Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elrond

Niki Adams and Honyball on Womens Hour

7 posts in this topic

Niki Adams and HoneyBall on Womens hour. 23minutes 45 seconds in.

Discussing the closure of the Human Trafficking unit, and the merging of it into Clubs and Vice. Honeyball did say that trafficking increased during the German World cup, and she tried to equate 85% of foreign women in London to trafficked. I thought that information from Germany had shown there was no extra trafficking during the world cup.

The piece was really too short (10 minutes) to allow Nikki to back up her statements. They were that most were not trafficked, where they tried to help women who were trafficked, or being abused then there were no services to help them. She was against the Clubs and Vice, because women were fearful of reporting problems to them, because they would end up being prosecuted. She claimed the figures on trafficking were were discredited.

She argued that to get women out of prostitution , then you should be be giving them more money and more facilities.

Mz Honneyball mention Sapphire, I have heard of the group who concentrated on Rape.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00pcht4/Womans_Hour_15_12_2009/

the anti-s have to keep up the charade of trafficking exagerations,its a bit like the weapons of md propaganda we were constantly fed, i'm sure the anti-s don't even believe their own propaganda but they have to carry on with this charade

the anti-s have to keep up the charade of trafficking exagerations,its a bit like the weapons of md propaganda we were constantly fed, i'm sure the anti-s don't even believe their own propaganda but they have to carry on with this charade

The strangest part is that they seem hell bent on blocking avenues of reporting such incidents (the new legislation) and following up leads (blocking of newspaper adverts), a very odd way of going about things IMHO.

I hear a lot about how during the World Cup in Germany Trafficking increased! Were these statistics able to be produced due to "legalised" prostitution in Germany allowing these trafficked girls etc to be identified and helped?

I hear a lot about how during the World Cup in Germany Trafficking increased! Were these statistics able to be produced due to "legalised" prostitution in Germany allowing these trafficked girls etc to be identified and helped?

I believe there were 5 found, have to run now but will find the link later.