.  At the bottom of Constitution Hill was another parlour which might of been Venus, it did not look very clean from the outside and I never ventured in.

I went to Palm Beach once. What an experience!

I saw a woman who was old enough to be my mother who turned out to be the dirtiest WG that I've ever encountered. Pure filth!

Was Ladybirds on Coventry Road in Small Heath?

The parlour scene in Birmingham is not what it was which is a shame.

Went to Palm Beach twice, once with a woman who fitted the description of above, (first time a WG allowed me to ejaculate all over her!) and another with a girl who looked a bit like Julie Walters! She had just clocked on, and was in her 'civvies', but that was different, removing panties and tights! It had a place where you could have a drink beforehand, I seem to remember.

Oh...forgot...there was another establishment tucked beneath a Viaduct off Water Street/Livery Street...had a few punts in there, some good, some bad...but forgot the name of it! There used to be a nightclub down there called 'Holy City Zoo'.

A good start. You have reminded me about the Palm Beach sign although i would have guessed it was on Constitution Hill itself. Haven't seen it recently but haven't been looking.

Yes Ladybirds was on Coventry Road. I for some reason cannot remember the other name it had. I used to drive past almost daily and the only reason I didn't get in was because I had latched onto someone saying the staff were mature. Silly decision, i suspect. I did once park outside only to discover it was shut for some reason and was working up to another try when it closed down for good.

I think Suite One became Moseley Suite and I did meet a lovely girl in there who moved to Lucy Palmers with me hot on her tail.

I assume the Water Street one is one of the early Devotions locations? I went there one New Year's night among a few other unmemorable but cheap visits.

Does anyone remember the place in Digbeth called Lucy Tupper?

P

Does anyone remember the place in Digbeth called Lucy Tupper?

P

Yes, she held 'Tupperware' parties...(sorry!)

Oh...forgot...there was another establishment tucked beneath a Viaduct off Water Street/Livery Street...had a few punts in there, some good, some bad...but forgot the name of it! There used to be a nightclub down there called 'Holy City Zoo'.

Lena Masang.

Lena Masang.

I am not sure if I remember having heard of that name ever before - just a faint recognition in my head. So was it close to the Water St location of Devotions or same site at a different time?

The Swan was further out on the Coventry Road than Lisas/Stars and GofE and was my first parlour experience - not fully fitted out but bench not bed. 

Now occupied by a solicitors office.

The Swan was further out on the Coventry Road than Lisas/Stars and GofE and was my first parlour experience - not fully fitted out but bench not bed. 

Now occupied by a solicitors office.

still soliciting there then.

1 person likes this

still soliciting there then.

I set 'em up, CP...

I have remembered Ladybirds used to be called Harmony and I think the Moseley place was not Moseley Suite but Florida Suite.

I am not sure if I remember having heard of that name ever before - just a faint recognition in my head. So was it close to the Water St location of Devotions or same site at a different time?

Lionel Street

I forgot the name of the place at the bottom of holloway head. Black door next to the news agents. I remember seeing a tall blonde MILF on her first day. Cracking pair of tits.

Has Birmingham got more massage parlours than any other city in the UK? A bit like having more canals than Venice!?

Used to buy my 'sex' contact magazines from an Adult Bookshop on Summer Row, before popping into Taboo for a few films. Was there a parlour tucked behind the cinema somewhere?

NO!

Birmingham has fewer parlours than ever as one after another shuts. A few years ago Manchester would have been top (outside whatever way you set London's boundary) with a reputed number approaching 3 figures I recall reading (possibly incorrectly) if you included sprints up the metro to Bury.

Birmingham has had a good few parlours (but few good parlours) over the years although if you found one with a girl or girls you liked and became a regular you could have such a good time chatting to the girls and receptionists before and after as they could be really welcoming and down to earth.

I don't know the one near Hollowway head but might recognise the name if anyone came up with it. For some reason mention of the place has reminded me of a place near a newish at the time shopping centre (Birmingham Seduction) where there was a £25 place with some lovely girls, one Swiss one whom i followed to Garden of Eden for a while.

It would be a shame if they continue to close as for some people they are a very convenient, sociable and fun venue.

I don't think anyone has confirmed if Soho95 is actually still open?

I happened to go past it for the first time in a decade a few weeks ago and the door was shut but that would have been the norm.

Edited by vivluvsme

As more and more clean, safe, 'luxury' apartments are now available at decent city centre locations, parlours will continue to close in Birmingham.

There are at least a dozen operations at Tesco Skyline to name one. Then there is the familiar haunt opposite The Mailbox to name a second.

P

Used to buy my 'sex' contact magazines from an Adult Bookshop on Summer Row, before popping into Taboo for a few films. Was there a parlour tucked behind the cinema somewhere?

Gemini Suite

Gemini Suite

I used to go to a record shop on Summer Row called Second City Sounds. I then used to go to Taboo, watch a movie and then pop into Gemini Suite which was the first parlour that I visited. I used to really like it there, reasonably priced with OK girls wearing white tunics with press stud fastenings. I loved the sound of those press studs popping!

There was also that place off Great Hampton Street. The entry was up a back passage. It was run by Anita Hoare.

Anyone remember the name?

P

Going back to the early 80s does anyone remember a parlour just round the corner from Lloyd House the West Mids Police HQ is it Snow Hill Queensway ? And in the 90s one in Stechford about 10 mins walk from the station?

Going back to the early 80s does anyone remember a parlour just round the corner from Lloyd House the West Mids Police HQ is it Snow Hill Queensway ? And in the 90s one in Stechford about 10 mins walk from the station?

Yes...not far from the subway that led up to Lloyd House on the left. Visited once, but ducked out after paying entrance fee, and being disappointed in the choice of girl. Don't recall Stechford one tho'.